Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:54 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,931,619 times

Advertisements

- I was watching a TV show tonight about the Egypt pyramids.

Something that was said caught my attention.

As they were at some Museum which housed
the Cap Stone of a Pyramid with an Egyptian King's Name which had been engraved on it.

And the King's name was: I or eye.
It caused me to think of the pyramid capstone on our dollar bill with the eye on it too.

Just thought that was an interest coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Was it on the history channel? I am often suspicious of the information they preset.
Personally, (without having studied the capstone) I doubt there is a kings name, especially I/eye.
From my own studies, I had the understanding that all the capstones had been long removed by thieves. And, I have never come across any king with that name. Khufu was king when the pyramids were built....well, not all. A different king was in place when the first one was built, the pyramid with the bent top.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:27 PM

- It was The American Heroes Military Channel.

The word for eye is 'irt'.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:49 PM

That's a network under the Discovery umbrella, not much different.
Here is a list of all the kings of Egypt-
King List (Alphabetical)
There is the name Ay, but that is 13th & 18th dynasty. The pyramids were build much earlier than that.
No name on the list comes close to 'irt'.

It is an interesting coincidence, but one that I find that has no relation. In my suspicious nature, I wonder if someone is trying to stretch the truth to give the 'king' an the eye a connection.
It would not surprise me, it has been tried before with Jesus; Son/Sun of god. The linguistics does not work.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:59 PM

- I don't know. They did not make that connection. I did.

You don't believe it could just be an 'Unexplained Mysteries' (?)

Old 02-28-2014, 08:16 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post

the Cap Stone of a Pyramid with an Egyptian King's Name which had been engraved on it.

It caused me to think of the pyramid capstone on our dollar bill with the eye on it too.

Isn't the pyramid capstone and eye supposed to have something to do with the Illuminati too?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:23 AM

The connection of the eye and capstone to the Illuminati... There is none. The eye is called 'the eye of prosperity' by the creators, who were not Masons or of any other such order.

As goes there being a actual capstone in a museum, I don't know. It could be a mystery since as far as I had ever learned was that they had been dismantled. It is a mystery as to what ever happened to them all.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:39 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post

Not sure if this has any bearing on this thread...but interesting just the same.

There was a king named Ai (pronounced eye or I) recorded in the book of judges:
Judges 8:29 And the king of Ai he hanged on a tree until eventide: and as soon as the sun was down, Joshua commanded that they should take his carcass down from the tree, and cast it at the entering of the gate of the city, and raise thereon a great heap of stones, that remaineth to this day.

English: How to Pronounce AI [a

Hmmm....

Old 03-04-2014, 07:02 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Ai is actually a Canaanite place name, it means "heap of ruins". Which is pretty much what is was when Judges was written. This Egyptian view of the military adventures of the 'apiru described in Joshua is interesting to read for another perspectve:

http://www.israel-a-history-of.com/amarna-letters.html

I always heard the eye on the pyramid was a Masonic symbol representing the Creator ...

Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I always heard the eye on the pyramid was a Masonic symbol representing the Creator ...
It's is called 'the eye of prosperity' by the designers, who were not Masons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal