U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 10:14 AM

12,201 posts, read 11,524,790 times

Advertisements

These skulls are worth talking about.

DNA Analysis Of Paracas Elongated Skulls Released. The Results Prove They Were Not Human

February 6, 2014

Paracas is a desert peninsula located within the Pisco Province in the Ica Region, on the south coast of Peru. It is here were Peruvian archaeologist, Julio Tello, made an amazing discovery in 1928, a massive and elaborate graveyard containing tombs filled with the remains of individuals with the largest elongated skulls found anywhere in the world.

"It had mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans.

DNA Analysis Of Paracas Elongated Skulls Released. The Results Prove They Were Not Human
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,429,922 times
My thought is that if the skull elongation was "natural" there shouldn't be so much variation in the shapes of the skulls.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:36 AM

684 posts, read 739,499 times
Do we have any actual source on this? This piece is sourced to a paranoid alien conspiracy blog. I'd love to read more, but I'm afraid there's very little actual evidence or proper sourcing of information here.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 PM

11,566 posts, read 14,598,875 times
The "Missing link" maybe? Its an interesting read, and it would be exiting to prove they are from elsewhere in the universe.

I get this feeling lately some sort of disclosure is in the near future. It can be as simple as revealing biological microscopic life on Mars as opposed to "They are real and coming to vist". I think people can accept proof if its evidence vs live visitors. I would be exited personally, and would greet them with balloons and Schlitz malt liquor.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:56 PM

455 posts, read 896,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Do we have any actual source on this? This piece is sourced to a paranoid alien conspiracy blog. I'd love to read more, but I'm afraid there's very little actual evidence or proper sourcing of information here.
This was my conclusion also. Links going to another questionable site, which links to another...on an on. My google search results showed only one somewhat legit site in the first 3 pages of results-Yahoo-which states the "geneticist" will not come forward and be identified and the person releasing this "amazing" news just happens to run a tourist agency who is "raising funds" for more genetic testing and also wrote a book about the subject. No ulterior motive there.

The skulls were found in 1928 and I'm sure, were not protected from contamination since that date. No telling how they were handled and how many people pawed over them before the "genetic testing".

Old 02-13-2014, 03:54 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,741,439 times
Quote:
This- I saw this last week on a different 'blog/news' site. It has actually made it into several. I don't recall where I saw it, but it had a link to another site that negates the testing and study results from these skulls.
The mn who 'heads' this investigation (pun IS intended) used HIS sources for testing and will not release the skulls to anyone else to test.
....I wonder why....

While the testing and sources do look good for any real credibility, what I find most interesting is the shape and volume of the cranium. It is not consistent to the shape a skull takes from head binding. Which I instantly noticed prior to seeing such mentioned in the article.

It would be great to see some other testing results. It would tell us for sure if the skulls are just an inherited deformity or something less earthly.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:11 PM

5,794 posts, read 4,508,037 times
Melba Ketchum was involved with the Paracas skull DNA analysis, which should be a big red flag for anyone with a speck of skepticism in their veins.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:52 AM

4,179 posts, read 3,072,950 times
Quote:
This.

Until the results are published and peer reviewed it is just storytelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal