U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 09:14 PM

10,017 posts, read 17,198,761 times

Advertisements

Last night I had a strange dream, I wonder what other people's take is on it?

My Grandfather passed away 28 years ago, but I still have fond memories of him. Well, last night I dreamed I was in his house, looking around for hidden money. I was looking under picture frames, sofa cushions, etc. Grandpa was there in the dream. I asked him, Grandpa, are you dead? He replied yes, I'm dead. I then asked what's it like to be dead? he replied well, I can't tell you. Its something everyone has to find out for themselves. Then he said to keep looking, I would find the money.

Then I woke up...and forgot about the dream until later on today. On a hunch, I checked his name under unclaimed property.....and found $8000! It was a forgotten bank account, and also an escrow account for property taxes he pre-paid! You can imagine how elated I felt....and somewhat creeped out as well. Typically I don't believe in dreams, I don't believe its the spirit world communicating with us, but this is too much of a coincidence!

Well, I don't have the money yet, of course! It will be a long process of proving my sole entitlement to it, which will require various birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, etc, etc.....but I should have it by Christmas. Wow....thanks, Grandpa!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 10:05 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,732,661 times
That's pretty cool!
There could be several ways to view this dream and its source.
Some might say it was your grandfathers spirit talking to you.
It could be that you are just 'tapped in' to the anima mundi and thus have knowing of things.
Or, it could be just simple subconscious. If you have been needing money and have been trying to figure out how to increase your income, the mind may have put 2&2 together. You had already been aware of being able to access unclaimed assets. Your waking mind just never considered it.
And maybe, it is a little of all the above.

The Universe works in mysterious ways.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM

159 posts, read 392,752 times
Holy cow! That's pretty crazy. I'm glad this happened for you!

I have mixed feelings about dreams but I definitely believe that in that state of consciousness we are able to tap into things we normally have a hard time doing.

Whether it was your Grandpa showing you, or you reaching into some knowledge that was hanging out somewhere, you...struck gold *rimshot*

Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,911,111 times
Grandpa was just trying to give you a Christmas present. Thank him tremendously today. I often see dead people in my dreams but they usually want me to relay a message to their loved ones to let them know they are ok which is what I typically do if the person is receptive to what I have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal