Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe ancient alien theory
Yes 70 38.46%
No 87 47.80%
Other 25 13.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 03:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I watched some videos last night about the Moon. There is evidence of activity, perhaps mining, cities that run north and south with streets, bottomless craters, dome habitats, maybe it's hollow, mapping of lines that change over time or disappear altogether. Curious that it aligns perfectly over the sun during the eclipse. Astronauts suggesting witnessing UFO's, without actually telling us what they witnessed. There are even supposed to be pyramids on our moon, on Saturn, on Mercury. The atmospheres may not be what we have been led to believe.
I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me if all that is true. I'm not invested either way, but I am seeking knowledge. I think it's well understood that governments keep secrets, many secrets that we are not privy to. So to find the truth, I generally look to sources that are not gov't approved, and remain open.
seeking knowledge is always good, just be a bit careful about what you read as there are many conspiracy types out there that will give what seems to be good information based on very old photos taken with what would now be ancient equipment. and then take into account the shadows in the pictures have an affect on what is seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 03:33 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
One has to remember that some of the things current science cannot explain like the pyramids were built in a time where there was no OSHA, EPA, NIMBYs, labor unions, environmentalists or trial lawyers. But seriously, currently there are approximately 7 billion people on the Earth. Supposing that only 5% have digital cameras. most of which are simple "point & shoot" type, that's 700,000,000 cameras available to capture a clear photo of a real alien spaceship that doesn't look like a garbage can lid tossed in the air or Photoshopped by a Hollywood producer wannabe and uploaded to YouTube.

In short, no I don't believe in ancient or current extraterrestrial aliens on Earth. There may be other lifeforms in the Universe but I find it difficult to believe any of them have ever made it to Earth. The closet thing humans have come to placing human life forms on another planetary body is the moon and the nation who lead that venture is now economically broke.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:34 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,920,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Just because we can't visit them, doesn't mean they can't visit us. They have and continue to do so.

They provided their creation, humans, with free will. They will not interfere unless we are on the verge of destroying ourselves and this planet. The snakes of mythology are symbols for DNA, the helicoil. There are many Advanced Beings out there, humans are just one of the many races. We scare them, because we are a very aggressive species. Some aliens are malevolent, some benevolent. It is so ignorant to believe humans are in this universe alone, and created by accident. That is ludicrous imo.

They did interfere with our attempt to set off a nuke on the moon, but that's not the way our media will tell that story. Most of you probably don't even know we were going to do that.
I didn't say we were alone in the universe, did I? I said distances are too great. Even at light speed it would take a grat deal of time to travel just through our galaxy. Hundreds of years, at light speed. You watch too much Star Trek, warp engines are a made up thing for TV, come on man! If there are aliens out there and they were sufficiently advanced beyond us, they'd have zero reason to visit a planet of savages and morons.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
One has to remember that some of the things current science cannot explain like the pyramids were built in a time where there was no OSHA, EPA, NIMBYs, labor unions, environmentalists or trial lawyers. But seriously, currently there are approximately 7 billion people on the Earth. Supposing that only 5% have digital cameras. most of which are simple "point & shoot" type, that's 700,000,000 cameras available to capture a clear photo of a real alien spaceship that doesn't look like a garbage can lid tossed in the air or Photoshopped by a Hollywood producer wannabe and uploaded to YouTube.

In short, no I don't believe in ancient or current extraterrestrial aliens on Earth. There may be other lifeforms in the Universe but I find it difficult to believe any of them have ever made it to Earth. The closet thing humans have come to placing human life forms on another planetary body is the moon and the nation who lead that venture is now economically broke.
this is one belief, and i respect it as i have not truly made up my mind about the issue, though i am leaning towards that we MAY have been visited in the past. too much compelling evidence on both sides though for me to choose one side or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
I didn't say we were alone in the universe, did I? I said distances are too great. Even at light speed it would take a grat deal of time to travel just through our galaxy. Hundreds of years, at light speed. You watch too much Star Trek, warp engines are a made up thing for TV, come on man! If there are aliens out there and they were sufficiently advanced beyond us, they'd have zero reason to visit a planet of savages and morons.
you hit the problem on the head. the distances are quite great. but there are ways to deal with the distances, for instance one could create a generational ship where it might travel at 40,000 mph, but it would take 100 years to get to the nearest star, so you have a ship large enough to have children that grow up in space, learn to fly the ship, and have their children grow up in space and teach their children to fly the ship, etc.

and while warp drive was created for TV, there is enough convincing evidence that we could build a warp driven starship in the future,as we gain knowledge and push the technology. it has been said many times that if man can dream something he can create that thing he dreamed of. look how far we have come in just the last one hundred years. from rudimentary flight capabilities to putting a man on the moon, to sending two spacecraft out side our solar system, and that took only 40 years with comparatively rudimentary technology.

as for zero reason for aliens to visit our planet, not true, our planet is rich in natural resources, and they may have visited here to mine some of those resources.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this is one belief, and i respect it as i have not truly made up my mind about the issue, though i am leaning towards that we MAY have been visited in the past. too much compelling evidence on both sides though for me to choose one side or the other.

you hit the problem on the head. the distances are quite great. but there are ways to deal with the distances, for instance one could create a generational ship where it might travel at 40,000 mph, but it would take 100 years to get to the nearest star, so you have a ship large enough to have children that grow up in space, learn to fly the ship, and have their children grow up in space and teach their children to fly the ship, etc.

and while warp drive was created for TV, there is enough convincing evidence that we could build a warp driven starship in the future,as we gain knowledge and push the technology. it has been said many times that if man can dream something he can create that thing he dreamed of. look how far we have come in just the last one hundred years. from rudimentary flight capabilities to putting a man on the moon, to sending two spacecraft out side our solar system, and that took only 40 years with comparatively rudimentary technology.

as for zero reason for aliens to visit our planet, not true, our planet is rich in natural resources, and they may have visited here to mine some of those resources.
A generational ship? Ye gods man, we cant even build an aircraft carrier on budget! Besides they would fall victim to micro meteorites, radiation and insanity long before reaching the destination.

The differences between flying through the air and folding space-time are apparently lost on you. I'm also suspect of your reason for visitation, obviously a sufficiently advanced space-faring species could mine asteroids or for that matter uninhabited planets, which are probably plentiful in the galaxy.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
A generational ship? Ye gods man, we cant even build an aircraft carrier on budget! Besides they would fall victim to micro meteorites, radiation and insanity long before reaching the destination.

The differences between flying through the air and folding space-time are apparently lost on you. I'm also suspect of your reason for visitation, obviously a sufficiently advanced space-faring species could mine asteroids or for that matter uninhabited planets, which are probably plentiful in the galaxy.
making assumptions are we? you have no clue about me and what i know. first off we were only talking about how to get to another star system, and the lack of speed to cover that distance easily, not all the issues that we would face trying to get there. micro meteorites and radiation, and the possibility of someone going insane are only three such issues. you are leaving out tons of stuff like, where do we get the fuel? how about food? we will need at least six months supply before growing our own would kick in at crew support levels. and how about when the ship breaks down. its not like we could pull over to the nearest garage for service. and what happens when the medical supplies run out? and what happens if a crew member dies unexpectedly? and yes i have thought some about these issues and many others that might be faced by a generational ship. many of them can be overcome, some cant.

and there is a difference between flying through space and fold space. do you understand how warp drive is supposed to work in star trek? apparently not since you suggested folding space. warp drive works like a person surfing a wave, you create a warp bubble, that compresses space in front of your ship, and expands it behind your ship. there is NO folding of space. you are thinking of the movie dun where they DID fold space to move around the galaxie. and by the way, planets are easier to mine that asteroids due to the easier time dealing with the much more stable rotation and orbit of the planet over the much smaller and far less stable asteroid.

so next time you try to impune my intelligence, dont. you have no clue about me.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
No, I do not...

Old 09-30-2013, 02:39 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
yes opening doors to information regardless of where it comes from is always good, as it provides education. it can be confusing at times because of all the contradictory information available though.

as to the fermi paradox, here is some light reading for you;

Fermi paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Fermi Paradox

11 of the Weirdest Solutions to the Fermi Paradox

Fermi's Paradox - UFO Evidence

actually there is some evidence to back the THEORY that we have been visited in the past, but it is somewhat abstract evidence.

some of the evidence is obscure int hat stones were carved with very straight lines, and tight fits, despite the fact that the ancient humans didnt have the proper tools to create such carvings. or there are jewelry that was created by the ancients that depict what could be flying machines, even though in theory they should not even know about flying machines. there is other evidence in the ancient past, including pictograms that suggest that the "gods" of the time were really ancient astronauts in space suits. as i said the evidence is rather abstract.
Yes I am aware of that which you describe as evidence. However, my question was designed to take something abstract and make it more specific.

My point was directed at the thought process. How can you recognize something if you don't have an idea of what it might look like in the first place?

Last edited by CDusr; 09-30-2013 at 02:55 AM..

Old 09-30-2013, 02:53 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:

This statement is flawed. The govt most certainly can and the corps they own. They always use the budget ploy as a means to rope the smucks into more funds. This is their very predictable MO. This is evidenced very clearly in their bookkeeping. NM the reports of missing trillions. You think those 500 dollar toilet seats are accidental? LOL.
Also those 5000-6000 classified patents are in the dark and would make for interesting reading.

This is highly speculative as there are too many assumptions and variables. However, I mentioned before that DNA is very valuable technology. This should not be eliminated from the "resource" paradigm.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 AM

Quote:
making assumptions are we? you have no clue about me and what i know. first off we were only talking about how to get to another star system, and the lack of speed to cover that distance easily, not all the issues that we would face trying to get there. micro meteorites and radiation, and the possibility of someone going insane are only three such issues. you are leaving out tons of stuff like, where do we get the fuel? how about food? we will need at least six months supply before growing our own would kick in at crew support levels. and how about when the ship breaks down. its not like we could pull over to the nearest garage for service. and what happens when the medical supplies run out? and what happens if a crew member dies unexpectedly? and yes i have thought some about these issues and many others that might be faced by a generational ship. many of them can be overcome, some cant.

and there is a difference between flying through space and fold space. do you understand how warp drive is supposed to work in star trek? apparently not since you suggested folding space. warp drive works like a person surfing a wave, you create a warp bubble, that compresses space in front of your ship, and expands it behind your ship. there is NO folding of space. you are thinking of the movie dun where they DID fold space to move around the galaxie. and by the way, planets are easier to mine that asteroids due to the easier time dealing with the much more stable rotation and orbit of the planet over the much smaller and far less stable asteroid.

so next time you try to impune my intelligence, dont. you have no clue about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal