Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 AM

560 posts, read 1,130,051 times

Advertisements

Apparently there have already been strange and unnerving activity at the former WTC site.
Possible spirit voices of those that died on 9/11 - National Haunted & Paranormal | Examiner.com
This is one of very few links I found that seemed to hold some relevance to this. But you would think such a violent and traumatic event would have very strong emotional bindings to the site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 10:41 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
At Shanksville, too -- there's all sorts of activity there.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:56 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,950,818 times
What an interesting article. Thanks for the link, sbyman.

Tallysmom--what's been documented at Shanksville? I guess we hear very little about the paranormal at these locations because in the minds of many it is "too soon".

Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
What an interesting article. Thanks for the link, sbyman.

Tallysmom--what's been documented at Shanksville? I guess we hear very little about the paranormal at these locations because in the minds of many it is "too soon".
I just Googled Shanksville ghosts -- and the security guards see people who aren't there, and leave no foot prints in the snow or mud, people talking to them... lots of stuff out there.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:24 AM

8,551 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Now, I am not saying that video is not authentic, but, in the many years I have been involved with evp, I have yet to hear(and I have heard many) voices that talk as that apparently did.
What do I mean by that?
In each and every experience I have had recording spirit voices, I have never heard a spirit talk in anything but syllables.
Each word is spoken by breaking it down into syllables.
Let's use the sentence in the video as an example.
The supposedly spirit voice stated, "Please somebody pull me".
In any recording I have done, that sentence would have sounded like this, "Please- some-bo-dy-pull-me".
There would be a brief(1or2 second pause between words or syllables.

I am blessed with the ability to contact, and speak with my partner who passed over twenty years ago, and this is usually every evening just before retiring for the night.
Some times the voice is like a whisper, and other time quite clear, but always in syllables.
An example:
About a month ago, as I sit up in bed, I heard his voice in my right ear.
It was clear, and I had no trouble hearing it.
He relayed a message to me, and this is what was said, and the method in which it was said.
Bob-by, you- will- be-sur-prized.
Hap-py-for-you.
Three days later I came into some unexpected wealth I had not expected.
The point I am making here is, I have never heard any spirit talk in anything but separated words and syllables.
Perhaps they do, but in all the years I have been involved in this, I have yet to hear any spirit speak otherwise.
Bob.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:00 PM

I think because the buildings are not the original site then they most likely will not be haunted but memorial spot may develop a chilling atmosphere

Old 08-20-2013, 01:14 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Not to be a stick in the mud but people have been living and dying on the 9-11 site for thousands of years and it's been city for what, 400 years? In all that time, I'm sure many, many people have died around and on the ground zero site during all that time.

Still it wouldn't surprise me; if ever there was a place of extreme emotion and death, that would be it.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:29 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
I hate to think of the families of these dead people worrying that their not at rest.. I know I would ..

Old 08-20-2013, 02:30 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I hate to think of the families of these dead people worrying that their not at rest.. I know I would ..
(And a response to Chango & CalGuy as well)

If this is indeed a valid occurance, I would put it into the category of 'residual' or 'imprint'.
This would be a 'recorded loop' of the voices at the time of the event.
This does not occur with all deaths, only very emotional and violet/catistrophic happenings.
This would explain why there are no break-up of the syllables that happens with communication with an actual spirit.
These screams and voices are like that on a vinyl record, it's just a 'recording' not a 'live' performance.
I would figure that some spirits of those killed are not at rest, but I don't think it is they who are creating these sounds.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
(And a response to Chango & CalGuy as well)

If this is indeed a valid occurance, I would put it into the category of 'residual' or 'imprint'.
This would be a 'recorded loop' of the voices at the time of the event.
This does not occur with all deaths, only very emotional and violet/catistrophic happenings.
This would explain why there are no break-up of the syllables that happens with communication with an actual spirit.
These screams and voices are like that on a vinyl record, it's just a 'recording' not a 'live' performance.
I would figure that some spirits of those killed are not at rest, but I don't think it is they who are creating these sounds.
I had to give u a positive rating for that because that would make more sense. A loop is exactly what it would be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal