Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 03:26 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Well, since you asked: Nope. It's complete bunk, ie superstition.
Well, since you answered I am just curious how you came to those conclusions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 11:16 PM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Well, since you asked: Nope. It's complete bunk, ie superstition.
Well then, you are happy in what you believe and I'm happy for you. Really, I am. My experience has probably been a bit different than yours, and I still question what I used to consider my beliefs. I have learned that I have a lot to learn. Or, maybe, I just don't yet know what I'd like to know.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:08 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Yes, I do believe in reincarnation, but not as an atonement for karma but as a choice. So for me past life experiences are not important, it is what I do with this life that matters and what I do with the next one, well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I do believe that we make choices before we even arrive in this world, choices as to what we want to experience and who we want to experience them with, then the chips fall where they may.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:30 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
"Hope you'll keep on your treatment. All that I can say to you is that if you want to help your boyfriend, and the connection between you is possible through thoughts, then concentrate with a prayer every day end imagine him in a calm place, receiving care and medical treatment of kind doctors".

Your statement is a bit confusing to me, in that my research of spirits, and the afterlife dictate that human illness ceases when the human body dies.
It is not carried on into the spirit world.
Your words make it seem you believe the boyfriend is still ill, and needing the care of "kind doctors"
Please explain what you mean.
Bob.
What I read into that, and correct me if I'm wrong OP, is that since he committed suicide, he may need extra care on the other side. It reminds me of a very powerful dream I had once where I transported a young woman's soul thru the tunnel and into a "soul hospital." She had died of an overdose of heroin and I scooped her up and took her with me to where she needed to go--I remember that I had a strong sense of urgency that I must do my business there and then leave and I felt so proud that I had done it--like I had done a great service for a friend. That could also be the meaning of "in my Father's house there are many mansions."

I have a hard time imagining that God punishes ill people for their early death--seems much more likely that they get the care they need when they get home. And what's the difference between someone who commits suicide and someone who hastens an early death by eating or drinking all the wrong stuff for a healthy body? I do not believe that we will be reincarnated until after we've received this care b/c life is hard enough as it is--you must be strong to enter this world. Did you ever wonder why we're not all crazier than we are?

Old 04-09-2014, 06:58 AM

88,570 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Long story short, I lost a boyfriend to suicide back in year 2009. I talked to a past life regression therapist and found out that we shared many life times together. I have to say that this is the single most healing experience of my entire lonely grief journey.

"Past life regression is a technique which uses hypnosis to recover what practitioners believe are memories of past lives or incarnations, though others regard these memories as fantasies or delusions. Past life regression is typically undertaken in pursuit of a spiritual experience, or in a psychotherapeutic setting.
The technique used during past life regression involves the subject answering a series of questions while hypnotized, to reveal the identity and events of past lives, a method similar to that used in recovered memory therapy. According to sceptics, the above methods misrepresent memory as a recording of previous events, rather than a constructed set of recollections. The use of hypnosis and suggestive questions makes the subject likely to hold distorted or false memories.[1] The source of the memories could be a product of cryptomnesia and confabulations, which combine experiences, knowledge, imagination and suggestion from the hypnotist. Once created, the memories may be indistinguishable from memories based on events that occurred during the subject's life."

Past life regression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here are some very powerful youtube videos about past life regression therapy

Brian Weiss: Past-Life Regression Session - YouTube

Any of you believe in the concept of reincarnation and past life experiences?

Share your thoughts and stories please. Thank you
I read Weiss's book years ago. I was pretty impressed. Of course, anyone can write a fake book, but it sort of resounded with me.

Yes, I think we may live through multiple incarnations. Long story that I've told on another thread, but my niece around the ages of 2 and 3 seemed to have memories of she and my sister (her mother), who she kept insisting had once been HER sister, being in a house fire and then being taken to a hospital. When another sister asked her what happened after that, she shrugged and said, "Now we're here."

Old 04-09-2014, 08:29 AM

726 posts, read 1,229,241 times
Yeah.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:14 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
I have always felt that I should have been born 5 years before I actually was. Maybe I was-which meant that I died at a very young age. But, I am sure that I have lived before-many times.

The strange thing happened several years ago. I was looking at my husband and all of sudden I saw him in a small fishing boat off the coast of Ireland around the late 1800s. So that would explain his love for sailing.

Cat

Old 04-10-2014, 08:11 PM

85 posts, read 122,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
"Hope you'll keep on your treatment. All that I can say to you is that if you want to help your boyfriend, and the connection between you is possible through thoughts, then concentrate with a prayer every day end imagine him in a calm place, receiving care and medical treatment of kind doctors".

Your statement is a bit confusing to me, in that my research of spirits, and the afterlife dictate that human illness ceases when the human body dies.
It is not carried on into the spirit world.
Your words make it seem you believe the boyfriend is still ill, and needing the care of "kind doctors"
Please explain what you mean.
Bob.
The Spiritist Doctrine has it very defined that when we die we get in the spiritual plane from the exact point from where we left the material plane.

Explaining: we, as spirits, are composed of our spirit, that is nothing but high amount of energy - only energy -, which would be each one individual intelligence, and each spirit has a sort of surrounding of a kind of matter, lighter than this matter we know, called "perispirit", so that when a spirit is about to reincarnate he shapes the matter of his embryo to fit his perispirit (it's an unconscious process, and there are numerous spiritual teams working only to promote reincarnation). Perispirit is a mean to connect to the essence of the individual; it depends on the kind of planet that the spirit reincarnate and the kind of material life that live in the planet. Each planet is a combined of spiritual and material planes, and the kind of material plane follows the kind of spirits that inhabit there.

Well, perispirit is a very important thing to us that still have to reincarnate, because it is highly impressible by all the experiences we are submit in here, and is on perispirit where we carry back all the dense energy we still have after death, which is basically the reason why reincarnation is settled: young and therefore ignorant spirits can't deal with all the complexity of existence living the "spiritual life", which is in fact "real life", and so the mechanism of reincarnation permits learn things about us and about life once at a time, forgetting our back experiences and concentrating in a limited group of spirits that come along us and specific "problems" at a time.

In that way, not only the perispirit carries all that shall impress that new material body (including health problems, if that was previously established that a specific disease is necessary trough the curse of the new reincarnation), but it also get all the energy a person can trade and acquire trough that reincarnation, and when everybody dies, we found ourselves in the spiritual plane with the exact perispirit we had moments ago, reincarnated.

Basically EVERYONE, coming back to the spiritual plane, receives some kind of medical treatment. It's logical, because the way life (the natural life, the life of animals) goes on one can only die weak, after all, even oldness implies in a more weak body, and perispirit goes along with it... Some treatment is always needed to adjust the perispirit to the conditions of the spiritual plane. Some times is a rapid, formal treatment, depending on the spiritual conditions of the "patient". When someone dies in consequence of illness, the treatment goes on for a while in the spiritual plane. Of course even the spiritual plane of the Earth, that is considered to be a late planet, has a medicine that the science of its material plane is far from dreaming. And when someone passes away with dense, negative energies, the treatment is even more complicated and can only be completed by a new reincarnation, due to the fact that free will is one of the absolute laws in the Universe, and no one can change the kind of vibration in which his spirit irradiate but by self effort. Reincarnation is the way to give as numerous chances to the spirits as they need to take conscience without breaking the law of free will.

Why does someone commit suicide: sadness, rebellion, desperation. And when death is accomplished the person finds himself: sad, rebel, desperate. We don't get rid neither of our perispirit nor our spirit when we pass away, and, being the spirit the source of all our intelligence, the thoughts and feelings we have (after a time, that can be short or very long, of numbness) are the same thoughts we had just before die. And that's why family and friends of suicides should really concentrate and try to send them thoughts of peace, talking to them to calm them, to convince them that they're surrounded by friendly spirits, to convince them to accept and ask for the help of these spirits (not all spirits can perceive other spirits; spirits that are in a vibratory band similar to the material plane can see only what reincarnated spirits can see). In other words: praying. To pray is a way to exchange thoughts and energy with the spiritual plane. And, of course, is one of the foundations of Spiritism that reincarnated spirits and "free" spirits can interact. It's hard to accept this interaction, because we can say, we can communicate we spirits through prayers and thoughts but we don't get the answers we would like to get. But it's always good to remember: THAT'S THE POINT OF REINCARNATION. To leave us isolated for a while, so that we accomplish knowledge for ourselves. But it's an apparent isolation, because we can transmit whatever we want to the spirits. And we sure get answered back, but not in the completely conscientious way we would like to.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Thank you all for sharing.

I am still a little skeptical about the whole thing.
In my past life regression therapy session, I've been told by myself (lol) that my past life was a woman in Italy. I have always loved Italy and Italian people. I've seen building and people dress like this in my therapy session when I was deeply hypnotized.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hjZnlJ_QaP...rado,+1939.jpg

http://suzyguese.com/wp-content/uplo...2/IMGP0281.jpg

I am always fascinated with war and in the therapy session, I was told that I was in love with a soldier.

Everything just sounded and felt surreal. I wonder how many people really do believe the concept of reincarnation. How do we know this for sure?

Old 05-08-2014, 07:19 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

P.S. Most of the world's religions include doctrine on reincarnation (Buddhism, Hinduism) . . .
Well, not really. Buddhism does not believe that the individual reincarnates. There is no soul or no self that is reborn. The collective energies are. The same person is not reborn, the memories are not carried over.
What you are talking about I think is some fake westernized interpretation of Buddhism and reincarnation (although I am sure you can also find eastern sects of Buddism that also take reincarnation literally).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal