Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 08:47 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times

Advertisements

The last show I saw they were draining the swamp near a road. It seems strange that they took the time and spent the money to do this, so I hope it proves something out with regards to finding more evidence and information about the mystery. I hope this weekend they'll have some answers to what's in the swamp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 01:11 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,822,767 times
I am interested in the swamp deal as well. If it really was man made, it could be concealing something.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:07 PM

After tonight's episode, whatever lies at the bottom of the swamp seems like it'll be really promising.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 AM

I was amazed that they found a vault or something about three feet under the water. It turns out to be in the spot that the Norwegian visitor told them to look as well. Then with the metal detector it appears to have gold or some metal that was indicated on the meter.

Next week will be the “last” episode of the season; I hope they have some answers to what is under the water in the swamp.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 AM

17,602 posts, read 17,635,928 times
What I never understood is why haven't a major scientific excavation been done in the area? At the very least, they could excavate the area around the money pit to find the complete first level of oak, remove the oak, carbon date, then dig to the next level of oak, and continue until reaching the water level or finding the source of ocean water.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,215,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Next week will be the “last” episode of the season; I hope they have some answers to what is under the water in the swamp.
Last episode already? I am recording it and thought the series was just getting started. That is disappointing.

I was afraid this was going to be another one of those shows where they string you along making it look like something amazing will happen on the next episode each week, and then end up discovering nothing by the time the show ends. I guess I was right

Hopefully they keep the series going for a long time until a real discovery IS made. I think the mystery of this island has been going on for long enough, and it is time to make some real findings. Hopefully the show gets enough viewers to keep it going as a long-standing series.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:54 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,215,120 times
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the swamp area was once covered in by ocean, dividing the island into two smaller islands?

The arial views of the swamp sure look that way to me, like you could of sailed a boat right through there in the past, but it gradually filled in with sediment over time.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:25 PM

133 posts, read 316,842 times
I thought they said the end of the season show is February 9th?

Old 01-27-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
I was afraid this was going to be another one of those shows where they string you along making it look like something amazing will happen on the next episode each week, and then end up discovering nothing by the time the show ends. I guess I was right
Like those Bigfoot shows? Yea I kind of had the same thought though. How far in advance were these episodes filmed? If something huge was found on the island, would it really has escaped all media attention for this long? I just want some answers as I have always been fascinated by this place and am extremely curious as to what is there. It'd be neat if they found some kind of record or evidence too on why it is there and how this whole thing was constructed in the first place. It truly is a marvel.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 AM

I hope and feel that they'll bring the show back again in the fall after they do some additional filming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal