Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2022, 10:40 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Fascinating! Never heard the term before, but oh yes, it happens to me a LOT.
Welcome to the club, bridgerider!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 01:50 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Synchronicity is one of the one of the most bizarre and fascinating unexplained phenomena I've come across. For me, it's especially significant because I am able to validate its existence by repeated personal experiences. Today I experienced something particularly interesting that I thought was worth sharing:

So I had training for work this morning and there were some technical issues with the computer the trainer was using. He told us we could "cadillac" while he waited for the IT guy to resolve the issues with the computer. I thought to myself huh, I've never heard that term before, and thought to myself it was actually a funny word to use for what I assumed to mean "relax" or "sit back". I asked my co-worker if she had ever heard that term before and she said had not. My mom called me later that day and when she asked what I was doing I told her I was "cadillacking". She didn't know what it meant either.

Fast forward to this evening, about 10 minutes ago in fact. I am watching one of those prison documentaries on MSNBC and they are describing a method prisoners use to communicate with each other which involves tying a string to a note. And what do you suppose this method of communication is called? Cadillacking.

It was just completely bizarre. Here is this term I had never heard before in my entire life, and I hear it twice, in two completely unrelated contexts and with two completely different meanings, in the same day. I mean, what are the odds of that happening arbitrarily? If this was the only time in my life something like this has happened, I might have just explained it away as a bizarre coincidence. After all, even the most unlikely of things have to happen sometimes. But this is one of literally dozens of experiences I have had even just in the past couple of years.
That's so cool! The universe can be very "poetic" at times!

I've gotten very familiar with synchronicity, especially in recent years, as a lot of it has been in the context of a possible connection I have with someone who I haven't even met (at least, not in this current lifetime). It never gets old.

-

Old 03-14-2022, 05:17 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Maybe this has something to do with "Like attracts like" ? So, on some level, the same things and similar things are attracted to each other. People who think the same way as us, numbers the same, events the same, etc.

I dont know if it can be extended to "like attracts like" or not, as there is also a saying "opposites attract" too which would appear to contradict the "like attracts like". Maybe this is just a example of when the rules do not apply and folks make up a saying to explain it away?

I have a feeling that the Universe works on a quantum level and we are already seeing in science that everything has a twin in this reality so, maybe even a twin in every other reality too which would mean more. Occult schools believe that prayer and intention manifests so perhaps items are coming from other realities to be manifested in this one?

Old 03-15-2022, 11:13 AM

88,513 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Wow, thank you Harry for this very insightful post. You know, I started this thread 8 years ago and have continued to have ā€œclustersā€ of synchronicity periodically, generally surrounding major life events but not always.
"Clusters" is a good term to describe the way it seems to come.

Old 04-02-2022, 10:24 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
This happens to me a lot also. Not weird or scary. It just...is.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:09 PM

63 posts, read 70,410 times
Happens to me too and I love it! Like one of the other posters, Iā€™ll sometimes hear an unfamiliar word or name for the first time, maybe on the news or a TV show, and sure enough, Iā€˜ll hear it again somewhere else a day or two later. Also, I often experience this: Iā€™m typing something on my laptop or iPad, and as Iā€™m writing a certain word (usually a fairly uncommon one) a voice in the TV in the background says the exact same word at the exact same time Iā€™m typing it. Itā€™s so cool.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:22 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeMeQuick View Post
Happens to me too and I love it! Like one of the other posters, Iā€™ll sometimes hear an unfamiliar word or name for the first time, maybe on the news or a TV show, and sure enough, Iā€˜ll hear it again somewhere else a day or two later. Also, I often experience this: Iā€™m typing something on my laptop or iPad, and as Iā€™m writing a certain word (usually a fairly uncommon one) a voice in the TV in the background says the exact same word at the exact same time Iā€™m typing it. Itā€™s so cool.
It means, people are watching the news and picking up new jargon, then working it into their vocabulary. Or jargon spreads quickly among news sources. Like wen Rev. Jesse Jackson coined the term "African American". Human rights organizations around the world immediately incorporated it into their usage. It took longer to catch on in the US.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:26 PM

8,479 posts, read 4,724,709 times
For me, itā€™s like when my parents would get a new car and all of a sudden I saw them all over the place. You have a novel experience, so itā€™s top of mind, and instantly trips your attention when you see/hear it anywhere else. Odds are if you hadnā€™t had such an unusual experience earlier that day, youā€™d have run across the same show and not even taken note of Cadillacking.

Old 09-11-2022, 10:03 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
I swear there is something to this. I was on a long drive back home earlier today and had a thought that I havenā€™t had any synchronicities in a very long time, many months. I stopped at a home goods store because I needed a specific type of canister. While I was browsing for it, I happened to look at a collection of coffee mugs which had various words in cursive on them. The one I looked at said ā€œblessedā€ and when I looked at it, literally the exact second, I heard the word ā€œblessedā€ from the song playing in the background in the store. It was kinda crazy.

For the record I donā€™t think itā€™s like a ā€œguardian angelā€ or anything like that because of the word ā€œblessedā€, though Iā€™ll take it over ā€cursedā€ for sure! I just thought it was really bizarre that on the same day I thought about not having had a synchronicity in a while, I have one.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:39 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Synchronicity is real.

Perfect example- during the Pandemic I lost a longtime friend.

I sensed her impending death.

At the time her death did not seem like a good thing.

However she was ready to pass away and she did it on her own terms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal