Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,567,071 times

Advertisements

Coming to a town near you: The body of a Bigfoot, aka Sasquatch, killed by hunter Rick Dyer in Texas back in 2012. Dyer will also release the results of DNA testing on the large, hairy body that confirms the reality of Bigfoot.

OK, hold on, back up, take a deep breath here. We realize the words "alleged" and "allegedly" don't appear anywhere in that first paragraph, and well they should.

Dead Bigfoot Or Rubber Costume? (YOU DECIDE)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 09:10 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,799,951 times
I wonder how much he'll charge to step into his sideshow tent...

Barnum - YouTube

Old 02-02-2014, 09:38 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,120,635 times
Unless this is concluded by DANA testing, Just another hoax. But in the unlikely event he did kill this creature, For shame on him as a person.

Until then, I take this as the equivalent of someone saying they boarded a UFO to play cards with Elvis, Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hoffa and the tooth fairy.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM

22,910 posts, read 28,241,364 times
Was there a STAR WARS convention in the area? Cause I think they might've shot some poor schlub in a Chewbacca costume.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:32 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,773,677 times
If "creature" is real and as the story is portrayed, looks to have very strong human characteristics. I would fear possible charges if I were this person. Clearly more human then animal.

Something stinks about this story. If it were real, it'd be no less then 6 weeks of top headline news.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:15 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,628,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
If "creature" is real and as the story is portrayed, looks to have very strong human characteristics. I would fear possible charges if I were this person. Clearly more human then animal.

Something stinks about this story. If it were real, it'd be no less then 6 weeks of top headline news.
At the very least, such a creature would likely be considered rare and endangered. Killing it would or should be a chargable offense, unless the creature actually endangered the shooter's life. The problem is that Dyer claims to have intentionally put himself at risk, and (I think) he said his plan was to track the creature down to capture or kill it.

I agree, the story stinks. For one thing, Dyer is already a known hoaxer. Secondly, he said he took it to a university to be examined and to have a DNA test done. Utter nonsense. Conveniently, Dyer omits naming the university. Even so, if such a carcass showed up as a university, there'd be big news about it from the university, although reserving anything definitive about the DNA. So if Dyer is so certain about the beast, why not name the university? He's just trying to get his name back in the spotlight again. Dyer the liar.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:20 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,120,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
At the very least, such a creature would likely be considered rare and endangered. Killing it would or should be a chargable offense, unless the creature actually endangered the shooter's life. The problem is that Dyer claims to have intentionally put himself at risk, and (I think) he said his plan was to track the creature down to capture or kill it.

I agree, the story stinks. For one thing, Dyer is already a known hoaxer. Secondly, he said he took it to a university to be examined and to have a DNA test done. Utter nonsense. Conveniently, Dyer omits naming the university. Even so, if such a carcass showed up as a university, there'd be big news about it from the university, although reserving anything definitive about the DNA. So if Dyer is so certain about the beast, why not name the university? He's just trying to get his name back in the spotlight again. Dyer the liar.
He is the crypto version of Billy Meier.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:14 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,628,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
He is the crypto version of Billy Meier.
LOL! Good comparison. Crypto crooks have been around for a long time. Dyer reminds me of the carnies at the old traveling carnival freak shows with the half-woman/half spider exhibit, real mermaids, 15' giant Assyrian king, a living abominable snowman from Tibet, etc., and the gimmick of offering $5000 to anyone who can prove they aren't real. The catch was that you can only look at them. Patrons exit the exhibits laughing at what a phony scam it was. Dyer isn't as smart or skilled as the traveling carnies were at working the shills. Too soon, Dyer, too soon.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:19 PM

23 posts, read 24,711 times
Im on my way.................

Old 02-02-2014, 06:29 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,108 times
Is that even a question? If that isn't fake, then I don't know what is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal