U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2014, 02:43 PM

19,283 posts, read 15,989,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
This news story has completely fascinated me. Ancient skulls discovered In Peru in the 1920's have had DNA testing--and are found not to be human. The Bible has referred to a race of people in ancient times as "Fallen Angels."
Care to quote what verse it is?
I don't remember reading about "fallen angels" in a context that it was "race of people," but Bible does mention however that third of angels left with Satan, and my guess would be that
a. That's the true meaning behind the word "rapture"
and b. that this particular group would be responsible for creation of a different race, which would be most likely identified as "humanoids." The best way I'd understand what "humanoid" is, is that it's a "creation" that shares something common with humans, yet at the same time there should be a difference.
I've never heard about the findings of "elongated skulls" before, I don't know whether it has any connection with "humanoids" ( or what bible is talking about for this matter,) but the link posted above in disproval of the whole story raises a red flag to me right away as well. Something like

"They would bind the heads of their infants with rope, cloth and wooden boards in order to elongate their skulls. This was done for spiritual or religious reasons, and scholars believe it was an effort to make themselves look more like their deities."

The Brien Foerster - Paracas Skull Fiasco UPDATED | PARANORMAL PEOPLE

would be probably from series "don't try this at home," but yes, do try to bind the head of any human infant with with "rope, cloth, and wooden board" and see what happens.
Changing shape of a skull of a human infant to pictured proportions is not the same as changing the size of the foot - sorry.

Last edited by erasure; 02-16-2014 at 02:57 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 03:01 PM

1,525 posts, read 822,771 times
Quote:
You might be right!

Personally, I think they were the original Coneheads from the Planet Remulak as shown on Saturday Night live--they looked just like these Peruvian skulls:

SNL THE CONEHEADS! Here is a classic with Dan Aykroyd,Jane Curtan & Steve Martin - YouTube

Old 02-16-2014, 03:43 PM

5,739 posts, read 10,646,549 times
Bible and Fallen Angels: biblical scholars might find this of interest regarding these non-human skulls:

Giants Nephilim and Anakim

As I am not a biblical scholar, I'll leave it to those with more knowledge.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:26 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,503,756 times
I think the fallen angels reference by the OP comes from a story that the Nephilim in Genesis are the offspring of the fallen angels (aka the Sons of God) and human women. We're missing some context here, so we'll probably never know what the author(s) of Genesis meant. There's no reference in the Bible that there's a race of people called "Fallen Angels" ... though the argument could be made that the Nephilim represent the result of a union with fallen angels. The root Hebrew word for Nephilim is naphal, or "fallen ones".

That was the common interpretation in the Patristic Era. From St. Irenaeus of Lyons, "The Demonstration of the Apostolic Preaching" (writing in the late 2nd century):

"...18. And for a very long while wickedness extended and spread, and reached and laid hold upon the whole race of mankind, until a very small seed of righteousness remained among them and illicit unions took place upon the earth, since angels were united with the daughters of the race of mankind; and they bore to them sons who for their exceeding greatness were called giants. And the angels brought as presents to their wives teachings of wickedness, in that they brought them the virtues of roots and herbs, dyeing in colors and cosmetics, the discovery of rare substances, love-potions, aversions, amours, concupiscence, constraints of love, spells of bewitchment, and all sorcery and idolatry hateful to God; by the entry of which things into the world evil extended and spread, while righteousness was diminished and enfeebled..."

This is given by St Irenaeus as the reason behind God destroying the world in the great flood. Ancient Aliens "theorists" of course interpret all this in their own unique way. The Geerts article is wrong, by the way, by implying the Church Fathers "forgot to erase the verses that contains stories of Gods, Angels and Watchers". That comment springs from pure ignorance of the way the canon came into being.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:55 PM

2,808 posts, read 2,658,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
The thing that usually turns me off is claims that these are facts when it's obvious not. It's all conjecture and theories. One of the worst popular TV shows right now that is nothing but conjecture and theories but claims they are facts is Ancient Aliens. Not once do the so called PHDs use the term "this is a theory", they state it as fact with little or no evidence, much like shows such as Finding Bigfoot and others.

This is just my humble opinion, I'm not saying all this is faked or could never have/will happen, just saying with the little evidence for most things in these shows and some websites out there they shouldn't be claiming it's factual and real then get mad like little children when others don't believe them.
People don't watch Ancient Aliens for the topics of discussion. They watch it to see Georgio's hair.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:15 PM

501 posts, read 910,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
People don't watch Ancient Aliens for the topics of discussion. They watch it to see Georgio's hair.
That too, that hair makes him real believable

Old 02-16-2014, 09:35 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,503,756 times
By the way, Giorgio's hair has a fan site on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/GiorgioA.Ts...sHair?filter=2

The only guy whose hair is more interesting than he is.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:21 AM

19,190 posts, read 22,881,720 times
Quote:
Bible and Fallen Angels: biblical scholars might find this of interest regarding these non-human skulls:

Giants Nephilim and Anakim

As I am not a biblical scholar, I'll leave it to those with more knowledge.
Scholars disagree on exactly how "Nephilim" ought to be translated. The simple fact is: No one knows for sure. "Fallen angels" is only one of many interpretations (and one generally now disregarded by many scholars).

Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 PM

934 posts, read 1,849,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Scholars disagree on exactly how "Nephilim" ought to be translated. The simple fact is: No one knows for sure. "Fallen angels" is only one of many interpretations (and one generally now disregarded by many scholars).
I looked at that site (Nephilim and Anakim...Anakin....whatever, lol), and they are translating the Greek "gigantes" as "giants". I believe the correct translation from the Greek means "earth born". But then again, not only am I not a biblical scholar, I'm not a Greek scholar either, lol!

Old 02-17-2014, 02:13 PM

19,190 posts, read 22,881,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostie View Post
I looked at that site (Nephilim and Anakim...Anakin....whatever, lol), and they are translating the Greek "gigantes" as "giants". I believe the correct translation from the Greek means "earth born". But then again, not only am I not a biblical scholar, I'm not a Greek scholar either, lol!
I read a little of that website, until it became too hilarious to finish. It's kookery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal