U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 02:49 AM

25 posts, read 24,469 times

Advertisements

I bought my house a little over a year ago. Shortly after moving in, I experienced some minor unexplained incidents. Doors were opened that I knew I closed, tv channels would change randomly...A shower curtain in my spare bathroom that I have never used was suddenly closed, when I knew I had left it open

I thought these things could all be explained, I was mistaken, or my mind was playing tricks on me...

My neighbor across the streer told me the previous family claimed it was haunted. I kind of shrugged it off.

Nothing happened for 6+ months.

Now, starting about a month ago, my dog has been going crazy on occasion in the middle of the night. Of course, I realize there are many explanations for this, but it is out of character. Sometimes, he appears to be barking at the corner of the room. Also, I will catch him staring intently at a specific area of the house, where there is nothing out of the ordinary to peak his interest. He will sometimes growl while staring.

I just wanted to share my story. I am not saying I am convinced that my house is haunted or anything, I am just kind of venting. Not really sure what I believe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 11:23 AM

605 posts, read 1,410,676 times
I would start keeping a journal of things that happen. See if you can determine a pattern of any sort. Time of day, etc. Also, first and foremost, try and find logical reasons for the doors being closed, etc. Was a window open? Did someone open an exterior door and let pressure close the door? Simple things. You may be able to explain some things away. If not, then you can go from there. I am not saying one way or another your house is haunted. If there is no way to explain why things are happening, then you can start doing some simple investigating on your own. The dog thing is kind of indictive of paranormal. They are more open to seeing things we can't.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM

6,922 posts, read 8,626,636 times
This is a coincidence with what happened twice in the last week in my house.
The other night, I was sitting in my living room, and like many times before, Bobby, my German Shepherd came into the house from the rear deck.
I always leave the sliding door open for him to come and go.
To get to the living room, he had to cross the kitchen floor.
Just as he entered the kitchen, he started to cringe low, like he was going to attack something.
He does that when he sees cats, dogs, and squirrels.
He began to bark, so I got up to see what had caught his attention.
There was nothing there.
After a short while, he slowly made it into the living room, but still eyes fixed on that corner of the kitchen.
I tried to coax him back into the kitchen, but he would have no part of that.
He laid in the doorway between the kitchen and living room, just staring in the direction when he first came in from the deck.
For the rest of the evening he would not enter the kitchen, even though I offered him his favorite snack.
The following two days, every time he entered the kitchen, he would pause for a second or two, then walk fast to get to the deck, or living room.
Then it happened again last night, same thing.
Obviously he either saw, or felt something out of the ordinary.
Strange, when I have my nightly contact with my deceased partner, Bobby is usually lying at the foot of the bed, and this has no effect on him.
I feel he did indeed see a spirit, and I also believe it was the spirit of one of my other Shepherds.
One in particular liked to lay in the kitchen when I would be cooking, and it was about the same spot that Bobby directed his attention on those two events.
Bob.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,276,499 times
By all means, trust your instincts. If you have a feeling about something, it's there for a reason. I wouldn't shrug it off. Animal instincts are always on the mark, so I'd surmise you have 2 for 2. If everyone paid more attention to their dogs, cats, and other animals' behavior, we wouldn't need meteorologists or burglar alarms.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM

8,996 posts, read 10,163,187 times
I'd believe your house is haunted. I'm personally not the type to shrug off little things that I know I didn't do. Plus, yes animals have stronger instincts & senses than us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal