U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 08:27 PM

17,587 posts, read 8,010,339 times

Advertisements

There was a time when my daughter was about 4 years old where some mornings I would be sleeping when I was wakened by someone blowing air on my face. The first time it happened, I opened my eyes expecting to find my daughter standing there but I was alone in the room. This happened fairly frequently for about a couple of years---then never happened again.

I had a friend who was intuitive who felt that it was my grandmother doing it. She died when my daughter was 3 so when this happened to me, it started less than a year after my grandmother passed.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 883 times
Im an agnostic and for the last week at work where i weld for a living ive been not tapped on the left shoulder but feels like a friendly pat to get my attention, this happened 5 times this week, never happened before and put it down to repetitive spasm due to welding, then it happened again over the weekend, when i was on the toilet of all places, its pretty strange as im a totally sceptic concerning religions, ghosts ect,odd.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:43 PM

5,720 posts, read 5,909,425 times
Sure. It happens sometimes when one is experiencing that bizarre phenomenon known as "darkness".

Old 04-30-2017, 12:55 PM

11,086 posts, read 3,301,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I've witnessed (along with about 5 other people), my mother's shirt being tugged on from the back, by what seemingly would have been a toddler (looked just like when toddlers walk up from behind and tug on the tail of your shirt).

That incident, along with some others, has really solidified my stance on the paranormal. The stance being, I have no ****ing clue what it is, but something beyond our world most certainly does exist. I mean, really, I saw the tail of her shirt bunch of like a fist was grabbing it, then saw the entire shirt vertically stretch repeatedly until she moved from it. There's really no other way to explain that away.
This is SO similar to what I experienced about 45 years ago!

While my husband was overseas, I was living in my mother-in-law's garage apartment that had no running water, so I had to use one of her bathrooms. One day I was cleaning it and standing on the top of the toilet to clean the top of the shower frame and felt a distinctive tug at the bottom of my dress. Thinking it was my imagination, I just ignored it and then I felt a very insistent DOUBLE tug. I told my MIL about it, and she just laughed, and then said very matter-of-factly, "Oh, that's just Herman. We don't know his name, but he is always doing little things like that. We think he's about four or five years old."

Old 05-01-2017, 12:17 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,897,124 times
I sat up in bed one night, for no reason at all, and felt a puff of air blown in my face. That was about 20 years ago when we lived in a haunted place.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:36 PM

756 posts, read 444,892 times
Not too long ago, while working the register in my store, I distinctly felt a puff of
air on the back of my neck. Thinking someone was goofing around, I turned to see
who it was, and, of course, no one's there.

This happened about 2-3 times that same day. I chalk it up to some spirit passing
through who was just goofing off. I don't think the store is actually haunted.

-

Old 11-13-2017, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 666 times
Am glad I am NOT going crazy !! I have had some very creepy/unexplainable things happening to me , ok , ONE thing...The feeling , over the last 4-5 days that something or someone is brushing their fingers/hand on the back of my neck , and its ALWAYS the right side , and I go to brush it away thinking its an insect or something , then it starts again 10-15 minutes later...its like somebody is bushing the hair of my neck with their finger.....maybe something or someone trying to tell me something ???

Old 11-13-2017, 09:12 PM

67,546 posts, read 63,034,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geocruiser View Post
Am glad I am NOT going crazy !! I have had some very creepy/unexplainable things happening to me , ok , ONE thing...The feeling , over the last 4-5 days that something or someone is brushing their fingers/hand on the back of my neck , and its ALWAYS the right side , and I go to brush it away thinking its an insect or something , then it starts again 10-15 minutes later...its like somebody is bushing the hair of my neck with their finger.....maybe something or someone trying to tell me something ???
I'm not sure what it is, but it happened to me. Where I used to live, there was a little bit of activity, mostly in the sound of footsteps, an occasional door slamming--and a tall man in a hat and a long coat you could see walking through the dining room out of the corner of your eye. My roommate saw him, and I know my cats saw him.

Upstairs in my room, I had a computer in a corner tower computer desk, so my back was to the room. A couple of times as I sat at the computer, I felt what I thought were my cats pushing me with their paws on my back just above my butt through the back of the desk chair. Then I turned around to see and pet them, and there was no cat there. Other times I felt a cat jump on the bed and felt its weight next to me on the bed, but I turned on the light and there was no cat.

Also, after my brother died, my mother said she sat in her recliner with her feet up, and every so often something would slap her foot, like a friendly slap. She figured it was my brother, who had lived there for his last years and whom she had taken care of as his illness progressed. It gave her comfort.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:52 PM

2,201 posts, read 948,434 times
20 plus years ago when we were living in LA, we had recently lost one of our shelter cats to FIV. About a week later I was doing laundry and felt one of our cats brush against my leg. I looked down expecting to see a cat but there was no cat in the room. I wonder if it was our deceased cat letting me know he was still around.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:25 AM

246 posts, read 721,925 times
From '94-'97, My gf and I lived in great rental house in a very desirable & older neighborhood in Sacramento. The only drawback was the previous owner had recently passed and we moved in with an agreement of that we'll finish cleaning and disposing of the previous owners property, or what was left of it.

There were many unexplained occurrences while we lived there, but for this post, I'll just tell a quick story.
So once we get settled in and clean out the house (gross stuff like the previous owners hair was still in the tub drain) we were in the process of removing the old wall paper in the living room . We both kept getting a feeling like we were being watched as we were working on the wallpaper. At one point we both felt like somebody was directly behind us and breathing on the back of our necks, like they were watching what we were doing over our shoulder. We were working on opposite sides of the wall and didn't mention it until we had quit for the night and gone to bed, we felt a little creeped out but no biggy. We were working long hours and drinking a little and figured it was just fatigue.

So the next morning, I leave for work around 5:30am, and my girl was sleeping soundly and I did not want to disturb her so no kiss goodbye. Later in the day when I get home from work, we chit chat about how our day went and then she asks me if I came back into the room before leaving for work.

I tell her no, I did not want to disturb you, she then tells me she felt somebody sit on the side of the bed and kiss her on the cheek. Now, she may have dreamed it, which is what I initially thought, but later on we kept seeing the made bed disturbed like someone had sat on it and this happened more than once.

There are quite few more occurrences, but I will have to post those later. Regardless, the energy and vibe we both felt was that of a grandmother, she wasn't mean or scary, very calming. It didn't feel like residual energy, it was more interactive , especially a towards the end, she made it known that she dis approved during certain conversations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal