Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 11:32 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,807,624 times

Advertisements

Lost UFO files 1988 TV broadcast - YouTube

A lot of today's wild but often accepted UFO lore (such as the Area 51/UFO connection, description of the "greys" and the "alien agenda") can be tracked back to this program which was aired in 1988, called "UFO Cover Up? Live".

Some UFO buffs even suspect the entire program was an engineered black project connected to UFO disclosure and/or a disinformation campaign leading the public and/or UFO community to think/believe as "The Powers that Be" wanted us to about the subject.

As evidence, it has been noted how the program's production was highly controlled and focused...guests were forced to read from Queue cards even if it wasn't what the guests said and/or wanted to say. It's almost comical to watch the show and see how "canned" the questions and responses are.

There is also a convoluted, mysterious and ultimately believable story surrounding the "secret informants" on the show, known as Falcon and Condor, "the Aviary" and their connection with the CIA.

A couple of things I found really interesting were the various the artist's concept art paintings that just felt freakishly spot-on, the appearance of Soviet scientists on the show and the fact that you could call a 900 number during the program and report if you had a close encounter of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th kind.

I know that call-in thing was fairly common back then but it still seems weird. I wonder what information was taken during those calls?

All and all, I've come to some tentative conclusions regarding the subject which this program seems to support.

I suspect the phenomenon is real... alien abductions too. I think the government has tons of info on the subject but nothing really tangible, to say nothing of being able to provide a real answer or have any power or say in the phenomenon.

I think the idea that our government made a secret arrangement with the alien and have alien technology in their possession was planted by the "powers that be" but is not true. I wouldn't be surprised if the government did collect a crashed UFO (or at least pieces of one) at some point but I also cannot imagine the EBEs would allow us to keep it or deign to speak with us through official channels, to say nothing about making deals or asking permission for anything. Really, it would be like us going to the Gombe reserve, contacting an alpha male chimpanzee, giving him an ax and some pots and asking him in exchange for his permission to tranq some members of his troop from time to time so we can do some "science" on them.

What this story DOES accomplish is lead a believer to think the government has some control over the situation, even if that control is a bit sinister and not necessarily ideal. The perception the government has control over any given situation is the #1 priority for maintaining legitimacy and control over a populace, so it's easy to understand the value of such a deception.

As for the great and highly realistic artist impressions and urges to call in and report your own experience, I've got to wonder if the whole thing was (at least in part) a pre-internet NSA-style information gathering project? Sure it cost a buck to make a call, but even in 1988 money it doesn't seem like it would have been an incredibly profitable endeavor. The UFO abduction issue is rife with claims of covert surveillance of abductees, "Men in Black", ect... basically suggesting the government at least was trying to quietly look for answers on the subject at some point... something they should already have known about if they already had flying saucers or alien "guests" to talk to.

Anyway, it's very interesting to see a UFO documentary that is conspiratorial in and of itself. What do you think?

Last edited by Tallysmom; 06-23-2014 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: The video is copywrited. The link is okay. Always link youtube, do not embed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 04:34 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
I personally have a theory that MAYBE some Hollywood SCI FI portrayals of aliens and UFOs might actually be taken from real life. Why? Maybe to expose the image to us to prepare us for a future revelation and encounter so it doesn't freak us out quite so much. Or maybe to provide an explanation for sightings. If a glowing green space ship existed and you had one in a film or sci fi series, then when people saw one in real life it might more easily be explained away as being imaginary.
I was thinking about this when we saw the Captain America movie and The Red Skull's Flying wing was shown. People have been seeing ships eerily similar to it and a photographer in Kansas took some good high res photos of one. Its not a B 1 bomber or other documented craft. But it is probably terrestrial in origin, although that doesn't mean it hasn't been developed using other technological means.
What is creepy is the " V" series and rumors about reptilians posing as humans. I certainly hope that is just fiction.....

Old 06-25-2014, 07:05 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,412 times
Sounds to me like a big fat vehicle for disinformation they made money on with the 900 number, which people are charged for calling.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:10 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,170,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I personally have a theory that MAYBE some Hollywood SCI FI portrayals of aliens and UFOs might actually be taken from real life. Why? Maybe to expose the image to us to prepare us for a future revelation and encounter so it doesn't freak us out quite so much. Or maybe to provide an explanation for sightings. If a glowing green space ship existed and you had one in a film or sci fi series, then when people saw one in real life it might more easily be explained away as being imaginary.
I was thinking about this when we saw the Captain America movie and The Red Skull's Flying wing was shown. People have been seeing ships eerily similar to it and a photographer in Kansas took some good high res photos of one. Its not a B 1 bomber or other documented craft. But it is probably terrestrial in origin, although that doesn't mean it hasn't been developed using other technological means.
What is creepy is the " V" series and rumors about reptilians posing as humans. I certainly hope that is just fiction.....
The Nazis in real life had some interest in flying wing designs for some future aircraft. The concept has been around for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal