U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 07:20 PM

2,966 posts, read 4,583,387 times

Advertisements

I did not read the link. I have seen archaeologists comment on this recently and they basically said the genetic research is in it's early stage and we should wait and see after more research comes in. Will be interesting to see what comes in after more extensive testing.

One thing that was noted is that the size of the skulls are on average 25% larger than a normal skull, and this is something that cannot be created by head binding. The size of a skull is what it is, regardless of how it is theoretically manipulated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 09:06 AM

5,460 posts, read 8,643,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
One thing that was noted is that the size of the skulls are on average 25% larger than a normal skull, and this is something that cannot be created by head binding. The size of a skull is what it is, regardless of how it is theoretically manipulated.
Why couldn't it be done with head binding? Would you mind sharing the source of that information?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:14 AM

2,966 posts, read 4,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Why couldn't it be done with head binding? Would you mind sharing the source of that information?
I don't have the source handy, as I follow lots of archaeologists and archaeology sites and read all of the info as it comes through my feed each day.

This article basically said head binding can only change the shape of the existing skull, and not increase it's size. The elongated skulls in question are 25% larger, genetically. Who knows if it is true as there is always conflicting information on the web and coming from the experts themselves.

I will post an article discussing the size if I run across it again.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:20 PM

5,795 posts, read 4,512,518 times
I've gone through the articles linked here and see no reference to a peer reviewed publication that shows higher cranial capacity other than that the Paracas History Museum and a number of paranormal sites say so.

Also, there's more in the cranial cavity than grey matter ... Hydrocephalic skulls for example are filled with cerebrospinal fluid due to drainage problems. Assuming the volume in these skulls is greater (which I don't necessarily buy for the reason above) can someone verify that these skulls didn't contain a normal amount of brain tissue with the rest consisting of hydrocephalic fluid due to a larger brain pan resulting from years of deformation?

Edit: turns out there's also an hypothesis that skull deformation may have been done in an attempt to treat hydrocephalus rather than for aesthetic reasons ... Which would explain the increased skull cavity size:

http://www.upright-health.com/skull-deformation.html

Old 02-18-2014, 05:36 PM

5,460 posts, read 8,643,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
I don't have the source handy, as I follow lots of archaeologists and archaeology sites and read all of the info as it comes through my feed each day.

This article basically said head binding can only change the shape of the existing skull, and not increase it's size. The elongated skulls in question are 25% larger, genetically. Who knows if it is true as there is always conflicting information on the web and coming from the experts themselves.

I will post an article discussing the size if I run across it again.
Thanks. I'd appreciate that. The reason I asked is because "bone stretching" is something that is done today, literally lengthening the bones, usually limbs such as the legs. The process is rather lengthy, and very painful. There are primarily 3 methods: external; internal (intraosseal); or combined (mixed). The end result is that the bone is indeed increased in length, not shape.
Limb lengthening methods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think binding can be completely ruled out. At the same time, regarding the original subject, I don't think a hoax can be ruled out either, particularly when information, such as the lab tests being withheld and not allowing the skulls to be examined by reliable experts. It sounds a lot like the dead Bigfoot fiasco.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:27 AM

5,744 posts, read 10,654,516 times
I, too, await the results of further genetic testing. If you view the videos, I found it interesting to observe (and alluded to by the narrator) how much larger the eye sockets are than a "normal" skull. I mean, much larger!

Could this anomaly also be caused by head binding? Did these early people also perform eye socket enlargement? It's very odd.

My mind is open--and curious--as to further emerging details from researchers.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:42 PM

23,572 posts, read 24,705,174 times
proof the Peyton Manning is descendant from aliens

Old 02-20-2014, 07:09 PM

2,037 posts, read 3,475,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I, too, await the results of further genetic testing. If you view the videos, I found it interesting to observe (and alluded to by the narrator) how much larger the eye sockets are than a "normal" skull. I mean, much larger!

Could this anomaly also be caused by head binding? Did these early people also perform eye socket enlargement? It's very odd.

My mind is open--and curious--as to further emerging details from researchers.
I've got to ask: why do folks believe that there were "great civilizations" before modern humans? Where is the evidence? Buried cities? Advanced technology? Any technology other than a clay pot with a copper wire in it surrounded by grapefruit juice...viola! A battery, so advanced...meh

Old 02-20-2014, 11:33 PM

3,388 posts, read 6,067,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I think the fallen angels reference by the OP comes from a story that the Nephilim in Genesis are the offspring of the fallen angels (aka the Sons of God) and human women. We're missing some context here, so we'll probably never know what the author(s) of Genesis meant. There's no reference in the Bible that there's a race of people called "Fallen Angels" ... though the argument could be made that the Nephilim represent the result of a union with fallen angels. The root Hebrew word for Nephilim is naphal, or "fallen ones".
If we are gunna go there, you can't forget about Lilith in that story.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:20 AM

17,819 posts, read 14,114,611 times
Walk through any mall today and it is easy to believe that some of our ancestors practiced head binding:https://www.google.com/search?q=ear+...w=1536&bih=788.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal