Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 05:43 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,941 times

Advertisements

EXCLUSIVE - 'A portal to hell': Listen to the spine-tingling voice of a 'demon' recorded by an utterly convinced police chief and priest at haunted Indiana house where children were 'possessed'

• Latoya Ammons moved into a home with her mother and 3 children in Gary, Indiana in 2011 and started hearing footsteps in the basement
  • Over time, she and her children, aged 12, 9 and 8, became 'possessed'; their eyes would bulge, they'd shake and growl
  • A clairvoyant said the home was haunted by 200 demons
  • Sons were taken to hospital after one was inexplicably thrown in the house - while there a nurse and a CPS worker saw him walk backwards up a wall
  • Speaking to Mailonline, the town's veteran police chief, Charles Austin, says he became too afraid to enter the home at night and saw objects moving and recorded scary whispers
  • He even claims he was 'attacked' away from the house with his car moving backwards and forwards on its own
  • Catholic priest Father Michael Maginot carried out exorcisms on Ammons and gave Mailonline audio of a 'demon' rasping 'hey' in the basement
  • He claims to have banished the spirits after learning of their weaknesses

Read more: EXCLUSIVE 'A portal to hell': Police chief and priest who examined 'possessed' children at 'haunted' Indiana home back official reports saying it's no hoax | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 01:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Anything from the Daily Mail is suspect. It's apparently England's version of National Enquirer.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Anything from the Daily Mail is suspect. It's apparently England's version of National Enquirer.

They pulled it from here:

The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons

Reading is Fundamental!

Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Quote:
They pulled it from here:

The exorcisms of Latoya Ammons

Reading is Fundamental!
I agree. I read about this yesterday and the day before, and if you click on all the hyperlinks, it shows official documentation from two police departments, hospital personnel, the priest's letter to the bishop requesting an exorcism, copies of original paperwork on DCS observation and examinations of the children, etc. There's a lot more to it if you read the fine print.

I certainly don't know what happened, of course, but I just can't immediately say, "Oh, what nonsense" without inquiring further.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I agree. I read about this yesterday and the day before, and if you click on all the hyperlinks, it shows official documentation from two police departments, hospital personnel, the priest's letter to the bishop requesting an exorcism, copies of original paperwork on DCS observation and examinations of the children, etc. There's a lot more to it if you read the fine print.

I certainly don't know what happened, of course, but I just can't immediately say, "Oh, what nonsense" without inquiring further.
I am not sure what to make of it but there is a lot of documentation. It could be a delusion on the part of the mother.

I wonder what the history of the house is.

Last edited by Vergofa; 01-28-2014 at 07:10 PM..

Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,096 times
What part of physics describes walking backwards up a wall without wings against gravity?? I smell BS...

Old 01-30-2014, 10:13 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
The EVP voice sounds just like most legitimate EVPs I've heard and collected and it doesn't strike me as "evil". My first impression is no demon, just normal ghosties/haunting + a teeny weenie bit of story exaggeration.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:02 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The EVP voice sounds just like most legitimate EVPs I've heard and collected and it doesn't strike me as "evil". My first impression is no demon, just normal ghosties/haunting + a teeny weenie bit of story exaggeration.
I haven't listened to the EVPs, but my first thoughts were that it sounded like a "run of the mill" haunting situation & the mother may have overreacted, probably due to her religious beliefs. Then they all freaked out and the whole thing escalated into a hysterical response.

Today TMZ is reporting that the guy "Zak" from some ghost show (didn't notice which one) has purchased the house for $35,000 & plans to live there.

According to what I have read--the current tenants if the home have reported no abnormalities.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:50 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I haven't listened to the EVPs, but my first thoughts were that it sounded like a "run of the mill" haunting situation & the mother may have overreacted, probably due to her religious beliefs. Then they all freaked out and the whole thing escalated into a hysterical response.

Today TMZ is reporting that the guy "Zak" from some ghost show (didn't notice which one) has purchased the house for $35,000 & plans to live there.

According to what I have read--the current tenants if the home have reported no abnormalities.
I was just going to post this lol. I am curiuos to see what he finds

Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,636,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post

Zak Bagans is the guy from "Ghost Adventures" on the Travel Channel. Like similar programs, it's overly dramatic. He ain't 'fraid of no ghosts. Who ya gonna call?

More likely, there isn't any haunting, etc., but just the overactive imagination of the hysterical mom. I would think if there was a classical haunting or whatever, the current tenants would've noticed something strange. But from what you're saying, they haven't reported anything unusual. Sounds like it's just a regular house to me that got some press because of a hysterical, superstitious woman and her freaked out family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal