Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 02:39 AM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I wondered too. Googled...Jersey Devil comes up.

edit
Could be Ong's hat in Pine Barrons.
Ong's Hat is a parking lot for the Batona Trail. The Jersey Devil story is about a bunch of locals who didn't like the new ladies in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 12:44 PM

I'd like to know more about this Southern New Jersey vortex. It doesn't seem damned to me.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:31 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'd like to know more about this Southern New Jersey vortex. It doesn't seem damned to me.

This link talks of energy vortices in the entire state - including the Pine Barrens (S.Jersey)

There is also a Vortex in Wanaque NJ that I have heard about. Paranormal & Ghost Society

Old 10-24-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This link talks of energy vortices in the entire state - including the Pine Barrens (S.Jersey)

There is also a Vortex in Wanaque NJ that I have heard about. Paranormal & Ghost Society
OK, thanks. They have the whole Jersey Devil, Blue Hole, White Stag of Shamong thing going on, but I never thought of the place as having a vortex. There were only a couple of times that I felt sadness when I visited a couple of locations there. One was near the Blue Hole, just down the road. There used to be a wooden bridge across the Great Egg Harbor River. There were some pilings still standing. I don't know of any tragedy that happened there. The other was south of Tuckerton. I'd visited Tuckerton Seaport, and decided to drive down Great Bay Boulevard, aka Seven Bridges Road, and it had an eerie feeling. There is a small conical hill by one of the bridges which I later found out was a very old Indian shell midden. Maybe that? I thought lots of seafood would mean happiness. Maybe they were bummed when they could no longer go there.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:10 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,622,791 times
Confusion Hill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal