Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 10:59 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,497 times

Advertisements

My husband has a spirit or two that follow him around, so all of our houses have had guests. I don't worry about it, since they aren't mean and they help keep the cats entertained.

The episodes are never serious, just lights turning on or off for no reason, doors opening or closing and some noises. I figure as long as they leave the doors leading outside closed and don't try to harm us or set the house on fire, they are welcome to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 11:19 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
The episodes are never serious, just lights turning on or off for no reason, doors opening or closing and some noises. I figure as long as they leave the doors leading outside closed and don't try to harm us or set the house on fire, they are welcome to stay.
I've had my lights go off one time, but that was because I didn't pay my electric bill...

Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
DTD,

I sure did. It got worse the more she(grandma) drank!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has ever lived in a haunted house or apartment. We did and had some strange experiences. If you also have had strange things happen - tell us about it!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:20 PM

4 posts, read 3,628 times
My husband and I have had several experiences. When painting the interior of a late 1800's farm house, getting ready to move-in, my husband was up several rungs on the ladder, and had the feeling and mind-sight of an old man who rattled the ladder, said "go away", then mentally pushed him off to the floor. In the same house, I was on a ladder in a different room, different day, etc., and an old woman told me, in a gruff manner, to "get down". Then, being pushed, with no touch, I had to jump off to gain my balance as I was about to fall. We were both age 39, proffessional painters and home "fixer-uppers" and had never had this happen before, or again. The very elderly woman accross the street told us that early in the 1920's, a man died in the front room of the house, under suspicious circumstances.
In our next home, which we had moved on to a lot, we and 2 friends were standing in an unfinished room, and heard a little girl and mother laughing and playing--sounded like from another dimension-no one outside, no neighboors, no anything we could explain. Later that day, I saw two figures, framed by the trees, both wearing long, frilley, white dresses, and they were playfully running past the window. It was very brief, like a flash. It was outside the room where we heard them speaking earlier. These types of events happen "out-of-the-blue". It just takes awarenesss of what is going on around us.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:33 AM

7 posts, read 6,806 times
Oh yeah! Always had family ghosts around as a kid and when I moved into a house in Spokane, you could hear and sometimes "see" and old woman in a flowered apron washing phantom dishes. She never would do mine though...

Old 06-27-2013, 12:13 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
I think I have a kitchen ghost. LOL

I swear things fall off the counter too much from stable spots. I checked the kitchen with a level today and its fine.
Its never breakable stuff either. Always tupperware, metal lids, plastic, and baking sheets. No vortex of wind going through. Happens when pets are right in front of me and no where near the kitchen. No vermin. No earthquakes or vibrations. Usually happens when it is dead silent. Morning and night.

Its an old house from the 20's. Don't know the full history. So far I don't really acknowledge it other than picking the item up and putting it back. It happens randomly and rarely so I kinda want to keep that way.LOL

The cats do stare at the walls and the stairwell sometimes. But don't cats always do that? I don't know..I try not to look over when they do stare in the middle of the night.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:20 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
am living in one now-----so far not aggressive but looking for other places-----sadly cause of some quirk the last 2 places that were affordable were very very negative(saw the deceased former tenant on top of stairs---later found out that is where she hung herself----admitted by building owner after i pushed for response)

btw--ll DO NOT have to disclose anything about precious tragedies in a rental

Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 PM

7 posts, read 6,806 times
Forgot to mention the odd thing that happened at the house I am currently in. It is newer, so not real likely to have spooks, but a month or so ago we had just gotten into bed and our bedroom door which is usually 80% shut when we go to bed SLAMS shut. Not a gently click but a slam.

I blew it off at first as the wind sucking the door closed, which it will do from time to time, but then something started to bother me. Our bathroom window was open a bit, like it always is, but after I got up and checked the house, not only were no other windows open, but it wasn't windy outside.

The next day I called around to see if any relatives had died, but so far no one has turned up deceased.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's experiences; I don't know the why and wherefores about spirits but have always had an open mind on the subject.

There was a time many years ago when I was involved in an abusive marriage. One evening after I'd gotten into bed and turned out the light my deceased father appeared to me (my husband was in the other room). My father was sitting near me on the edge of the bed and had the most peaceful and beautiful expression on his face. He smiled and gently said, "Everything is going to be okay." Then in the blink of an eye he was gone. It was such a warm and loving feeling.

Thankfully I did get out of that marriage, and yes, I am much better now! And I know that he is still watching over me.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:44 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's experiences; I don't know the why and wherefores about spirits but have always had an open mind on the subject.

There was a time many years ago when I was involved in an abusive marriage. One evening after I'd gotten into bed and turned out the light my deceased father appeared to me (my husband was in the other room). My father was sitting near me on the edge of the bed and had the most peaceful and beautiful expression on his face. He smiled and gently said, "Everything is going to be okay." Then in the blink of an eye he was gone. It was such a warm and loving feeling.

Thankfully I did get out of that marriage, and yes, I am much better now! And I know that he is still watching over me.
how nice--i too believe our loved ones sometimes come around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal