Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 03:53 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,772 times

Advertisements

One word... Demons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2021, 09:33 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
It was an online sleuth focused documentary for sure.

I don’t know if you ever saw the Netflix documentary “Don’t F*** With Cats” but I basically saw this film as the counterpoint to that. In the former, it was all about how the online sleuth community was able to track down people who were doing horrific things to animals and then posting videos of it online.

In this docuseries it showed how the online sleuth community got it really, really wrong. It went into painstaking detail, I don’t think it left a stone unturned. I think the story of Morbid needed to be told. I had never heard of him or about what had happened to him. It was really horrible.

So I think overall they did a pretty good job of laying out all the facts and I think confirmed that she died a tragic accidental death due to poorly managed bipolar disorder. And the online community got it incredibly wrong (including myself).
I just finished watching the netflix doc. Pretty conclusive - no foul play, no consipracy, and obviously no "demons", just mental illness. I agree it this documentary could have been edited down to half it's length.
It pretty much confirmed what i already knew and concluded but added more support that wasn't disclosed before:
  • The extent of Elisa's troubled behavior in the hotel, as witnessed by the Hotel Manager.
  • Much more detail on the police investigation, showing just how much effort they put into it (hint: thousands of man hours - literally a squad of police officers searching each room and closet in the hotel, literally hundreds of hours of watching hotel videos multiple times). They guilt shown by the lead investigator in not finding the body in the water tank initially was evident.
  • Police and forensics explaining how difficult it would be to carry a body up the various ladders leading up to the water tank, without damage (scrapes, bruises) that would show up in the autopsy.
  • The sniffer dog finding a faint trace of Elisa going to the fire escape leading up to the roof.
  • An explanation the Elisa had psychotics breaks in the past, due to lack of her taking her medicine, resulting in her performing very strange "hide and seek" type antics.

The rest - the easiness of getting on the roof, the fact that the water tank lid was opened when her body was found, her clothes in the tank, the etc....all I knew before. But it still gets distorted in internet blogs and youtubes. Social media didn't help this case at all and caused nothing but finger pointing and misdirection.

Old 02-17-2021, 09:41 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I just finished watching the netflix doc. Pretty conclusive - no foul play, no consipracy, and no "demons", just mental illness. I agree it this documentary could have been edited down to half it's length.

The one real victim to this is that singer from Mexico. The online community almost caused his death and they is no accountability to cyber stalking someone the way they did.

Old 02-17-2021, 10:05 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The one real victim to this is that singer from Mexico. The online community almost caused his death and they is no accountability to cyber stalking someone the way they did.
Yep. Considering I'm not a big "death metal" fan, I really felt for the guy. What happened to him was very sad. Perfect example of "wrong place, wrong time." I think he could have avoided some of it by doing a straight on, regular video denial (or interview), instead of the weird, full make up/costume denial "death video" he did as an initial response to the accusations. But still--bunch of internet sleuths got it completely wrong.

--

Old 02-17-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Yep. Considering I'm not a big "death metal" fan, I really felt for the guy. What happened to him was very sad. Perfect example of "wrong place, wrong time." I think he could have avoided some of it by doing a straight on, regular video denial (or interview), instead of the weird, full make up/costume denial "death video" he did as an initial response to the accusations. But still--bunch of internet sleuths got it completely wrong.

--

That is a good point his video was almost like he was mocking the people accusing him. If he said what he said for the documentary it probably would have ended the controversy.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:17 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Nothing normal. No one could get into that tank.

She was drawn there, as a sacrifice.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:10 PM

239 posts, read 134,090 times
We discussed the Elisa Lam mystery in another forum, apparently she was a Harry Potter fan and there are youtube vids of her in the audience of a chat show laughing, and they're all wearing wizard hats.
I'd post a link to the vid and a still pic but i don't know if this forum allows links and stuff.

Old 03-21-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Nothing normal. No one could get into that tank.

She was drawn there, as a sacrifice.

Of course she could have gotten into the tank. And the police dogs tracked her to the window she would have had to go out of to climb up to the roof. And like what was said in the documentary. The water was not high enough that once she was in there it was impossible to get back out. She was mentally ill and this led to her death.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:52 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Of course she could have gotten into the tank. And the police dogs tracked her to the window she would have had to go out of to climb up to the roof. And like what was said in the documentary. The water was not high enough that once she was in there it was impossible to get back out. She was mentally ill and this led to her death.
Agreed. She not only could get into that tank, she did get into that tank. She was small enough to fit. The tank top was discovered open by the first person that saw her floating in the water. This is one reason her parents sued the hotel for negligence, because the hotel did not keep the lid locked.
Her sister confirmed that when she was not taking her meds as prescribed she would become very paranoid and believe she was being followed and would try to hide in odd places. She chose the tank to hide in because she thought whatever was following her wouldn't find her in it, thinking it was a safe place to hide.

Old 03-22-2021, 12:37 PM

239 posts, read 134,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
..Her sister confirmed that when she was not taking her meds as prescribed she would become very paranoid and believe she was being followed and would try to hide in odd places. She chose the tank to hide in because she thought whatever was following her wouldn't find her in it, thinking it was a safe place to hide.
Yes and perhaps she couldn't see any water in it and jumped in thinking she'd be able to push the lid open and get out later, but misjudged its depth and couldn't reach the lid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal