Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 03:14 PM

8 posts, read 15,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

My humble opinion...stick to reading up on NDEs if you want to know what the spirit world is like...person(s) on the other side are not always who you think they are. Probably impossible to discern the difference.
^That, and understand that there's laws of physics there just as well as here, it's just different. Over here you have to manipulate matter, over there it's just manipulating energy. Much easier task. Also understand it takes a great deal of energy for the deceased to have any effect here in this plane, so most rather not drain themselves. Besides, while they still care for their loved ones still here and send loving vibes and concern,, they are also concentrating on their self-development. You've got to manage your energy reserves. That movie Ghost with Swayze I'd say was correct in this area of discussion. Got to manage that supply or wear yourself out. And there's many planes. Where you wind up at has to do with how vibrational your energy is. Birds of a feather flock together. The more you choose to develop here, the higher your vibrations will be, the higher you ascend, and vice-versa. People don't just disregard their personalities they developed here and everyone becomes magically happy. And do be careful, because you manipulate energy with thought. If you believe you're going to see some demons kicking your arse, then your reality won't disappoint. Thought is everything there, it's also how you communicate.

But while many people can spend eons of time in a level of development, if they choose to, you can still grow to higher existences, it's just more work on that side than here. This, in your here and now, is school. If you choose to do the homework, great. If not, just like school, you get to hang out in detention until you choose to do the work and pass your classes to advancement. The Hell plane is basically you alone with your thoughts to work through them and understand how and why you wound up there. But you can too ascend from that plane as well.....after the work has finished. And you do have guides there with you always. You're never truly alone. And ZGod isn't punishing you by keeping distant if you haven't developed. It's just that your energies would clash. God would overpower yours and you'd truly self-destruct. It's not a judgemental thing; he cares for all.

Nikola Tesla left an interesting quote once: "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."

The ball's in Science's court....

Last edited by vagabond3; 09-15-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 03:46 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
CALGUY, are you able to communicate with your deceased partner in such a way that you could ask him, for example "What is going on in the Prime Minister's office right now? What are they deciding to do" which could later be verified by actions taken by the PM at a later date?
I have asked similar question in the past, and from what I gather from the answers I have received, not only from my partner, but others I have contacted through evp, these things have no meaning to spirits, therefore they deem it such trivial matter, that the only response I have ever received is "I have no concern with these things".
My experience has been that spirits are concerned with spreading good as opposed to evil, and teaching that love is fundamental in all things.
My partner (J.R.) has expressed that love many times in our contact.
Obviously not all spirits are intent on love and good, the reason being, the evil, or bad spirits are usually of a much lower level, and often in their infancy.
It is only through many lives and experiences that some of these spirits will learn the virtue of those qualities associated with spirits of higher rank.
In another post, it was asked why others are not able to communicate as I can with JR, without a medium as a go-between.
I really can't answer that other than to say, for one reason or another, my spirit wants to communicate through me, so that in my human existence I can gain knowledge that would otherwise be hidden from this human existence.
My spirit is obviously able to communicate with whatever spirit it wishes too, at any time, but for some reason has allowed me to be a participant as well.
Perhaps my spirit has endowed me with the ability to "spread the word" that communication with spirits is obtainable.
I do think it is possible for many (not all) humans to communicate with those beyond the realm of this planet.
The obvious question would be, how?
I think the first thing to consider would be, a mind "tuned in" too things beyond one's daily existence.
Now, what do I mean by that?
Each and every day, there are many,many events and actions going on around us that we are either unaware of,or don't give a second thought too, if and when we experience them.
Case in point;
You are engrossed in matters concerning your employment, and for no reason,your thoughts shift to something having absolutely nothing to do with your employment.
It may be thoughts of something in the past, or something you have never experienced .
Perhaps you are thinking of someone you want to meet.
You have never seen this person, but your mind has conjured up what this person looks like.
Another instance would be, you are thinking of a great, peaceful location you want to visit sometime soon.
You have never been there, but in your mind you know exactly what it looks like.
These are "messages" your spirit within is sending out.
What you do, and how you act on these messages is up too you.
Most never giver them a second thought.
As for being able to contact friends and love ones who have passed on, in most cases that will require what I refer to as "down time".
This is time that you put aside for quiet (hopefully alone) contemplation, and self awareness.
This time is when you do not allow yourself to think of anything other than the moment at hand.
Set aside all other thoughts, and concentrate on the present.
To seek those you wish to contact, you would want to state their given name .
That is the name you know them as.
Though the spirit may have had many names, and different lives, the energy given off by YOUR thoughts will hone in on the spirit's ability to recall you as one close to it when it had a human existence.
You may not be successful at first, but NEVER give up.
I know for sure, spirits make contact when they want too, not when we want them too.
I have had times when I couldn't make contact with JR, or those I wanted too through evp, but in time, did get responses.
It may help to explain how I contacted JR one evening, beyond the process of evp.
I sat in the chair in my living room.
It was late in the evening, when all was quiet.
The events of the day were behind me, and now my thoughts were of JR.
I thought about the years we were together, and of the things we experienced in those years.
I spoke his name, and asked if he could feel my energy, that I was trying to contact him.
Minutes past, with no response.
I never wavered in my attempt, or thoughts.
As I sat in that chair, I became aware of his words in my ear.
It was more of a loud whisper, but extremely audible.
I mentioned in other post that spirits speak in syllables as opposed to regular sentences, and In all my contacts, I have found this to be true, and with JR speaking in my ear, it was also evident.
I will not share some of the personal things we have discussed, but one thing that seems to be major in his spirit existence is what a loving nature he has.
When he had life here, it was much the same, only now seems more pronounced.
I believe one word of caution should be added at this point.
When trying to make contact, never think of it as amusement.
You will get no response at all, ever.
I have tried to make contact with others present, and it does not work.
I have found that spiritual contact is deeply personal,and not only should not, but could not be shared.
This is the reason I doubt any, and all mediums that perform before an audience,,be it one person, or many.
It is not a circus act, or entertaining television show, but a time in one's life when we are made aware that there is an existence beyond what we as humans are accustomed too.
Bob.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:17 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
A not-so-brief history: raised a Catholic; had the burn-for-eternity-rubbish ground into me; started studying the other two Christian views (conditional immortality/annihilationism and universalism); decided universalism was the best fit of God's character based on thousands of testimonies of NDE's who returned telling of a loving, non-judgemental God regardless of the people's personal beliefs or nonbeliefs; wanted to get beyond NDE's because they were so limited and get to actual reliable evidence of spirits actually communicating with humans.

There is so much bunkum out there with fake mediums and fraud running rampant. How does one find out if spirits truly communicate with the living. I discard the Fundamentalist rubbish that these are fallen angels disguising themselves as loved ones--I've never heard of anything more ridiculous in my life. The devil is a big fairytale boogeyman far as I'm concerned but that doesn't mean I discard the Bible's teachings altogether, just the stuff about eternal damnation and satan poking you with a pitchfork forever. Utter garbage.

I've never had any sort of contact with the supernatural, however and neither have any of my close friends or associates. So on the one hand I read all this stuff about communicating with spirits; videos on YouTube; Scole Experiments, and on the other hand from my own experience it just doesn't happen.

So the question: are legit deceased people speaking legitly from the grave to legit people, legit mediums, etc. or in the end is it all just pure hokum and BS?
Rate this post positively
In my opinion (if there is life after death at all) I imagine we simply are not supposed to know exactly what "the other side" is all about... I suppose because it would distract us from what we are meant to be doing/experiencing while we are alive.

That said, there are many, many accounts of it happening but the most convincing ones follow these general guidelines:

It happens fairly soon after the person's death (or in many cases, even before the living person knows their friend/loved one is dead).

It happens specifically when someone alive is having (or would otherwise have) a very difficult time dealing with the loss.

The message is inevitably along the lines of: "I'm OK... you don't have to worry about me" and/or immediately important unfinished business relating to the well-being of loved one such as the location of a missing will or similar important info.

It happens "on it's own" and/or on the deceased person's terms rather than being "induced" by some ceremony or seance.

It could all be psychological in nature, related to the grieving process or it may actually be the dead being allowed to briefly return to comfort those they cared about in life and need help, but I'd be VERY suspicious of anyone who claims to be able to have meaningful conversations with dead people... especially if they want to be paid for the "service".

Old 09-15-2013, 09:36 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Miss Hepburn -- EVP is Electronic Voice Phenomena. Basically, you sit and ask questions with a digital recorder near you, and sometimes you get answers that you can't hear, but the recorder picks them up.

You see it all the time on TV, but to it's veracity? I don't know. I often can't hear anything, until the people doing this tell us what it is. In some cases -- very few -- it's clear as a bell.
Agreed. I can't make out anything when I hear EVPs, and usually when they say what it is supposed to be saying, it still doesn't sound like that to me. Not sure I believe it at all.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonpostal View Post
thrillobyte when I 1st came on this forum I answered a question you posted about NDE's. I explained my dad's. Do you believe NDE's occur? If so, what is your take on them?
Yes, I recall, though could you please note the post so I can refresh my memory.

I do want to get to everyone's posts because they are all so fascinating and loaded with good info. I'll have to take them one or two at a time because my responses will be so lengthy so please bear with me.

gonpostal could you let me have that thread and post no.?

Old 09-16-2013, 10:08 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonpostal View Post
thrillobyte when I 1st came on this forum I answered a question you posted about NDE's. I explained my dad's. Do you believe NDE's occur? If so, what is your take on them?
I believe most of them, not all of them since it's obvious that people like Angela Zambrano, Bill Weiss and Mary Baxter are as phony as a 12-dollar bill. Visitations to hell where the people suffered tortuous burning and demons poking them with pitchforks are designed, of course, to proselytize and to draw attention and lastly to make $$$'s. But none of these ever occurred under supervised medical procedures and so I discount them as anything other than made-up fairytales.

There is cardiologist deceased named Maurice Rawlings who claimed his patients had hell experiences with the burning and everything, but he was a closet Fundamentalist whose mission was to save people from hell so I believe he was not above "doctoring" his descriptions in a religious zeal to covert people, maybe believing that the end justified the means.

The vast majority of NDE's in OR, emergency room, 911 ambulances where the patient coded and flatlinned can be taken as more truthful and nearly all of them describe a world of unimaginable beauty and peace.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
When trying to make contact, never think of it as amusement.
You will get no response at all, ever.
I have tried to make contact with others present, and it does not work.
I have found that spiritual contact is deeply personal,and not only should not, but could not be shared.
This is the reason I doubt any, and all mediums that perform before an audience,,be it one person, or many.
It is not a circus act, or entertaining television show, but a time in one's life when we are made aware that there is an existence beyond what we as humans are accustomed too.
I wanted to add to my earlier post, so I put in quotes what I said in that post.
I have very good reason to believe as I do, when it comes to spiritual contact being on a personal level, as opposed to being shared with others.
When I embarked on experimenting with evp, I had made a few tapes, and often played them to see if I had missed anything along the way.
Before going any further, I should explain a bit about evp when I first got involved in it.
The system of taping was a bit involved, and to this day I don't quite understand the principal behind it.
The way it worked (through instructions given to me by Sarah Estep, a woman considered a pioneer in the field) was, one would set up the recording device, along with some other electrical component.
That component could be a radio, tv, stereo unit etc.
I chose a radio.
The radio was powered up,and set to a blank station,with the volume turned as low as it could be.
The radio was in no way connected to the tape recorder, other than being in the same room as the recorder.
A session would involve asking a question, waiting roughly 20 seconds before asking another question, then rewinding the tape and listening fort a response through a headset.
If an answer was available, it could only be heard once the tape was played back, never just after the question was asked.
At this point you would ask, why the additional electrical component is necessary?
From my "teacher" (Ms.Estep) she explained that the electrical component, in this case, my radio, would be the conduit for the spirit energy to be absorbed.
How that energy was transferred to the tape recorder without being connected to the taping device, is to this day something I don't understand.
All answers from spirit contact had to be heard through a headset.
The reason being, the voices are faint, and not easily understood until played back a few times.
To explain a little more fully, imagine you are in a building with a long hallway.
You are speaking with a person at the other end of the hallway.
Their voice has an echo to it as you try to make out what that person is saying.
This is the closest example I can give as to what to expect when in a taping session.
This is the reason for the headset, so that the voice is clearer upon play back.
In all my taping sessions, there was only one instance when I actually heard the voice of my partner, without the aid of the headset, and it absolutely startled me, because I had not expected it.
I had called Ms Estep to ask her about a recent experience I had while taping, and in that conversation she explained that spirits use energy when making contact, and taping session should be limited to a maximum of 15 minutes.
Soon after, while involved in contact with my partner, I asked if the taping session was causing him distress, and at that point his voice was heard loud and as clear as though he were sitting next to me.
The voice was being transmitted through the radio on the table next to my desk.
His exact words were, Bob-by, I-would- like-to -rest".
That sentence was also recorded.
Later on, I played that tape for some friends to see their reaction.
That is when I learned that spirit contact is a very personal thing, not to be shared .
They all listened to the tape in amazement, and after they left, I placed the tape in my safe, along with the other tapes I had collected over time.
I think there were a total of 5 or 6 tapes.
A week or so later, I wanted to play the tape for someone who had not heard it, and upon opening the safe, the tape was missing.
Now, I live alone, and I am the only one with the combination to the safe.
Of the collection of tapes, this was the only one where his voice was audible without the aid of a head set, and was the only tape I ever put before an audience.
Now, that one tape was missing.
To this day, it is still missing.
In subsequent session, I asked my partner about that tape, and have never received an answer.
For sure, spirits are capable of reactions that we as humans could never understand, and because of this episode, I am a firm believer that spiritual contact, and communication are of a personal nature.
I can come on this forum and talk about my experiences regarding contact, and obviously that is acceptable (especially to my partner), but in the context that I first presented my experience way back then, it was obvious it was an unacceptable form of expression.
In short, I was making a grandstand play at his expense, and that particular tape coming up missing was the result..
So, my advise, try and keep it personal.
Bob.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond3 View Post
^That, and understand that there's laws of physics there just as well as here, it's just different. Over here you have to manipulate matter, over there it's just manipulating energy. Much easier task. Also understand it takes a great deal of energy for the deceased to have any effect here in this plane, so most rather not drain themselves. Besides, while they still care for their loved ones still here and send loving vibes and concern,, they are also concentrating on their self-development. You've got to manage your energy reserves. That movie Ghost with Swayze I'd say was correct in this area of discussion. Got to manage that supply or wear yourself out. And there's many planes. Where you wind up at has to do with how vibrational your energy is. Birds of a feather flock together. The more you choose to develop here, the higher your vibrations will be, the higher you ascend, and vice-versa. People don't just disregard their personalities they developed here and everyone becomes magically happy. And do be careful, because you manipulate energy with thought. If you believe you're going to see some demons kicking your arse, then your reality won't disappoint. Thought is everything there, it's also how you communicate.

But while many people can spend eons of time in a level of development, if they choose to, you can still grow to higher existences, it's just more work on that side than here. This, in your here and now, is school. If you choose to do the homework, great. If not, just like school, you get to hang out in detention until you choose to do the work and pass your classes to advancement. The Hell plane is basically you alone with your thoughts to work through them and understand how and why you wound up there. But you can too ascend from that plane as well.....after the work has finished. And you do have guides there with you always. You're never truly alone. And ZGod isn't punishing you by keeping distant if you haven't developed. It's just that your energies would clash. God would overpower yours and you'd truly self-destruct. It's not a judgemental thing; he cares for all.

Nikola Tesla left an interesting quote once: "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."

The ball's in Science's court....
This is what I believe also, even as a Christian. I guess I subscribe to the Christian Universalist theory that says that everyone will get to heaven eventually and we've got to pass thru several lives to do so so. As for those lives, I have no idea whether they'd all be here or some here and most somewhere else or what, but there are many lessons to be learned. I feel very strongly that for me this life has been a turning point--I've been here before so not a new soul but not an old one either. Turned from the dark side to the light I think. I also believe with you that God never punishes you, any more than a sane kindergarten teacher would punish a 5 yo for not knowing calculus. The lesson we learn here on earth I think has something to do with decisions--if you think about it, life is a never-ending series of choices. People talk about change being more sure than death and taxes, but I'd say making decisions is even surer than that. If you don't make many decisions, then you've made a choice not to.

Also, it feels right what you're saying about energy--life simply sucks a lot of that out of people. We arrive with an ample supply but it wanes as we live--the real cause of aging. Which reminds me--remember the movie Cocoon? That was about a decision--a tough one.

Boy I was all over the place with that one--time for bed. Can't sleep though.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:34 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I have no recollection of how long I was in a half awake/half asleep state but I remember seeing my best friends silhouette in the doorway between the kitchen and the bedroom.
This is exactly what I saw just a couple of days after my mother's death. I'm still unsure as to why she visited me since we were never close, but I was there for her always and to the end so maybe she was acknowledging that. There was a very powerful bright light shining behind her and coming out the door and I think I must have gotten curious and was trying to peer in b/c suddenly she stepped thru and the door slammed shut and woke me up. I remember that the image was quite sharp too, though I only saw her outline, if that makes any sense--like the silhouette you mentioned. I think someone else mentioned it earlier too--this really was more than a dream I think.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:26 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
This is exactly what I saw just a couple of days after my mother's death. I'm still unsure as to why she visited me since we were never close, but I was there for her always and to the end so maybe she was acknowledging that. There was a very powerful bright light shining behind her and coming out the door and I think I must have gotten curious and was trying to peer in b/c suddenly she stepped thru and the door slammed shut and woke me up. I remember that the image was quite sharp too, though I only saw her outline, if that makes any sense--like the silhouette you mentioned. I think someone else mentioned it earlier too--this really was more than a dream I think.

Much much more than a dream my friend.

I have read many times concerning this phenomena that the reason why the person receiving the visitation is in a transitioning state of consciousness when it occurs is due to the fact that your mind has quieted down and is at a minimum for interference from your conscious thoughts yet your still able to recall the visit due to not yet being asleep.

I'm very happy for you that you got to see your mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal