Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 03:35 AM

691 posts, read 641,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor_Nado View Post
So when you die it's like you're asleep without dreaming - just nothingness? That's depressing.
It would be if it wasn't for the quickening;I here tell that it raises one's cognizance.

But to the OP, you look on the bright side, it's still better to be alive in debt than being dead broke. But seriously my prayers go out for your complete restoration, in spirit, body and wallet.

But in general, is death only when 1 or 2 of the physical life processes stop? Like if your heart stops - you still have brain waves and respiratory ability, there is still some time to restore the circulation before the brain powers off and the respiratory and other organs fail as a result of the blood no longer flowing. [Like pulling the plug on your computer, it continues to stay powered on for a second or two from the electricity in the computer's circuitry]

The reason I ask is now that the U.S. has adopted this Universal health care system, at what point can the "establishment" cease treatment or to what point should treatment cease? Such as with the OP, the heart stops so put the toe tag on and minimize medical expense or is the person on cardiac, respiratory life support continued even when there is no cerebrum processes [brain waves] until millions are expended until the artificial supports are unplugged?

I have not ever heard of a verifiable case where a person that loses all three life processes;respiratory, cardiac and cerebrum functions ever being revived.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:22 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Why are we arguing what will happen when die. Non of us knows. We all have an idea we would like to believe and my idea is no more true than yours. It's weird too hear people try to convince people that they are right.

Old 11-12-2013, 04:37 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
The reason I ask is now that the U.S. has adopted this Universal health care system, at what point can the "establishment" cease treatment or to what point should treatment cease?
The US hasn't adopted the universal healthcare system. Not in the least. I hope you are intelligent enough to read up on such matters in order to get clarity.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:54 AM

Congress enacted the Affordable Health Care Act, and the President signed it.

The Supreme Court ruled it Constitutional.

So please tell me that you have read the entire "Act" before you pontificate on what you heard somebody said they heard. The only course of action is how "we" implement it lest it be implemented upon "us" by Operational Protocol.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 AM

457 posts, read 693,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
It would be if it wasn't for the quickening;I here tell that it raises one's cognizance.

But to the OP, you look on the bright side, it's still better to be alive in debt than being dead broke. But seriously my prayers go out for your complete restoration, in spirit, body and wallet.

But in general, is death only when 1 or 2 of the physical life processes stop? Like if your heart stops - you still have brain waves and respiratory ability, there is still some time to restore the circulation before the brain powers off and the respiratory and other organs fail as a result of the blood no longer flowing. [Like pulling the plug on your computer, it continues to stay powered on for a second or two from the electricity in the computer's circuitry]

The reason I ask is now that the U.S. has adopted this Universal health care system, at what point can the "establishment" cease treatment or to what point should treatment cease? Such as with the OP, the heart stops so put the toe tag on and minimize medical expense or is the person on cardiac, respiratory life support continued even when there is no cerebrum processes [brain waves] until millions are expended until the artificial supports are unplugged?

I have not ever heard of a verifiable case where a person that loses all three life processes;respiratory, cardiac and cerebrum functions ever being revived.
Sorry, the bolded is wrong. Yes, your brain will function a few minutes after death before dying, but if your heart stops your breathing stops and vice versa. The circulatory system works together so if one fails the other fails very shortly after. Hence the reason why CPR is so important, and why it's so important to do so ASAP.

As for the second bold, there are people who have been clinically dead on every level before, and have been resuscitated.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
As for the second bold, there are people who have been clinically dead on every level before, and have been resuscitated.
That's the kinda gal I'm looking for.....

Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
If we die and that is it - why were we created? If there is no God, who or what created us? How can we just BE?

If there is nothing out there what is nothing? Why is there a nothing? Do you understand what I am saying?

I don't think our brains are complex enough to answer these questions, do you?

Old 11-12-2013, 09:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
You weren't really "dead."

I am glad you are still with us, by the way!

I always assumed that dying would be like going to sleep . . . and that only when the soul left the body would we move to another realm of being (a different level of consciousness). You didn't move to that realm.

I have had 3 near-death experiences. Only once did I see "the light" and it was nothing like a tunnel. It was more like prisms of light encompassing me. And there were no "voices" or "beings."

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, if dying is like going to sleep . . . that doesn't seem so awful to me.

Time is a man-made construct. Who knows what happens at the moment the soul really moves into another form of energy, or how long that takes . . . or even if it is exactly the same for every person.

Death is the last mystery and not knowing exactly what it is like is no more (or less) incomprehensible to me than not knowing what it was like before I was born. It really doesn't matter!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:15 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Your unique experience is your own. It doesn't automatically trump and discount the thousands of others that have actually had afterlife experiences.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Your unique experience is your own. It doesn't automatically trump and discount the thousands of others that have actually had afterlife experiences.
Yet one anecdote is no better than another. We have no methodology by which to decide which ones "actually had afterlife experiences" as you put it. In fact the difficulty we face is there is no reason to think ANYONE had such experiences at all. The clue is in the name. "NDE" for example stands for NEAR death experience. That is to say: The patient did not die.

The issue we face is that people like yourself have entirely unsubstantiated notions about what the afterlife consists of. Your entirely methodology for differentiating between anecdotal tales about it therefore is simply to select the ones that conform to your expectations as being the "actual" ones, and disregard the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.