U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 06:20 PM

10,144 posts, read 18,615,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
There is one thing that doesn't add up about it being heaven in the making though. If this place exists then why is it that some people have reported to have simply blacked out when they have a near death experience?
Not everyone is going to have the same experience but I don't think that makes it invalid for those that do. I know of three people who've had NDE's and 2 had the tunnel and very vivid experiences and one just blacked out. The one that blacked out had a terrible upbringing and never felt that anyone cared about her and would push people away when they tried to love her. It's not hard to imagine that she pushed this experience away as well, and either b/c she didn't feel she deserved it or b/c she wasn't ready for it. I read somewhere that many people just need to "sleep" when they get to the other side.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 04:09 PM

3,884 posts, read 2,221,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Not everyone is going to have the same experience but I don't think that makes it invalid for those that do. I know of three people who've had NDE's and 2 had the tunnel and very vivid experiences and one just blacked out. The one that blacked out had a terrible upbringing and never felt that anyone cared about her and would push people away when they tried to love her. It's not hard to imagine that she pushed this experience away as well, and either b/c she didn't feel she deserved it or b/c she wasn't ready for it. I read somewhere that many people just need to "sleep" when they get to the other side.
But how would you push away an actual place?
She forgot it? Repressing only seems to happen to push away bad things. I didn't think you could repress a positive experience.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:53 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,777,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvictoria View Post
I want to know if I am alone feeling this way - I sometimes feel homesick for a place that I know does not exist in this life. It is a weird feeling and very hard to explain like a nagging thought in the back of my mind, uncontrollable longing or a very strong craving. Wikipidia says Germans even have a name for it: Sehnsucht - "It is sometimes felt as a longing for a far off country, but not a particular earthly land which we can identify. Furthermore there is something in the experience which suggests this far off country is very familiar and indicative of what we might otherwise call "home".

It is usually a fleeting moment of memory that I experience in certain locations/scenery. Few months ago, however, I had a strange dream. It was one of those dreams which are emotionally so powerful you have a hard time forgetting. I think everyone has them once in a while. In any case, in my dream my son, my husband and I were in a small boat in a city in my home country. We were talking about something. It was one of those regular dreams when all of a sudden scenery changed and I felt I got yanked out of this dream. I was in a hallway of an apartment in a high rise building. There was a well dressed man in the apartment and he was showing me around. The apartment was very futuristic and he was showing me how to do things. He welcomed me back home and I remember walking to window and looking outside to a big city with incredibly tall buildings. Everything was very pristine but there was also lot of greenery but all landscaped not natural growth. And I remember feeling overwhelmed with this idea that I was home. That my job in this life was over and I remembered being sent to earth for some purpose/duty and now it was done and the relief I felt. I remembered everything, why I was there, how I was made to forget my real identity and now I was back to my own life. I guess it was just a dream but my feelings of being home was so strong, I woke up crying. Months afterwards, I still remember it and it fills me with longing to go back. For those of you wondering, I am not depressed about anything, my life is pretty good. So, do you ever miss home?
I've always found it fascinating that I dream of the same house, one I've never been in, with strangely placed rooms that are barely furnished yet I feel I know this place very well and I want to be there.

There is another word, too - a welsh word "hiraeth" which we have no direct translation for but it means, homesickness for a home you cannot return to, or which never existed.

From wiki: "Hiraeth bears considerable similarities with the Portuguese concept of saudade (a key theme in Fado music), Brazilian Portuguese banzo (more related to homesickness), Turkish gurbet, Galician morriña, Romanian dor." This seems to be a fairly universal, human sentiment.

Old 10-31-2015, 12:42 PM

8 posts, read 5,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi ladyv,
Sounded to me like you are having your everyday garden variety recollection of
the Other Side, I call Home, where we were before we came "here".
It is something to miss alright, it's our real Home...not this place, ha!

Great post, Calguy.
Hi Miss Hepburn...I have only just joined and am finding my way round but I wanted you to know that the way you feel is exactly how I see things!! I believe that we made the choice to come here to do whatever it is that we need to do to advance ourselves in some way..then we get to go home.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:29 AM

19,284 posts, read 25,839,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
There is one thing that doesn't add up about it being heaven in the making though. If this place exists then why is it that some people have reported to have simply blacked out when they have a near death experience?
could it be some people need more growth or redemption,,,and not everyone may be going to heaven..
and if this is true.... perhaps they have caught glimpses that scared them,,,,

Old 11-01-2015, 01:31 AM

19,284 posts, read 25,839,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Wood View Post
Hi Miss Hepburn...I have only just joined and am finding my way round but I wanted you to know that the way you feel is exactly how I see things!! I believe that we made the choice to come here to do whatever it is that we need to do to advance ourselves in some way..then we get to go home.
very insightful

Old 03-27-2017, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,085 times
I feel the same and whenever I think about the "place" it fills me up with so much sadness and I want to remember it but it's on the tip of my tongue and I can't remember it. It was so beautiful there I've had visions of the place ever since I was a little girl (I'm 13) and I want to go there so bad but I will never get too I remember another girl and rain and a feild of wheat with a corner store and a boat and wagons I remember the bottom of a lake too but every thing is so beautiful there and I need to get there but I never will
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal