Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe ancient alien theory
Yes 70 38.46%
No 87 47.80%
Other 25 13.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
I sometimes wonder if "they" might have been here far longer than we think. The planet, by current estimations, is 4.5 Billion years old. Evidence of "civilized" man dates back less than a few thousand years. Considering the problems we have of finding artifacts a few thousand years old, who's to say what went on here a couple of million years ago? Really - we're talking about lengths of time that humans have little concept of beyond numbers on paper. What's a couple of million years thrown in with 4 Billion?

A 50,000 year old civilization could have existed here within those years and it would have been but a blink of an eye in geologic time.

The past on this planet is only bound by the length of human imagination.
Actually, I watched Aliens last evening, onDemand on H2...there apparently was a civilization here that far back...
Unfortunately most humans are limited by their own fears, fears of questioning and looking for more, fears of crushing their own culture/knowledge...fears of the unknown, which so limits our ability to understand, there is so much more out there...

Great post Catdancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 12:59 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times
The truth is out there ...

Old 12-12-2013, 02:29 PM

808 posts, read 662,640 times
No.

But I used to. as a teenager

Old 07-18-2017, 12:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Get a DNA test. Some people have a small percentage of unknown DNA. Theory is their ancestors were from other star systems. 23andme is a good company.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:36 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
I was a huge fan of the TV show when I was a teenager, I entertain the idea but I'm not fully onboard, but I don't dismiss it in it's entirety. I think the biggest flaw that this theory has is it dismiss the fact that ancient humans might have been a lot more intelligent, creative, and advanced than we give them credit for. Ancient astronaut theorist look at a huge stone structure such as the pyramids or Stonehenge and just come to the conclusion that Aliens played a hand. I think something we have to consider is that there could've been a very advanced civilization during the ice age, or some other time period in the past, perhaps they were not as advanced as our civilization, but they could've been more advanced in certain aspects, such as using large slabs of stone as a building material. Now just because this "Stone building" civilization was wiped away at the end of the ice age, doesn't mean that their knowledge went with it, that knowledge could've been passed down, but eventually forgotten, which is why the further back in time you go the larger these stone structures get, and the larger the individual stones are too. Modern Humans have been around for 200,000 years and we are to believe that civilization only began around 5-6 thousand years ago? The last Ice age was between 110,000 years ago and 11,700 years ago. Prior to that there was an interglacial period similar to the one we live in today, it existed between 130,000 years ago and 115,000 years ago, who is to say that during that time, humans didn't develop a civilization separate from our own, and that a group of people preserved this knowledge over the years and the less knowledgeable people referred to them as gods, wizards, witches, etc. and then eventually were hunted down and killed since they were seen as a threat. Now this could be just as much hocus pocus, but this is just as plausible as ancient aliens.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Some people have a small percentage of unknown DNA. Theory is their ancestors were from other star systems.
Holy leaping logic, Batman.

How does "unknown" immediately leap to "extraterrestrial?" Unknown simply means unknown. If there is life beyond Earth --- a statement for which we have 0 evidence at this point --- we have no reason to believe that it even has genes or DNA.

Lack of proof does not suggest proof. Quite the opposite.

"If I had an invisible monkey on my head, you would not be able to see it. Do you see an invisible monkey on my head? No? Well, that just proves there is an invisible monkey on my head."

Old 07-18-2017, 10:22 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S
If there is life beyond Earth --- a statement for which we have 0 evidence at this point --- we have no reason to believe that it even has genes or DNA.
Ahh... a dead alien hunter. No body, no proof. You obviously need a body and the military have all of those. Oh dear what a shame.

I am now on a hunt to find out EXACTLY what kind of evidence would be required for the 'no evidence' people to be satisfied. I dont think these kind of people would be satisfied with ANY evidence until science has accepted the existence of aliens and then it will be acceptable for this type of person to accept it too.

However, I might be wrong. I suspect there will be a huge amount of bluster and wordy replies which say nothing about the exact nature of the required evidence. Of course, requirements can be impossible to fulfill at this time couldn't they, and so that means no evidence is possible. Hence...they win. Hooray. No body, no proof.

Old 07-19-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I can't believe the US was actually considering sending a nuclear warhead to the moon and have it detonate on impact?? WTH were they thinking? Not once but twice! That is one story I hope is not true but I wouldn't hold my breath it isn't.

Who is this Icke guy? How come I've never heard this "hollow moon" theory before? Is it something new or just hush-hush?
even worse are all the nuclear warhead tests back in the what? late 40's early 50's. All that radiation & nuclear waste???? that btw, is still all around us?

Old 07-19-2017, 05:20 AM

I think it's more so about people going between dimensions...

we know there are many other dimensions around us, I believe there is a way to travel from one dimension to another....

Old 07-19-2017, 05:52 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
we know there are many other dimensions around us,
How's that? First time I've heard that we "know" this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal