U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2017, 12:53 PM

3,860 posts, read 1,915,711 times

Advertisements

more times than I can count. Started in my last house, not an old haunted house but one we built. I would feel (and still do at times) someone touching my hair on the top of my head.

Then it started with touching my legs while I was lying in bed . Only when I had the covers on, like someone was putting their hand on my leg above (not under) the covers. Or the covers would move as if someone was twitching them. Or I would feel someone in bed beside me when no one was there.

With me it is almost ALWAYS touch and smell, rarely hearing and never seeing.

I have also experienced a visit from my late cat, once when I was catsitting at my sister in law's - I think mine was jealous.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 11:40 PM

1,409 posts, read 918,715 times
About 6 years ago walking down the hall of a hospital felt a tap on my right shoulder, it had the weight of how it feels when someone taps you on the shoulder. I turned around and the only person behind me was way back, not even close to being able to tap me.

I'll share this other hospital story while I'm here. Two years ago I was in the hospital for a couple days and was given a medication that made my blood pressure plummet and I started to go into shock. The staff did whatever they did to get my bp back up and more stable and wheeled me back to my room. They had a nurse in the room monitoring me and were planning to transfer me to another floor soon. I fell asleep and woke up to see a man standing near my bed as if he were checking on me and I looked over and saw the nurse doing something on her portable station they enter information in. The man wasn't there anymore. I asked he nurse who that man was and she said what man, I'm the only one here. Don't know if this matters but that hospital was close to 90 years old.

Lastly way back in about 1996 I went w my sister brother in law and his sister to visit their grandma who was like 96 in a nursing home. It seemed old the facility, we were visiting in the grandmas room and my sister and Bil walked out first, and me and his sister were walking out, I felt a slight breeze and the door on its own closed a little . His sister said matter of factory oh, a ghost.. and that she wasn't surprised. I couldn't get out of there fast enough

Old 11-16-2017, 03:38 PM

11,073 posts, read 3,290,688 times
Okay, I did not want to start a thread on this, and it MIGHT be my imagination, but once in a while (about three times a year and more often lately), it has felt that I have been bitten on my earlobe -- just one sharp nip. Not the same place or time or other circumstance -- just all very random -- when I'm at work or just watching TV, for instance.

Now what is weird is that biting a child's earlobe was my grandmother's way of expressing affection to them -- don't ask me why! -- and I hated it! (She died over 20 years ago.) I never liked or loved my grandmother -- long story. I am not superstitious and I don't believe in ghosts (spirits, yes, but not in actual manifestations of dead people), but this has definitely been bothering me!

Old 11-17-2017, 12:02 PM

7,978 posts, read 3,691,061 times
About 2 months ago; I was washing dishes after dinner.

The twins were in their rooms, my son on the computer in the living room & his dad (Mac) was downstairs in the basement. The basement stairs door is about 15 ft directly opposite to the sink, so while washing dishes, it is right behind you.

With the water, on I can't hear anything. Nobody gets this & it's annoying because I have to stop, turn the water off & ask "What??" ... And then it's usually something like "Where did my colored pencils go?"

Anyway; since I was focusing on the task at hand & hadn't been interrupted yet, I wasn't startled to feel Mac walk up behind me on my left while placing his right hand on my right shoulder. I jokingly said "Hey ... if you're bored or something? You could finish these dishes for me!"

But Mac didn't answer.

So I said " ... Or not ..."

Still no answer. I turned around & there was nobody there.

I shut off the water & heard the "clomp-clomp" sound of someone coming up the stairs behind the closed door. The door opens & Mac is standing there, "Who are you talking too?"

I said, "Well; I thought I was talking to you."

He says, "I just heard you talking when I was coming up the stairs ... I wasn't even up here yet!"

That was the second time in about 6 months. The first time I was all alone, around 2 pm in the bedroom, facing the closet when I felt a hand from behind me touch my arm.

Neither time was it "scary" or even startling. The weird thing is that it "feels" like a tall, adult male & that makes me wonder if it's this guy:

//www.city-data.com/forum/40286911-post81.html

It was kind of funny (yet enlightening) when a week or so ago, I ran into a convenience store to grab a loaf of bread but before I could grab it off the shelf, I found myself being embraced from behind & all I could see was an arm in a black sweatshirt that was wrapped around my shoulder.

Then I heard "Hi, Mom! I thought that was you!" & recognized the voice of my 24-year-old son who doesn't live at home (with me) anymore!

After talking with him & his GF for a few minutes we parted ways but the last thing he said to me was "You know, Mom? I'm kind of concerned that getting bear-hugged from behind, by a guy you couldn't see, didn't at least rile you up a little bit! I thought I'd get more of a reaction outta you!"

And he's actually right. Most women would have been aiming for the private's if grabbed from behind with their face buried in the crook of some guys arm, so I wonder why I didn't.

Old 09-14-2018, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 478 times
Hello I was at my clients house today and I was in the kitchen doing dishes and felt something touch the lowest part of my back really close to my behind I turned around because I thought it was her cat we call gartfield but then once I turned around and looked noticing nothing was there I realized that the cat isn't even big enough to even come close to touching me right there! Now this is not the first time I felt something or someone touch me with no explanation at all!

Old 09-14-2018, 10:08 PM

7,376 posts, read 14,222,331 times
Yep. Acapulco in the ocean. Two gay guys came up behind me. True story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal