Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:33 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
She was so very wrong on a lot of things as are all psychics. Of course her family will miss her.
Rumor has it that she never was a psychic. Just a good actor. I always found her entertaining on Montel, but I'm glad there are people who researched her and ferreted out the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post

RIP Sylvia, you are finally Home! You lucky dog, you.

Sylvia Browne and Debbie Ford in one year. Boo.
RIP Sylvia. You changed my life.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:04 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Please be respectful. Please keep in mind that some people here are truly saddened by Sylvia's passing.

You don't walk up to someone who just lost a father and tell him or her their father was a horrid person. It's just not done.

But it is a discussion forum, and people who think Sylvia had made mistakes or maybe didn't have psychic ability have a voice here too. I am one of those people.

So no vitriol -- no "hope she's in hell" posts. After this warning, I will infract those posts. I will infract posts who get nasty either way.

I'm not trying to nullify a thread -- I'm trying to keep it alive and not flame out.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Quote:
she is finally Home
What a great way to put it; she'd love it! She always wanted to leave this place -- I know I "can't wait," either! Still, I feel sad about it. She had a great sense of humor and a really soft, loving spirit if you look beyond the "TV Sylvia." I know I could see it and I felt it, even just through the TV.

She was funny! One woman asked her briefly, after asking about her own mother, if Sylvia was in contact with her mother, and she replied, "God, no, she's starting an uprising over in ___" (somewhere I can't recall), and I thought it was hilarious.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:47 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
For those who want to comment on Sylvia's abilities and failures, there is already a well established discussion here in this forum for that. Such comments are better suited over there.
Over here, it's about honoring a person (regardless of anything they did or did not do) who's life has been transformed.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:39 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
john edward should channel her,,,see what she says

i believe in some of these psychics,,, I've seen way too much(personally) to keep denying, nothing is there..

may she rest in peace,,and come thru to another psychic...

Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 PM

652 posts, read 874,190 times
Before Sylvia Browne became very well known late 80's very early 90's. She would come to Seattle for a local show called "Northwest Afternoon" KOMO TV is the ABC network. Sylvia Brown at a very brief time was the most skilled female psychic in the world. For years I studied psychics looking for weakness or ability. Often times people lose their touch when they become famous. Spirit guides like Francine are hard to come by. On her way through perdition, she may need protection from death because of how badly she lost her way since the late 90's lost her way. The below image is what I saw in my mind. My fear is that Sylvia will meet the queen witch, Diana. She always gets her way, she was never known as kind to other female spirits. She wasn't the jealous type because she killed men and women equally. As a child, I met the real Roman Goddess Diana, she has no equal. Her son is a fraud and a charlatan. She smoked like a chimney & rode around in a wheel chair and only cared about getting paid.
Moderator cut: image removed

Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
I was just realizing something I'd honestly forgotten about for years (and something that's a little-known fact about me, even among my friends and family). One of my tattoos was inspired by Sylvia's book Blessings from the Other Side! I just really loved that book, and was also looking for a tattoo to go with a Libra symbol I wanted... the design behind the cover title spoke to me, and was the perfect size/shape, so that's what I ended up using. This was about 15 years ago, but I still really like it today, despite having temporarily forgotten about the inspiration.

Here's the book, where you can see the star-like design in the background:

And here is my tattoo:

It's now in the midst of being surrounded (not covered) by a large backpiece - which is covering some old ugly tattoos, lol.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:24 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Sorry to hear of her passing. I always enjoyed seeing her on Montel's show. She was a tough old broad, spoke her mind, and was fun to watch. May she rest in peace.

Don

Old 11-24-2013, 12:48 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,324,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Psychic Sylvia Browne, age 77 died today in San Jose surrounded by her family.

Renowned psychic, bestselling author Sylvia Browne dies at 77 | FOX13Now.com
Hmm, interesting, I guess she couldn't predict that. O_O how do you like them apples?

Anyway RIP Sylvia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal