Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 05:16 AM

486 posts, read 992,342 times

Advertisements

Over the past 2-3 months I have had a repetitive lucid dream. I have dreamt some version of this dream about 10 times.

It starts from a regular dream, in that dream I decide to either put my hand through a door, mirror, window and squeeze myself through. Once through, all the colors change to vivid colors that you do not find on this earth. I then realize I am lucid dreaming. I decide to fly above the rooftops.

Then in a split second, I am flying in blackness, sometimes the blackness parts and I see the nighttime ocean below me, other times I am flying through the stars at unimaginable speeds. A few nights ago, I was flying through blackness filled with large soap bubbles.

Anyway, after flying through the blackness for a short time, a pin point of light will appear off in the extreme distance. I know I need to fly toward that light, I need to be there, because that is my "star."

One time when I got near the light, it ended up being the earth. I then woke up.

Another time, as I was flying towards the light, a voice came into my head and said I could not get to the light, because it was "God." I then woke up.

A few nights ago, as I was flying toward the light, I willed myself to finally get there, instead...the blackness turned to static, and I ended up in pure blackness. No light, no stars, no water, no bubbles. There was no sound in this blackness. I finally realized I had no physical body, and I had no need to breathe. I was scared. Then a voice spoke and said "bask in God's love." I then woke up, with my heart beating out of control. It took me 45 minutes to calm down. I couldn't get that lucid dream out of my head.

Anyone else have lucid dreams that are repetitive? Are they supposed to mean something, or am I just crazy?

Sometimes I wonder if perhaps I do "die" at night (sometimes I have trouble breathing when I sleep, and I wake up gasping for air), and these blackness lucid dreams are really NDEs. Or again, maybe I am just crazy.

One time, in a dream, when I was trying to put my hand through a door, to begin yet another flying lucid dream...and when I had half of my body through the door and the colors changed to the vivid lucid dream colors, angry voices said to me "You do not belong here...get out." I then pushed my self back into my regular dream, and I woke up.

Too weird. I have researched lucid dreams on the web, that have blackness or God in them, and I have come up with nothing. Seemingly my blackness, God lucid dreams have more in common with NDEs or perhaps OBEs?

Any ideas? I am very curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 06:55 AM

1,667 posts, read 9,381,949 times
It does sound like a near-death experience, doesn't it?

Old 02-21-2014, 07:31 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Lucky.

I don't see it as a dream, personally. You were flying around experiencing
"The Other Side"...a different plane your spirit zips around in...where we came from and
where we're going.

Things like this are one of the reasons God is my primary focus.
Yes, the voice saying bask in God's love was right. Practice the Divine Presence
always...become used to the vibration or frequency of love that God is.

Keep God, Reality, Love in the forefront of you're thoughts always and fear will disappear bec you have given yourself over to trusting in "Him".

There are many off the wall spirits in the Astral...I'm not surpried they said scram.

Imagine if one dropped into your bedroom...you'd say scram, also....but it is much better
to lovingly coax them to go where they belong...no fear when you are Practing the Presence.
I can't make you love God and keep Him in your thoughts always with gratitude and love.....but, to me it's the only thing that is real to me.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Sounds like your are astral traveling and not dreaming.
It can be scary, but know that you will always come back and enjoy wher you go and what you learn while you at there.
Feel lucky- many people try and want to do this and can't.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:49 AM

181 posts, read 218,316 times
[quote=peebola;33569287 (sometimes I have trouble breathing when I sleep, and I wake up gasping for air),[/quote]

No, you aren't crazy but you should see a Pulmonary doctor and be tested for Sleep Apnea.

Old 02-21-2014, 11:22 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times
I agree, you are lucky! Sounds like astral travel and everything Miss Hepburn said

Old 02-21-2014, 03:59 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian, and your experience reminds me of certain Mystics who speak of the "radiant darkness" of God, and 1 Timothy says God dwells in "unapproachable "darkness". One of the Fathers wrote that God became man so that man can become God ... Which is our eternal task but because it's an infinite task we never get there as we journey forever into that radiant darkness.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:59 AM

486 posts, read 992,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Lucky.

I don't see it as a dream, personally. You were flying around experiencing
"The Other Side"...a different plane your spirit zips around in...where we came from and
where we're going.

Things like this are one of the reasons God is my primary focus.
Yes, the voice saying bask in God's love was right. Practice the Divine Presence
always...become used to the vibration or frequency of love that God is.
It does feel different than a normal lucid dream. When I was in the pure darkness I was scared, and then the voice said "bask in God's love," probably because the "voice" knew I was scared. Unfortunately I didn't stick around long enough to bask in it, as I woke up immediately after the voice spoke to me. Or maybe God wants me to bask in his love all the time, even when I am awake.

Quote:
Keep God, Reality, Love in the forefront of you're thoughts always and fear will disappear bec you have given yourself over to trusting in "Him".
I have been on a spiritual walk with God for the past two years, basically I have been in the "dark night of the soul" for those past two years. I have problems with faith and trusting in God, as most people do.

I do get "gut feelings" and thoughts/words that pop into my head, that to normal people would sound strange and illogical. For example, a few months ago I asked God to show me what he wants me to do. On four separate occasions the words "learn French" popped into my head. On two of those occasions, that same day I received an email from one of my Youtube subscriptions -- "Learn French with Vincent."

Huh?

That was strange seeing as I subscribed to that Youtube channel over two years ago, when I thought on a whim I could learn French, but I never received emails from that channel until a few months ago.

God knows that I want to move to Paris (my dream!), but the chance of that happening is less than zero, unless God makes it happen, as I have no money, don't speak French very well, and I have no friends or family in Paris.

So I have been trying to learn French, because I figure God didn't say I had to "be fluent in French" - he just said "learn French." Whatever comes of it...comes of it. It is all about experiences and processes - not end results.

Quote:
There are many off the wall spirits in the Astral...I'm not surpried they said scram.

Imagine if one dropped into your bedroom...you'd say scram, also....but it is much better
to lovingly coax them to go where they belong...no fear when you are Practing the Presence.
I can't make you love God and keep Him in your thoughts always with gratitude and love.....but, to me it's the only thing that is real to me.
When I heard the angry words "you do not belong here, get out" I kind of knew I did not belong there, so I popped back into my dream. I wasn't angry, but I was disappointed because when I was halfway through the door, I could see and "feel" the beautiful vivid colors on the other side of the door and I wanted to be there. Once I popped back into my dream it was back to the normal colors of this world.

Speaking of spirits dropping into one's bedroom...I have had two nightmares in the past two weeks of me coming face to face with an apparition/ghost. The dreams seemed so real. In fact in both of them, I ended up screaming at the ghosts (who were women I have never seen before) and saying they were "demons" and needed to go back to hell "per Jesus Christ." In both dreams I knew I was speaking in my sleep as I was slurring my words and it was hard to get the words out. The last nightmare I chased the ghost down the stairs and I noticed it faded away at the bottom of the stairs after I angrily told it to go back to hell.

Maybe the apparitions were other real people (who were dreaming also) dropping into my dreams, like I was trying to pop into the world beyond the door. It is so strange, but fascinating.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:57 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
No, you aren't crazy but you should see a Pulmonary doctor and be tested for Sleep Apnea.
Ditto this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal