U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:39 PM

747 posts, read 1,919,455 times

Advertisements

I've read and heard countless information saying that we are here on Earth to better our souls. Some Eastern religions believe that, as well as those who believe in reincarnation. That is why we keep having multiple lifetimes...in order to achieve soul growth. My only feeling is would God really put us in such a hard and lonely place without throwing us a bone some of the time? Sometimes things that should be so natural and easy like finding friends or a job, seem like darn near impossible. Sometimes it seems like there is no end to it all. All the stress, loneliness and depression. Well how do we keep going if good things don't ever happen? no inventive to keep trying. just sayin'
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM

11,652 posts, read 14,723,093 times
I have long thought about this endlessly, Having endured many hardships though not related to work of friends. There are many theories, Like how it is meant to be a test and we have to suffer to appreciate the good things. I am not sure of the validity of this, Other then how we should appreciate what we have and often take things for granted. Someone once said to me "You wont miss your water until your well is dry" and this is true much of the time.

The one thing that gets me though: The divide of how it plays out for people. There are some that put in little to no effort to things, Or are very negative people and they get things dropped at thier feet Vs. Some who put in effort, Are positive and willing to really work hard and although these types usually do see progress, sometimes they still do not get in the equivalent of what they put in. In other words, Why do bad things happen to good people?

No one really knows, So my philosophy is since we have to live on this rock, Might as well put in maximum effort. Your effort, And as much as I might get flak on this: Don't really on a "God". You are you, All the time and can often control only that.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:21 PM

12,863 posts, read 10,498,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I've read and heard countless information saying that we are here on Earth to better our souls. Some Eastern religions believe that, as well as those who believe in reincarnation. That is why we keep having multiple lifetimes...in order to achieve soul growth. My only feeling is would God really put us in such a hard and lonely place without throwing us a bone some of the time? Sometimes things that should be so natural and easy like finding friends or a job, seem like darn near impossible. Sometimes it seems like there is no end to it all. All the stress, loneliness and depression. Well how do we keep going if good things don't ever happen? no inventive to keep trying. just sayin'
It sounds like you are going through a hard time. Sorry you're dealing with that.

You also sound really depressed? Are you getting treatment?

Many times, life is what you make it. Life is also a lot of work. Making friends takes a lot of work. Getting a job takes work. You need to have the right qualifications and education.

I believe in God but it doesn't work like God throws us a bone. There a lot more to this but it wouldn't relate to this thread in this forum.

Life is what it is. The world we see is the result of millions of people making free will choices. What we experience is a product of what we create in our lives. Even if we don't create the situation of being jobless, we create how we mentally and emotionally deal with such circumstances.

Some of the "happiest" people in the world live under some of the most dire circumstances. However, they have learned how to find mental/emotional contentment.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:43 PM

7,288 posts, read 11,720,437 times
I have learned, through studying various traditions, that our personalities on Earth are ego based, that we are really "all one," and that at the core we are simply pure essence and when we die we "return to essence."

My question is similar to yours - if we are really essence (and essence is pure energy) then what would be the point of experiencing ego?

I don't get it.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:21 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,533,720 times
Your world is of your own making... not so much outside your mind as INSIDE.

If you decide life is hard, miserable and lonely, it will be. If you decide it's the greatest adventure of all time, it will be too.

It sounds crazy (and maybe it is) but the world isn't real per se. Whatever is beyond our reality is the "real world"... this life is just one narrow sliver of the whole experience. Very little of what happens in the physical world actually matters in the grand scheme of things.

After all, the great pharaohs thought they were gods but their corpses are now tourist attractions. The kings of of Europe are mostly all forgotten. Men who spent their life chasing fame and fortune end up 6 feet under in a box just like most people.

And on the flip side, some of the happiest people I've ever met in my life were living in huts in the Bolivian Amazon or herding sheep in Utah's desert.

Life is like a treasure hunt for the knowledge of what really, truly brings you happiness.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:41 PM

15,921 posts, read 18,424,363 times
Quote:
I pity your life if you believe the Earth is a hard and lonely place and it's filled with nothing but stress, loneliness and depression.

Why does some mythical being have to throw us a bone?

One makes their life on this Earth whatever they want it to be.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:49 AM

29,516 posts, read 28,557,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I pity your life if you believe the Earth is a hard and lonely place and it's filled with nothing but stress, loneliness and depression.

Why does some mythical being have to throw us a bone?

One makes their life on this Earth whatever they want it to be.
Really? Awesome. I'll have to work on that.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:25 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,848,530 times
I like your username, smoky_topaz, but I do not have an answer for you. I have wondered the same thing myself on occasion...

Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,297,886 times
Quote:
Well just saying back at you that I personally believe that we chose the family we are born into since that is the first earth conditionings that we encounter. We chose them to learn and evolve. Many people never realize their conditionings and thus never evolve past them.

Break out of this cycle that you are describing to us. You can create whatever reality that is possible in your life. It takes a lot of self-discipline, self-reflection, focus, determination, emotional intelligence and luck.

If you think you are doomed or limited...you will attract that to yourself.

Like they say you are what you eat...I say you are what you think.

I would suggest meditation or finding a positive mantra that resonates with you and say it every single day. It's a start.

Old 11-18-2013, 01:30 AM

35,103 posts, read 44,685,752 times
Quote:

Because humans are on this earth and they have free will.

God has "thrown everyone a bone", it is called Faith and Prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal