U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM

544 posts, read 553,800 times

Advertisements

I am not a person that likes stress or is even able to handle it well. I've been reading some posts on this thread and realized that I've had no unexplained/mysterious things happen to me or observed anything like that in a while.

For example, when I was in school, working, and then had to spend a few days in jail for the first time, I fell asleep peacefully on the couch because I was very overtired.

I had the weirdest dream , I can't remember it exactly, but it was like a scary dream that seemed so real, that for a few weeks I kept thinking about how real it seemed.

The other weird thing about it was, I lit a candle before I went to sleep on the couch, and I didn't think anything of it, cause it was a new candle in a safe container, but for some reason when I woke up, the smoke was getting really high and dark, and I quickly put it out. I'm not sure why it burned like that, because I wasn't even sleeping for that long.

Was I able to see what was happening with the candle in my sleep? Did the possible fire give me the life like bad dream?

That is just one example, I've had a few other dreams like that where they were so life like, without the candle problems though.

But I've realized all those things happen when I'm stressed with life. If I'm relaxed I usually don't even remember any of my dreams after 10 seconds of waking up. I don't notice any coincidences in general life either like I do when I'm stressed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 PM

13,619 posts, read 22,245,876 times
Yeah -- I would think you could chalk up that dream to your subconscious trying to wake you up to stop your house from catching fire.

Never ever light a candle and leave it unattended, no matter how safe the container seems. A couple years back we had a number of fires around here from that, and in one several little kids were killed. Even a safe container a curtain can blow over it and catch fire.

I've often had bad dreams in times of stress, and I tend to remember them because they are trying to tell me something. For me, dreams are my way of working out my issues and getting me to see them clearly.

I've talked about when my mom died. I just squelched my feelings and went on with life. So I kept having bad dreams..... until I broke down six months later and let my feelings out. It wasn't like it was all better, mind you -- but I knew I was on my way and the dreams stopped.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:59 AM

15,921 posts, read 18,345,725 times
I would have to say yes. The body undergoes numerous changes when stressed out and the human brain is still mostly a mystery..

Stress symptoms: Effects on your body and behavior - MayoClinic.com

Stress | University of Maryland Medical Center

The Effects of Stress on Your Body

How Stress Harms Your Physical and Psychological Health - Harvard Health Publications
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal