U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 12:50 PM

68,736 posts, read 64,086,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
If I had an experience like this, I would probably wonder if I was hallucinating, not because I don't believe in the super-natural, but because I know the power of the mind and imagination is incredible. That's why even if God "appeared" somehow, those who doubt there is a God would not be persuaded.

This is true. I do believe in God, but if I thought I was hearing God speak to me in an audible voice, I would assume I was having some sort of mental breakdown and would seek treatment!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 AM

19,491 posts, read 15,058,024 times
Well, I might as well say...as my mother lay still warm in her bed...
I paced in the living room...I talked to myself not to "do" anything for just
a minute...don't call this one and that one...this is a once in a lifetime moment...
Be calm and feel this...suddenly out of nowhere I was physically stopped from pacing,
almost by a non physical 'breeze'...when a telepathic voice said as clear as day in my head....(well, it was personal)....but gave me five words of clear instructions.

Oh boy, did it make sense and had I not done what the voice said to do, on the physical,
things would have been SUCH a complicated mess.

I don't know if you all realize this...but, the police sent, must approach these things as if YOU may have killed her...bec you could have out of mercy possibly...it happens.
They are sly about their questions...it took 4 & a half hours before everyone was gone, including the body.

The relief of when the coroner finally said to the officer...it was a her heart!
He closed his laptop...the subtle 3rd degree was over.

And that was the tip of the iceberg...I could never write what happened with the police on the phone...not 911, bec it wasn't any emergency...she kept me on the phone until the firetruck they must send, arrived.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This is true. I do believe in God, but if I thought I was hearing God
speak to me in an audible voice, I would assume I was having some sort of
mental breakdown and would seek treatment!
Hi Heartsong and Mightyqueen,

Actually, you would be surprised.

You are filled with such grace...calm, peace and
a reverence that isn't even awe....yet....you know you are in a state that has
been given to saints and mystics throughout time. Gratitude and humility of 'why, have you
been so blessed' is what occupies your heart as your mouth is dropped and you know
your life will never be the same again...and your whole being is softened forever.
Old logic? Gone.

But, hey, you don't have to believe me.
Until it happens...ya just have no idea of such profound holiness.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:33 AM

8,086 posts, read 6,456,602 times
I'm sorry you had to go through that (police questioning) when you were hurting already for your loss. Those voices we hear, I don't know if it's our own subconscious or message from the other side, but I have definitely experienced them too. Anyway it's definitely important to keep one's wits about when dealing with the police in life and death situations. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I'm sorry you had to go through that (police questioning) when you were hurting already for your loss. Those voices we hear, I don't know if it's our own subconscious or message from the other side, but I have definitely experienced them too. Anyway it's definitely important to keep one's wits about when dealing with the police in life and death situations. Thanks for sharing.
Aw, thanks...I couldn't rep you again.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:54 AM

68,736 posts, read 64,086,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi Heartsong and Mightyqueen,

Actually, you would be surprised.

You are filled with such grace...calm, peace and
a reverence that isn't even awe....yet....you know you are in a state that has
been given to saints and mystics throughout time. Gratitude and humility of 'why, have you
been so blessed' is what occupies your heart as your mouth is dropped and you know
your life will never be the same again...and your whole being is softened forever.
Old logic? Gone.

But, hey, you don't have to believe me.
Until it happens...ya just have no idea of such profound holiness.

To be clear, I believe I have "heard" the voice of God--the "still, small, voice", and yes, it is a feeling of awe and an encounter with the holy. But if God starts talking out loud to me through my TV, I'm going to the shrink!

Old 02-18-2014, 08:36 AM

8,086 posts, read 6,456,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
To be clear, I believe I have "heard" the voice of God--the "still, small, voice", and yes, it is a feeling of awe and an encounter with the holy. But if God starts talking out loud to me through my TV, I'm going to the shrink!
Or if the dog next door is trying to tell you to do something scary!

My "voices" have been something more like a warning or premonition, and, once, a greeting from a recently deceased loved one.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:18 PM

170 posts, read 172,196 times
Quote:
Well, I might as well say...as my mother lay still warm in her bed...
I paced in the living room...I talked to myself not to "do" anything for just
a minute...don't call this one and that one...this is a once in a lifetime moment...
Be calm and feel this...suddenly out of nowhere I was physically stopped from pacing,
almost by a non physical 'breeze'...when a telepathic voice said as clear as day in my head....(well, it was personal)....but gave me five words of clear instructions.

Oh boy, did it make sense and had I not done what the voice said to do, on the physical,
things would have been SUCH a complicated mess.

I don't know if you all realize this...but, the police sent, must approach these things as if YOU may have killed her...bec you could have out of mercy possibly...it happens.
They are sly about their questions...it took 4 & a half hours before everyone was gone, including the body.

The relief of when the coroner finally said to the officer...it was a her heart!
He closed his laptop...the subtle 3rd degree was over.

And that was the tip of the iceberg...I could never write what happened with the police on the phone...not 911, bec it wasn't any emergency...she kept me on the phone until the firetruck they must send, arrived.

wow what a horrible ordeal to have to go through. yes the cops are sly, but 4-1/2 hours? wow. i'm glad you listened to the voice too. it prolly was your mom talking to you; you had that wonderful moment where she was able to communicate with you. it is said that the dead stick around their bodies for awhile, and I believe the whole time you were waiting for the coronor's decision, she was sitting in that room with you. peace be to you, miss Hepburn!

Old 03-07-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequeen1 View Post
wow what a horrible ordeal to have to go through. yes the cops are sly, but 4-1/2 hours? wow. i'm glad you listened to the voice too. it prolly was your mom talking to you; you had that wonderful moment where she was able to communicate with you. it is said that the dead stick around their bodies for awhile, and I believe the whole time you were waiting for the coronor's decision, she was sitting in that room with you. peace be to you, miss Hepburn!
Thank you, you're sweet. And sensitive.

What does PDX stand for?

Old 03-08-2014, 09:18 AM

198 posts, read 242,299 times
Wink Re: 2 wks before mother died

Quote:
Who knows about these things, but I was shocked...she was in good health...just
had dementia, thus,I had to "go get her".

It is quite comical taking care of someone with dementia....I still laugh at having 5 cans
of cat food open at the same time....and the cat only ate dry food.
Each morning I would put the food back into a can..."Did Jasmine eat?", she'd shout out.
"Yup..." Then she'd open up a can of tuna fish and start up with that....so I bought
a lot of cans for her to play with. Too funny.
I agree about how funny it can be taking care of an older person. I wouldn't say my mother has total dementia yet, but I do notice changes...as well as changes in her balance and hearing.

The other day my sister called and said she was on her way to corporate headquarters as she was driving. My mother repeated, "You're on your way to cornbread headquarters?" LOL...she won't admit that she has hearing trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal