Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM

428 posts, read 487,197 times

Advertisements

I think this is a case of a grieving family wanting to believe in the superstitions (guardian angels and an afterlife) as proclaimed by their chosen religion. It's their way of giving meaning to their son's untimely death. Me, on the other hand, would be wondering why my son's guardian angel didn't protect him from being killed in that tornado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 10:43 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Exactly, Its clearly the boy . What's surprising are frequent posters who discredit every single experience, but somehow their own were believable and 'real'.
Unfortunately, it's not as clear as you might think. The same reasoning you're giving would equally apply to those who assume that the only possible explanation is that it can't be an illusion and therefore must be the ghost of the boy. You can't flatly say it's clearly the boy because the picture is too blurred to draw that conclusion. What is understandable is the father's grief over the loss of his child and wanting the photo to be that of the boy. There are a lot of things that can trigger a person's memory which reminds the person about a deceased loved one. Pareidolia is a reasonable explanation - seeing something in a paticular configuration that reminds you of something else.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:14 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,084,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Bottom line, we as humans CAN NOT see spirits in human form.
Bob.
Well I guess that finally settles it.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:32 AM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparrito View Post
Well I guess that finally settles it.

I tend to believe what the spirits themselves say about our lack of ability to see spirits.
They say we can't see them in a human form, so that is good enough for me.
Humans can conjure up, and believe what they want, but I'LL take the word of those who REALLY have the answers.
So, you are correct, "that settles it".
Bob.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:40 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
The wishful thinking of grieving father.

I don't believe in ghosts or spirits. We don't know the full story about how this photo was made, if it was modified after it was taken. Could be a double exposure of some sort with an old picture of this son superimposed.

If this man must believe that his son is "looking over us" to help him cope with life without his son, good for him. But I don't believe the nonsense that this proves there are ghosts and spirits.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:14 PM

80 posts, read 108,784 times
Why is the little girl's left hand (and the light area behind it) harshly truncated by that dark area?
The girl's right foot has a similar area where the spread of light from the firework has been abruptly cut off.
I'm having some doubts about her shoulder and right arm too.
The texture around her feet is softer than other areas of the grass. The picture is noisy but not consistently.
What are all those other light streaks?

Looks like photoshopping to me. Layers and poor cloning.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzakura View Post
Why is the little girl's left hand (and the light area behind it) harshly truncated by that dark area?
The girl's right foot has a similar area where the spread of light from the firework has been abruptly cut off.
I'm having some doubts about her shoulder and right arm too.
The texture around her feet is softer than other areas of the grass. The picture is noisy but not consistently.
What are all those other light streaks?

Looks like photoshopping to me. Layers and poor cloning.
Do you have expertise in photo shopping; just asking? The girl is in motion, nothing in the picture is crisp or clear.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Gettysburg?

Wouldn't be surprised. Is it Gettysburg?
Brandywine Battlefield.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I tend to believe what the spirits themselves say about our lack of ability to see spirits.
They say we can't see them in a human form, so that is good enough for me.
Humans can conjure up, and believe what they want, but I'LL take the word of those who REALLY have the answers.
So, you are correct, "that settles it".
Bob.
They would be who? BTW, no one really has the answers. If meant for us to know, we would.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:44 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
If everyone thinks they have a guardian angel looking after them, then why do people die. Why isn't that angel protecting them? Also, as far as the picture, do we all stay the same age as we were when we died. If a 3 yr old dies, does he always look like a 3 yrold? Do we age in the afterlife where there is no time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal