Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2014, 10:51 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times

Advertisements

Had an interesting dream today, long, intense, ......and didn't recall it till just now when poster mentioned people at walmart.

The dream opened up with me sleeping with the dog in a house resembling a little like my mom's mom's Georgia house. I was hearing a noise that someone might be trying to get in, so I pulled my costume quality katana from its scabbard and went out with the dog, she's a rat terrier, to investigate. As I went around rooms, there was one where my older brother was sleeping, another where two cousins were sleeping.

Investigating, I found it to be just a loose door in the wind. But then there was this scorpion like creature on the floor and the dog pounced on it. Moments later, there was a Texas centipede and my Huntress of a cat pounced on it.

I get myself an orange juice, my brother and an old family friend come about and as they reach for the juice, we find out that overhead dirt as fallen into the carafe, ruining it unless one has a filter. The two men look at me to replace the juice since I left the carafe uncovered.

This being a dream, I snap my fingers to orb myself to Walmart and it works for a brief second, I think I experience the 'tween (of Pern), but then I'm back with them.....and realize the implications of it, tell the two men.

That all those poorly dressed people one sees at Wally world are really witches. They get up in the morning, realize they need something, and just orb themselves over, not bothering to change into traveling clothes at all.

From there, the dream moved into how we were on the lot of Mom's house, my brother has sold the house after her passing, and now the area is being prepared to be a small shopping mall. I find some wooden boxes and a small cache of Kennedy silver (90% kind) half dollars (I did actually find that a few weeks ago in an old family piggy bank). I start gathering them up, a college ROTC comrade joins in the snatching along with his younger brother. But then I ask my older brother who do the boxes belong to, might they be of a merchant who is moving in. My older brother says yes, probably, and I state we must return the coins, they don't belong to us, it is the honest thing to do. The comrade and his brother are somewhat reluctant to do so.

And from there, the dream fades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 11:30 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
It's folks like you that give Texas a bad name.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It's folks like you that give Texas a bad name.
Oh, you mean about the scorpions and centipedes?

Well, admittedly, I have seen them around. Not so much in the house, but I have walked into my office building at least twice and seen those third to a half foot multi footers.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:24 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Out here in the Rockies, the witches all shop at Target.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:56 AM

Well, it was a very powerful night for dreams, some good, some bad.

Bad ones such as one should really check out their one night stands because you don't know what they get into. The police were hot on his tail, then my tail. It started out by finding out he had a big wide screen living room window in which to attract his prey and finished up with me escaping the Bobbies in back alleys of London with me dressed in Sherlock Holmes Tweed!

In the other, I traveled back in time to convince a USCG Captain about the command he was about to be given. It was this huge ocean liner on the eve of WWII that sank at the dock (or had enough steam built up to make it out of the channel...the history was unsure). I went back with my DSLR and was intent of taking better pictures for the present. When I got there, I noticed a whole bunch of people from the present, commented under my breath, "More time travelers each day!" and even saw a dancing friend dressed as a cancan dancer, working in the past.

In the dream, I suddenly started waking up, thinking that I hadn't gotten all the pics I wanted and those on the camera probably wouldn't stay. Then the dream dissolved into various accounts of what really happened, the ChEng describing how they tried to make repairs but superiors were interfering, some saying a submarine blew the stern off but others saying the liner would have minced meat the sub, and a description of how it had been America's Titanic (apparently the death toll was 716).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal