U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2014, 05:01 PM
 
1,743 posts, read 1,411,530 times
Reputation: 4053

Advertisements

This is running all day on Destination America channel. Anyone else a fan of these episodes?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2014, 05:59 PM
 
933 posts, read 1,302,268 times
Reputation: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
This is running all day on Destination America channel. Anyone else a fan of these episodes?
They seem cool, but I have just not had the time to watch one. Getting pumped for Finding Bigfoot tonight!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2014, 04:19 PM
 
Location: North Carolina and Cayman Islands
112 posts, read 160,975 times
Reputation: 165
I enjoyed/enjoy them, though some are somewhat questionable in content, facts and factual material but God, they are FUN to watch!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2014, 07:01 PM
 
2,538 posts, read 4,268,531 times
Reputation: 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chaser View Post
I enjoyed/enjoy them, though some are somewhat questionable in content, facts and factual material but God, they are FUN to watch!!!
Some of them border on the ridiculous, even for cryptozoology. The one with the "evil gnome" was laughable. If the two woman did really see something it was likely a perverted midget who was getting his rocks off.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
11,558 posts, read 14,593,415 times
Reputation: 17919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Some of them border on the ridiculous, even for cryptozoology. The one with the "evil gnome" was laughable. If the two woman did really see something it was likely a perverted midget who was getting his rocks off.
I posted about this one too before. It was a bit creepy though when he was peering in the window and laughing. I found the episode entertaining though unbelievable. He even had a pointy hat! It was like a keebler elf after a night at Charlie Sheen's house LOL.

The Puckwudgie was cool too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2014, 05:33 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,222 posts, read 3,206,665 times
Reputation: 3386
IMO the first season was way better, this latest one has gotten kinda corny.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 02:26 PM
 
933 posts, read 1,302,268 times
Reputation: 1030
I watched some of the episodes from the marathon yesterday. Two "monsters" really came to me as fake.

The Pope Lick Monster doesn't even seem remotely paranormal, let alone having wolfman running around the train tracks. Basically, what I saw in the death of that kid was some stupid teenagers thinking they are invincible by going and running out on the train tracks. It was curiosity and nothing else. They weren't "lured" there by the wolf man, that's just a horrible excuse. Why can't anyone see the connection here? Legend in a normal dangerous place-->teenage curiosity--->tragic accidents. It's not too hard to understand, people.

The second was the green-clawed. The first thing that has me questioning the validity of the beast is that it has only ever attacked one person. With a lot of these other "monsters" there are tens, if not hundreds, of witnesses. In this case, only one person has ever been attacked, and there has never been any other witnesses to my knowledge. The other thing that makes me think twice of this being anything worthwhile is the government intervention. The lady said that she didn't understand why the government told her never to mention it again. Well, it was obvious to me. The government didn't want this to spread too far because the "green-clawed monster", in my opinion, was a government accident. It was some kind of mutated fish. Somehow, my theory is, this big fish developed claws and was attacking the lady in the story. I believe it had somehow escaped from government cages (or whatever), and the government didn't want others to know what they are doing.

Look, guys, I want to believe these tales more than anyone else, but I am also a very analytical person, and need to be able reason it in my mind in order to believe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,222 posts, read 3,206,665 times
Reputation: 3386
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
I watched some of the episodes from the marathon yesterday. Two "monsters" really came to me as fake.

The Pope Lick Monster doesn't even seem remotely paranormal, let alone having wolfman running around the train tracks. Basically, what I saw in the death of that kid was some stupid teenagers thinking they are invincible by going and running out on the train tracks. It was curiosity and nothing else. They weren't "lured" there by the wolf man, that's just a horrible excuse. Why can't anyone see the connection here? Legend in a normal dangerous place-->teenage curiosity--->tragic accidents. It's not too hard to understand, people.

The second was the green-clawed. The first thing that has me questioning the validity of the beast is that it has only ever attacked one person. With a lot of these other "monsters" there are tens, if not hundreds, of witnesses. In this case, only one person has ever been attacked, and there has never been any other witnesses to my knowledge. The other thing that makes me think twice of this being anything worthwhile is the government intervention. The lady said that she didn't understand why the government told her never to mention it again. Well, it was obvious to me. The government didn't want this to spread too far because the "green-clawed monster", in my opinion, was a government accident. It was some kind of mutated fish. Somehow, my theory is, this big fish developed claws and was attacking the lady in the story. I believe it had somehow escaped from government cages (or whatever), and the government didn't want others to know what they are doing.

Look, guys, I want to believe these tales more than anyone else, but I am also a very analytical person, and need to be able reason it in my mind in order to believe.
I don't watch because I think it's all real, I've just always loved hearing ghost stories/urban legends/folk monster tales ever since I was a young kid.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2014, 06:59 PM
 
933 posts, read 1,302,268 times
Reputation: 1030
I love all of these tales too. However, it is my opinion that if you propose these stories in this factual way, they have to be factual. Both of these monsters seem like they are, "well we have segment to fill, so we need something" type of monsters. I just feel like, as the viewer, we are entitled to some kind of authenticity.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2014, 09:37 PM
 
Location: kcmo
712 posts, read 2,012,809 times
Reputation: 373
Nope, never seen them.. I was a big fan of "Destination Truth" though.. the comedy in that series was alone worth it
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top