U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe ancient alien theory
Yes 70 38.46%
No 87 47.80%
Other 25 13.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 01:52 AM

12,770 posts, read 10,484,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
While I think it's entirely possible earth is being "visited" and watched from beyond, I find it absurd to think that a highly evolved, technologically superior alien species would feel the need to come to this little backwater blue rock and build some big stone pyramids, cut some smooth corners and/or move around a few extra big boulders or especially pretend to be "gods" for the resident ape population and put them to work mining for gold.

Humans are creative little buggers... even ancient ones. Give them some credit for what THEY accomplished!
Too many things go unexplained. I understand that ancient civilizations had our solar system mapped out to include Pluto, and yet we only discovered Pluto in the 70's. Intelligent beings were present long ago that have shared knowledge with ancient civilizations - and perhaps created the first humans. We may be hybrids of a more advanced race of beings. Who knows? Anything is possible. We don't know where we came from. I think it's absurd to believe humans came from monkeys.

Ancient Technology - The Top Ten
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 01:58 AM

15,921 posts, read 18,334,809 times
I just love these type shows. BS for the gullible masses.

I've watched almost all of them, TV entertainment, conjecture, fantasy and people's imaginations run amok...

Five Stupid Things About Ancient Aliens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYLI6yPwRY

Old 09-28-2013, 02:40 AM

8,481 posts, read 6,280,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
While I think it's entirely possible earth is being "visited" and watched from beyond, I find it absurd to think that a highly evolved, technologically superior alien species would feel the need to come to this little backwater blue rock and build some big stone pyramids, cut some smooth corners and/or move around a few extra big boulders or especially pretend to be "gods" for the resident ape population and put them to work mining for gold.

Humans are creative little buggers... even ancient ones. Give them some credit for what THEY accomplished!
Some of your terms appear to be limited in depth.

If one did come here for local resources, hiring locals isn't unusual. Many "backwater rocks" have been utilized for resources. As to "pretending" to be gods, that could be more likely attributed to individual perceptions and ego trippers maintaining their place at the top of the hierarchy. Pyramids themselves are interesting tech, if you have studied them.

There is much in terms of technology and resources here. Do not underestimate organic technology and it's uniqueness. For one, I think you are underestimating the value of DNA technology. One can have technological abilities and not be considered highly evolved either.

Unfortunately, people can have views often due to paradigm limitations and access to data.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:47 AM

18,075 posts, read 16,526,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
History Channel unfortunately, like a politician, tells half truths in many of their series.....including Ancient Aliens.

Ancient Aliens Debunked | A refutation of the history channel show Ancient Aliens
Wow, this video pretty well blows the alien theory and it's believers right out of the water. I particularly enjoyed the discussion on the stone work. I often wondered how they achieved such great precision when drilling holes and cutting shapes. Where they lacked in technology, they made up for with skill.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:49 AM

12,653 posts, read 10,301,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I just love these type shows. BS for the gullible masses.

I've watched almost all of them, TV entertainment, conjecture, fantasy and people's imaginations run amok...

Five Stupid Things About Ancient Aliens

Five Stupid Things About Ancient Aliens - YouTube
Great, he picked 5 things shown in the series to dismiss. I too saw stuff in the series I dismissed, but I don't dismiss the entire concept. There are stone blocks placed upon each other that weigh beyond the limits of modern machinery to lift and move. Some make the blocks at stone hinge look like toys. The most common example used is a pacific island tribe who worshipped soldiers of WW2 as gods and built mockups of their planes to worship. This, along with other evidence, makes me believe the idea is plausible.

Old 09-28-2013, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Too many things go unexplained. I understand that ancient civilizations had our solar system mapped out to include Pluto, and yet we only discovered Pluto in the 70's. Intelligent beings were present long ago that have shared knowledge with ancient civilizations - and perhaps created the first humans. We may be hybrids of a more advanced race of beings. Who knows? Anything is possible. We don't know where we came from. I think it's absurd to believe humans came from monkeys.

Ancient Technology - The Top Ten
Actually, once we trace back there are indeed many mysteries. If genetic tech was used to engineer a particular form utilizing primates then this is not a stretch.

However, that statement would be greatly an overly simplified description of such genetic engineering. Leaving out much.

The term "Alien" actually alludes to something foreign or outside, as well. So this leads with that particular view. However, you can bet that the biggest issue in the whole ET, Alien, UFO etc... arena deals with technology. The "origins" issue is certainly not primary in the politics/economics of it.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:14 AM

15,084 posts, read 18,576,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Do you believe ancient alien theory? that is aliens visited earth and humans in the past?
I've never heard of it.

[]

Old 09-28-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I've never heard of it.

[]
Think this is what is being referenced.
Ancient Alien Theory Ancient Aliens - H2 on History.com

Ancient astronauts

Old 09-28-2013, 05:31 AM

31,990 posts, read 33,571,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Great, he picked 5 things shown in the series to dismiss. I too saw stuff in the series I dismissed, but I don't dismiss the entire concept. There are stone blocks placed upon each other that weigh beyond the limits of modern machinery to lift and move. Some make the blocks at stone hinge look like toys. The most common example used is a pacific island tribe who worshipped soldiers of WW2 as gods and built mockups of their planes to worship. This, along with other evidence, makes me believe the idea is plausible.
Just because you haven't figured out how to move heavy objects doesn't mean that others haven't....This guy does it single handed using only his own strength and simple tools.

Building Stonehenge - Wally Wallington Can Move Anything! - YouTube

Old 09-28-2013, 06:03 AM

19,861 posts, read 10,675,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
3 hours???? Why don't you just tell me how he debunks Baalbek, in your own words.

Do you know Michael Heizer educational background?
Heiser received his undergraduate degree from Bob Jones University and also attended Bible college for three years.
The people he is calling deceivers have far more expertise and credibility in this field than he does, including names such as Daniken and Sitchin.
Baalbek | Ancient Aliens Debunked

This segment debunking baalbek is under 18 minutes. This page also has all of its references listed on this page to, something the History Channel refuses to do. Cheers!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal