Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 05:54 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times

Advertisements

I've always wondered how mediums contact spirits who have passed over (and even identify ancestors you didn't know, but know of, etc.) and then assert that reincarnation is a very real occurrence. I don't feel very strongly either way, but it seems to be a contradiction. Or maybe those who have reincarnated don't come through in a reading because they're back in another life somewhere.

I found this link, which seems a bit of a stretch, at least in my opinion, but who knows?
Reincarnation Past Life Research & Cases-Alphabetical, compiled by Walter Semkiw, MD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 11:42 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Maybe -- but with reincarnation, I've always heard that we are here to do work on ourselves. It makes sense then, that when we leave here, we have to process those lessons, and that takes time. Just like evil people -- I've always heard evil people are there for a long time to process and get it.

And while time is linear for us, it isn't linear in other places -- so when the medium contacts great grandmum, to great grandmum her death might have just happened for her.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:37 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Yes, I sure hope I get to stay in heaven for awhile before coming back here, or wherever we may reincarnate to. We'd get too tired otherwise. I want my summer break!

Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
I see no contradiction.

My relatives may reincarnate in 80 years when all their
loved ones on earth are on the Other Side themselves.

There is no time or sense of time on the Other Side, as has been described
innumerable times in NDEs.
Ah, here, from Natalie Sudman's book,"Application of Impossible Things"
After being blown up in Irag...

"I retreated to a deep place...where I could recuperate...this state lasted an equivalent
of centuries within less than a moment."

She had vast experiences with a group she called a Gathering...vast...yet
when she came back into her body...the vehicle was still rolling!!
She has the highest IQ of any NDE person I have read.
I highly recommend her book.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 09-28-2013 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal