Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 02:25 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
Yes and perhaps she couldn't see any water in it and jumped in thinking she'd be able to push the lid open and get out later, but misjudged its depth and couldn't reach the lid.
That's pretty much what I think as well. The only thing she was really thinking about was getting away from whoever she thought was stalking her, in her state of mind without taking her meds.
The only really creepy thing in my mind at this point about this entire ordeal with Elisa Lam is that it happened at the Cecil hotel adding another chapter to the hotel's lurid past of murder, suicide and serial killers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 09:16 PM

239 posts, read 134,115 times
She was reported missing at the beginning of a February so she must have got in during the winter months and hypothermia must have quickly begun setting in so at least she didn't suffer for too long.

Old 03-23-2021, 03:11 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There is an "elevator game" which some people think she was playing. It is supposed to take you to another dimension and involves going into the elevator and going to different floors in a particular order. On one floor it is said a woman gets in and you should not look at her... I believe you end up at the top floor too. If she sees things, she might have seen entities which would not show up on camera.

I watched one of these mysteries decoded or some-such name like that recently and it featured this story. Might have been Paranormal Declassified, not sure, but it was quite a long section and the reporter did the elevator game and investigated the crime.
Do you believe in "The Elevator Game"? Why would it "work"? I am curious.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:57 PM

239 posts, read 134,115 times
I dunno if Ms Lam was a christian, but if she wasn't she was playing a dangerous game-

Old 03-30-2021, 07:05 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waymarker View Post
I dunno if Ms Lam was a christian, but if she wasn't she was playing a dangerous game-
What the hell?
That's about the most un-Christian thing I have ever read. It's disgusting!
She wasn't playing a game, she was suffering from an illness that befalls many people regardless of religion affiliation, usually it's hereditary/due to genetic factors. Her religious beliefs are absolutely irrelevant. Her death was a tragedy for a bright young woman, not a religious lesson or testament.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:05 AM

474 posts, read 1,260,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
How did she keep the doors open so long?

20yrsinBranson
As I just wrote in my post below, she essentially jammed the mechanism by randomly pressing the buttons. Nothing unusual; like confusing a PC by pressing keys all over the place.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:15 AM

Default Nothing demonic here....

People who have known or worked in a mental institution (my husband was an LPN assigned to the severe, chronic women's ward) find no mystery in this.
In my opinion Lam should, first and foremost, not have been allowed to go off on a vacation on her own. She was on some heavy meds and someone needed to be around to make sure she took them. Apparently that day, and maybe others as well, she did not take her pills. She seems to have had schizophrenia and who knows what else, and entered a psychotic state. Everything about this tragedy can be explained by her mental illness.
People have asked me: what about those elevator doors moving open and shut on their own. Note at the beginning of the video how she was pushing the buttons, thus confusing the elevator, so to speak. She jammed it. She exhibited paranoia by acting like she was trying to hide from someone. Her odd arm movements are nothing new to schizophrenia patients. My husband took one look at her and said this weird behavior was quite common on the ward. For some reason some of the patients would completely disrobe for no reason whatsoever. By the time Lisa made it to the roof, she seems to have lost total touch with reality. He saw nothing in the video that wasn't behavior exhibited by a paranoid schizophrenic, especially an unmedicated one.
As I mentioned in the beginning, Lam should not have been allowed to travel on her own. A pretty, energetic young woman who should have had a bright future, but too often mental disease steals that from its victims.
This hotel, similar to the Chelsea in NYC with its own share of odd experiences, was relatively cheap and thus would often attract, shall we say, not your average person. Druggies and such. Lisa was looking to save money and I'm sure that's why she chose it in the first place. I understand the hotel has tried to clean up its act but don't have any recent information on that.

Old 04-03-2021, 06:47 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecayingAngel View Post
People who have known or worked in a mental institution (my husband was an LPN assigned to the severe, chronic women's ward) find no mystery in this.
In my opinion Lam should, first and foremost, not have been allowed to go off on a vacation on her own. She was on some heavy meds and someone needed to be around to make sure she took them. Apparently that day, and maybe others as well, she did not take her pills. She seems to have had schizophrenia and who knows what else, and entered a psychotic state. Everything about this tragedy can be explained by her mental illness.
People have asked me: what about those elevator doors moving open and shut on their own. Note at the beginning of the video how she was pushing the buttons, thus confusing the elevator, so to speak. She jammed it. She exhibited paranoia by acting like she was trying to hide from someone. Her odd arm movements are nothing new to schizophrenia patients. My husband took one look at her and said this weird behavior was quite common on the ward. For some reason some of the patients would completely disrobe for no reason whatsoever. By the time Lisa made it to the roof, she seems to have lost total touch with reality. He saw nothing in the video that wasn't behavior exhibited by a paranoid schizophrenic, especially an unmedicated one.
As I mentioned in the beginning, Lam should not have been allowed to travel on her own. A pretty, energetic young woman who should have had a bright future, but too often mental disease steals that from its victims.
This hotel, similar to the Chelsea in NYC with its own share of odd experiences, was relatively cheap and thus would often attract, shall we say, not your average person. Druggies and such. Lisa was looking to save money and I'm sure that's why she chose it in the first place. I understand the hotel has tried to clean up its act but don't have any recent information on that.
Similar to the Chelsea, but the Chelsea had some redeeming value and was the home to some very creative and talented people.

The worst thing that happened in The Chelsea was the murder of Nancy Spungen by Sex Pistols member, Sid Vicious.

Other people who lived at the Chelsea include Dylan Thomas and Bob Dylan.

Old 04-25-2021, 10:19 AM

6,105 posts, read 3,344,280 times
I don’t care to look through this massive thread, but I read today on another website that her phone has never been found. Is this actually true?

If so, if her phone is really missing like this other website stated, how can you not think it was foul play by one of the many undesirable people who either live there or work there?

Old 04-26-2021, 08:01 AM

Default Means Nothing

The cell phone could easily have been stolen by any of a number of people. An easy slip into a pocket. Even a paramedic, maintenance worker, or just someone who had access to the scene or her room. Another hotel guest. Why does it automatically mean foul play? Cell phones are stolen every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal