U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:15 AM

19,343 posts, read 14,788,851 times

Advertisements

Ok, I'm involved a little with the SRF group, Self Realization Fellowship...
..Paramahansa Yogananda's Fellowship.
I finally got the Lessons in the mail for Kriya Yoga.

I trust him, I went ahead and put a 100% wool blanket under my sheets to sleep on.
(He suggested to mediate with wool underneath you)
I forgot it was there until I noticed 3 days later that my sleep was better...
Better? I'll say....more peaceful or something also.
Couple weeks now.

He is vague but says wool, and silk above it, block earth energy making it easier
to reach the Spirit Realms....ok.

Next on the list petalite...a mineral, pinkish usually...helps you "get to" the spiritual
realms, too....ooooookay.
I'm game.
That one didn't come from him.
He's otherwise pretty basic and simple in his methods, meditation being his main teaching.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 09:48 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
What was said to do with the Petalite? Anything?
Petalite is a lithium-aluminum based mineral. I have a few pieces and was told that if I work with it (carve it) to wear gloves and a mask- well duh, well, the mask part. But after having thought about it, the gloves make sense as well, for the mineral's elements can be absorbed through the skin. Would not be good to be at the grinding wheel and just suddenly fall over.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:47 AM

2,008 posts, read 6,317,953 times
Way back when, I put 12 Quartz Crystals evenly under my bed and it did increase the sleep and meditation sessions.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:51 AM

13,590 posts, read 22,220,779 times
Wool is a great insulator that wicks away moisture and has a tendency to stay lofty. Mattress pads made from wool are very expensive and well worth it. Not sure I buy into self realization stuff here..... but you can see it's working for the sleep...

Old 09-26-2013, 03:32 PM

When ever there is talk about textiles and things of the spiritual nature, I think of the movie (I believe is called) 'Second Sight'. The main character runs around in cotton PJ's because he can't 'breath' in anything else. These synthetic fabrics 'blocked' his connection.
When I saw this I chuckled because I could so relate. I can't wear synthetics. I sweat on a cold day in the most sheer and gauzy of polyesters.

It's been stated in many books about tarot to keep decks rolled up in black silk.
The Native Americans use wool to wrap their 'medicine' stones in.

With all that, there just may be something to wool. However, I wonder about blocking the earth's energies. We want to be connected and 'grounded' to a certain degree.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:34 AM

4,518 posts, read 4,009,494 times
Surely you want to be integrated with the earth, and with other energies, not cut off from them? I do not see how it would be increasing your spirituality by being a separate blob of energy in a sea of energy. Most belief systems teach Love, integration and merging with the Universe as being the ultimate experience.

Old 05-25-2015, 11:18 AM

2,321 posts, read 2,276,021 times
That's interesting, at least for me, because it strikes me two ways: The sheep is my totem animal, but I can't bear being far from terra firma.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Surely you want to be integrated with the earth, and with other energies, not cut off from them? I do not see how it would be increasing your spirituality by being a separate blob of energy in a sea of energy. Most belief systems teach Love, integration and merging with the Universe as being the ultimate experience.
There is a different spiritual experience when one 'cute' themselves off from external energies and other stimuli.

John C. Lilly invented the isolation tank. It has been used for deep self exploration.

It makes sense to me that if you really want to experience the pure self, it needs to be done with ONLY the self.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:22 PM

19,343 posts, read 14,788,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I know...I had never heard of this 'blocking'....but in further reading I guess we get
so dense with Earth's problems or something it was a way to free yourself more...
I later understood the point better.

Gee, that original post was long ago for me, haha.
I got involved more with the SRF folks in July '13, I remember...
I stop going to their 4-6 hr meditations in the Winter...they just keep the room too cold for 'me'.
I may start back up this week or next...there is something different or more powerful in group meditations...gee, I must admit!

Old 05-26-2015, 02:42 AM

4,518 posts, read 4,009,494 times
Quote:
I know...I had never heard of this 'blocking'....but in further reading I guess we get
so dense with Earth's problems or something it was a way to free yourself more...
I later understood the point better.
so... is it possible to condense into a sentence or two perhaps?

OwlKaMyst -
Quote:
There is a different spiritual experience when one 'cute' themselves off from external energies and other stimuli.
I have no doubt that it would be a different spiritual experience but let me ask you this - Are we not all trying to merge with the infinite?

I have no argument with isolation tanks but just how is anyone going to cut themselves off from all external energies, I would think that is nearly impossible and to what end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal