U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 01:10 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,346,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ve View Post
Love the show and record it each week.

I recently was reading about it and watched a few videos online and they said that Amy is or was battling some sort of cancer I saw a video interview of Steve and he was very boisterous and used curse words like they were going out of style. I can see that they really tone him down for the Dead Files show.

Interestingly, Ryan, the host of Paranormal state is currently battling pancreatic cancer at such a young age. Love both of these shows and hate to see both of them having serious health issues like this. I still wonder why grant left GHI, although that show lost my interest a few years ago when it became too boring and repetitive.
Sorry, but that was a lie from Ryan. It was actually a drug addiction that he had and he used that excuse as a reason for keeping the money from the appearances he missed or cancelled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2020, 02:12 PM

8,690 posts, read 7,752,623 times
She was previously an actor on another paranormal show called A Haunting in Georgia where she played a researcher who consulted with mediums and developed leads using online sources. She has learned the tricks of the trade of playing a TV medium.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:58 PM

11,249 posts, read 10,768,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy in nokomis View Post
do you think the woman is really seeing dead people or it is all fake?

pure tv fake

Old 01-26-2020, 06:44 PM

1,003 posts, read 230,620 times
What would be interesting is for someone independent to go back to all these people whose homes have been "cleansed" by these paranormal investigators and find out if it really worked.

Old 01-27-2020, 11:01 AM

775 posts, read 872,934 times
Mathelete a very good idea. Would like to see that. have watched a few of the new ones on Travel Channel.Trending Fear ,Ghost Loop and It feels Evil. It Feels Evil came to San Antonio to Victoria's Black Swan Inn on Holbrook, near Fort Sam Houston Army base. It sites on part of the grounds of the Battle of Salado Creek.There is a Texas State historical marker right across the road from the house, made of granite to commenorate the battle. The old tv show Sightings with psychic Peter James visited there, and spoke about a dark enity from the battle, an american. Ghost Adventures was there, and also this show.They traced some sort of entity to an antique doll, and bound the doll and removed it. However, whether this dark ghost was the man Peter James encountered , or something else,don't know. s a local, the owner doesn't seem to be keeping up such a historic house much. Looks like it could use some repairs and a coat of paint. GA went to Yorktown Hospital, which was in a book on haunted hospitals, as was the Yoakum Hospitlal in Yoakum ,texas. Both towns aren't that far apart, and I've been to both years ago. Back then when my dad was alive, never heard one peep about either place being haunted and that was before 1996, when he passed away.In the episode with GA, they actually spoke to a doctor who was retired, and had actually worked in the building.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:30 PM

6,180 posts, read 2,762,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I really enjoy Dead Files. I like the research Steve does. And frankly -- even if she is acting -- she's good at creepy. My husband -- a TOTAL non believer -- thinks she makes the show. It's the only one he will watch. The rest of them he can't stand.
I agree with your husband! The rest of them are are so stupid; grown men walking around with blinky boxes & screaming like little girls or yelling "DUDE!!" OMG. For being "experienced paranormal researchers" they sure are jumpy.

But I like Amy. Have you ever seen where the personality of what she is seeing is expressed in her mannerisms? It's weird & I don't think she is faking it at all.

I've seen an interview of Steve by himself. He wasn't a believer when the show first started.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:56 PM

1,859 posts, read 704,980 times
I like Amy and Steve, she does have a flair for the dramatic. The first time I saw her was in A Haunting In Georgia and she came across as believable. Steve acts exactly as you’d expect a retired NY cop to act. Together, they make a good team.

I like Ryan too, never missed an episode of his show. Whatever is going on with him, I wish him well.

Old Today, 12:10 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,664,309 times
Love the show and believe that Amy is the real deal. The investigation by Steve is just fascinating and he can be so funny and compassionate ago the same time. I am on their Facebook fan club and enjoy it too.

Ryan is on the road to recovery and he has a blog where you can learn what he has been through. I hope he gets back into investigations. I enjoy his show in reruns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal