Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 12:28 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Just a stupid question: Is it possible that there is threshold or maximum limit for all of our communication devices? Almost everybody in the world has handheld transmitters and receivers. We also are being bombarded with commercial and military applications of signals (on world and off world) considerably stronger. Even electric transmission lines hum. Could we reach a point where the world gives us an electronic feedback without speakers?

PS I did find this one link and the article stated it more scientific than I could: World Hum Database and Mapping Project | Research And Hum News from www.thehum.info

I agree. There are signals all around us at all times. Perhaps the high frequencies are reacting with elements on Earth and have become audible. As for the Alien craft theory, Maybe despite their tech they did not realize the cloaking tech would also interact with something and make noise. I lean toward a more terrestrial explanation. Maybe HAARP even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 03:21 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
It sounds metallic to me. Like a bit of grinding, and metallic noises. I think someone mentioned it on the first page about gigantic earth movers. My first thought was back to some movie, I don't remember, about a bunch of elves or dwarves or something as slaves, deep below the surface, moving earth around....

I KNOW it's not dwarves or elves moving earth around, I'm just saying that was my first thought. If this were to be one giant internet hoax, well played.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:17 PM

580 posts, read 964,671 times
Three Wolves in Snow, I noticed that some of the sounds in the video do sound metalic. Kind of like when metal bends or when two pieces of metal grind together.

You never know with the creatures undergound theory. Supposedly the earth is hollow. Maybe undergound aliens are waking up and moving their ships. :P

Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I've never heard it. But I have heard volcano's, earthquakes and the aurora borealis (northern lights). Maybe it's something to do with the solar wind that slams into earth?

Old 01-02-2014, 02:50 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree. There are signals all around us at all times. Perhaps the high frequencies are reacting with elements on Earth and have become audible. As for the Alien craft theory, Maybe despite their tech they did not realize the cloaking tech would also interact with something and make noise. I lean toward a more terrestrial explanation. Maybe HAARP even.
Right after 9/11 there was a no-flyover for about a week. I was driving thousands of miles a week as a commercial truck driver at that time. I drove sleeper team with a partner. I also wore polarized sunglasses because of a little fishing accident that left my left eye permanently dilated. With my polarized glasses I thought our skies looked different. I even gave my sunglasses to my partner to confirm my observations. It looked like I could see water vapor rising in the sky. I have since tried to get some statistical information about that time and it did appear that there was a slight difference.

Whether there was or was not; that was the only time that our modern world, over the US, stopped. We have had no recent cessations of all of our electronic signals. It would be an interesting experiment - but one that will never happen. I do know that there have been fears/suspicions surrounding HAARP. I never heard of researchers tackling the question of total modern, electronic communications, and if there is a ceiling or limit?

Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 PM

455 posts, read 597,946 times
I about shipped my pants watching those videos...

Old 01-04-2014, 09:44 AM

457 posts, read 693,563 times
Some are hoax, but others you can clearly see people/animals reacting to the sound. I can't find the article or illustration now, but I remember reading somewhere, that wasn't a conspiracy site, that the sounds could be caused by the magnetic field "snapping" back towards the Earth during a geomagnetic storm, and causing vibrations in the Earth's atmosphere.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:01 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
Or this!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS IT EXPLAINS THE SOUND THAT YOU ARE HEARING!!!

SKIP TO 19:20 FOR THE EXPLANATION OF THE SOUND. THEN GO BACK AND WATCH IT!

MADE IN 1988

1988 video explains strange sounds in the sky heard around the world, page 1

This was a series of videos taken in 1988. Notice the same humming sound when filming of the disk was taken.

Go to 19:20 on the video

Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Many, if not most, of these videos are hoaxes. It's the same soundtrack played over many of theem, although some slow the track down a bit to at least make it sound somewhat different.

Strange Sounds from the Earth and Sky totally debunked - YouTube

But I do think a few are genuine. The British Columbia video seems legit, and many people reported hearing it, not just the filmer.

Strange Sounds in Terrace BC August 29th 2013 7:30am (Combined 3 clips) - YouTube

There has been documentation that particularly active Aurora boreal is in the correct conditions produces clapping, popping or buzzing sounds.

Northern Lights Oddity: Strange Sounds of Auroras Explained | Space.com

The Sound of the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) - YouTube

Yes, they are mostly frequencies we can't hear, but there are many tales of those who live in very high latitudes of the boreal is making audible sounds. I'm betting these latest batch of sounds have to do with the solar wind and ionosphere interacting, perhaps more than usual due to strong geomagnetic storms. With people living in more areas of the world than ever, and with the ubiquity of phone cameras, I think we are just more aware due to increasing documentation.

In any case it certainly has a natural cause and has nothing to do with aliens nor supernatural trumpet-players.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Many, if not most, of these videos are hoaxes. It's the same soundtrack played over many of theem, although some slow the track down a bit to at least make it sound somewhat different.

Strange Sounds from the Earth and Sky totally debunked - YouTube

But I do think a few are genuine. The British Columbia video seems legit, and many people reported hearing it, not just the filmer.

Strange Sounds in Terrace BC August 29th 2013 7:30am (Combined 3 clips) - YouTube

There has been documentation that particularly active Aurora boreal is in the correct conditions produces clapping, popping or buzzing sounds.

Northern Lights Oddity: Strange Sounds of Auroras Explained | Space.com

The Sound of the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) - YouTube

Yes, they are mostly frequencies we can't hear, but there are many tales of those who live in very high latitudes of the boreal is making audible sounds. I'm betting these latest batch of sounds have to do with the solar wind and ionosphere interacting, perhaps more than usual due to strong geomagnetic storms. With people living in more areas of the world than ever, and with the ubiquity of phone cameras, I think we are just more aware due to increasing documentation.

In any case it certainly has a natural cause and has nothing to do with aliens nor supernatural trumpet-players.
Of course there are lots of hoaxes. Anytime something gets attention, others want that attention and will mimic it. But many of these videos are not hoaxes and were verified by folks across a wide radius who heard the same strange sounds. I've heard these sounds, so have many other's I've spoken with. To us, it sounds like a magnetic energy humming noise. In my opinion it has something to do with microwave technology and military testing such as Haarp which by the way many other countries have messed with as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal