Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 06:23 AM

1 posts, read 690 times

Advertisements

happened to me last week ,woke up and realized i couldnt moove ,i could see the room but nothing else, no bodymovement i was sleeping on my right side and i heard a noise in my left ear like wind strong wind that wanted to posess me than i felt the presence in the room i struggeled to move but i couldnt like something was tying me up ,wanted to scream nothing came out so i pushed myself to speak again and finely i could make sounds out of my throut but not forming words did that 3 times and the third time everything was gone ,im terified and now i moved to the other bedroom it seems ok and im not afraid to sleep ,i came up with an explanation (not sure )maybe i had an obe and when my spirit wanted to came back in the body felt like the pressure i felt so the driver left the car the car couldnt move without the driver ,could be that the soul can leave and the counsiosness to stay?i was fully aware of everything that happened and the feeling of something wants to posess me it was my soul?it was a projection of the mind but still it was me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2014, 08:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Yes, my husband has sleep paralysis and sleep apneas!!! Poor thing!!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:46 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Personally, OP, I think you should be a writer and this reminds me of 'the tell tell heart' by edgar allan poe although i have not read it since high school.

i have had these so-called "sleep paralysis" dreams when I was five and when I was in my 20s. I don't care how science tries to explain them, because being materialistic science tries to explain away a lot of things. I think that in certain stages of sleep, that is, between asleep and awake, you do see the other realm. There are yogis who also say that dreams are another realm as well.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Doc. assured my DH that he has sleep apnea. He put him on a CPAP at night. Now we BOTH can get some rest!!

Old 06-19-2014, 07:35 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,435,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia330 View Post
happened to me last week ,woke up and realized i couldnt moove ,i could see the room but nothing else, no bodymovement i was sleeping on my right side and i heard a noise in my left ear like wind strong wind that wanted to posess me than i felt the presence in the room i struggeled to move but i couldnt like something was tying me up ,wanted to scream nothing came out so i pushed myself to speak again and finely i could make sounds out of my throut but not forming words did that 3 times and the third time everything was gone ,im terified and now i moved to the other bedroom it seems ok and im not afraid to sleep ,i came up with an explanation (not sure )maybe i had an obe and when my spirit wanted to came back in the body felt like the pressure i felt so the driver left the car the car couldnt move without the driver ,could be that the soul can leave and the counsiosness to stay?i was fully aware of everything that happened and the feeling of something wants to posess me it was my soul?it was a projection of the mind but still it was me?
It's a common thing to have happen, a hypnogogic episode, nothing paranormal nor unexplained.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:42 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,676,036 times
The reverse thing happens to me: sometimes I wake up moving. Like, sometimes I dream I'm playing football and then I wake up with my legs moving. Other times I just wake up with my hands moving, I don't know why. I don't think I'm a sleepwalker.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,375,174 times
I had similar experiences but not as intense and threatening as the OP's.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:13 AM

859 posts, read 704,892 times
I hate sleep paralysis. too noisy, when it happens I only couldn't move or open my eyes otherwise, no problem.
I can breath normally.
How to get rid of it? for me I try to focus to have energy to push my force into my body , then I can move again.
And this is also what I usually do when I dream in a nightmare and I know or feel that was not fact.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:48 PM

436 posts, read 420,678 times
I can't believe I'm posting three times in one night in the paranormal forum but here goes. I had only one example of sleep paralysis in my life, and it was very freaky. I was in my early twenties and had recently moved into my then-boyfriend's apartment. It was the house he had grown up in, actually, but it was partitioned up while he was in the military, and when we moved there his mother lived in the downstairs apartment, and we lived upstairs. We shared the large bedroom, but there was another bedroom in the back that he didn't really want to go into much, but never gave a reason. There was an extra bed there, and basically it was storage space for random stuff.

One night, we had some sort of mild argument of some sort, and I huffed off and said I wanted to sleep alone. I went to the back bedroom, made up the bed, and went to sleep on it. I remember as I drifted off wondering what a nice bedroom it was, because it had a nice large window looking over the yard. I thought I would make it up into a room for myself, blah blah blah. About an hour after I went to sleep - pretty early in the evening, because I was in a pissy mood - I sort of woke up, and I guess it was a pretty classic case of sleep paralysis. The light was still on inside, and I could kind of make out shapes in the room, but I just felt absolutely petrified (no pun intended) and felt a dark heaviness on my chest. The room was slanted, almost. I wanted to scream, but couldn't. I felt like I was halfway sitting up, as in a 45 degree angle, and kind of hovering over my body. I had had several astral projections in high school, and this wasn't that sort of disconnected feeling. There was just a horrible terrified component to it. I wanted to scream, and scream, and scream, but of course there was no sound. Then, as soon as it had started, I went back to sleep before waking up again. I don't know how I know that I went back to sleep, though, because it seems odd to phrase it like that - but it went back into a normal state.

When I woke up I pretty much tore out of the room and went into the living room. My boyfriend was still awake and I kind of mentioned what had happened - I didn't have the right words for it - and he said that he never wanted to sleep in that room because there was "bad energy" there, but he hadn't wanted to tell me before because he didn't want me to think he was nuts. His grandmother with dementia had stayed in it before she was moved into care, and she had had screaming episodes there right around midnight every night. So there was some sort of spooky element there, sure, but I hadn't known about it. I don't know if I believed it or not, but I never slept there again, and I definitely didn't make a room out of it for myself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal