Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 07:24 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times

Advertisements

I have been researching on this, and there are sooo many different stories that Dad was on his death bed, and was claiming that he saw his brother in the corner, which he was actually talking to, shaking his head and pointing fingers. When he ask his daughter if she saw him, she said no.

I guess this could be possible. Maybe its comforting to know that you have a loved one who is coming to get you to take you home! That would be nice.

When my aunt was sick, my mom went over to help her, and was going to sit down on the side of the bed, and she screamed..no! Don't sit there. Hamp is there at the end of the bed. Cant you see him?
NO. She said, he is right there.

She said he said it wasn't my time to go.

interesting stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:17 AM

1,209 posts, read 2,929,140 times
I went thru this when my Granny was dying. She saw so many people, who where not alive. One was a close friend who was hit by a car as he exited a taxi about a year prior to her passing. She yelled out his name "OMG HARRRRYYYYYY IT'S SOOOO GOOD TO SEE YOU"! One thing that bothered me was she saw a little boy in a white suit.. She said he was the cutest thing and she played with him. She kept telling me he was right there.. I never found a connection for the little boy in the white suit.

I did have a son 1 year after her passing.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:11 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I have been researching on this, and there are sooo many different stories that Dad was on his death bed, and was claiming that he saw his brother in the corner, which he was actually talking to, shaking his head and pointing fingers. When he ask his daughter if she saw him, she said no.

I guess this could be possible. Maybe its comforting to know that you have a loved one who is coming to get you to take you home! That would be nice.

When my aunt was sick, my mom went over to help her, and was going to sit down on the side of the bed, and she screamed..no! Don't sit there. Hamp is there at the end of the bed. Cant you see him?
NO. She said, he is right there.

She said he said it wasn't my time to go.

interesting stuff.
they do seem to see these crossed over people...

and what a gift this is- real or not to the skeptics...who cares,,,,think about the person,,,lying in bed,,near death,,,,,knowing there are close to death,,,,,worrying, scared, in pain, helpless......and to think you see someone coming to welcome you over.......what a gift for a dying person,,,

I do think they actually see someone I also believe there is a heaven and spirits,,,but I don't believe we are suppose to really find out,,,,,because we are to live our lives ...with the reality we have,..

imagine if one day there was scientific proof that we all do live on after death,,,,while initially we may all celebrate,,,,,but most would also realize they are being constantly watched or visited and we would be talking continuously to the spirits......many would be obsessed with the other side so much we would be compromising our own reality lives......

Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Yes, interesting.

Robert Monroe in his books and others too who have written on out-of-body experiences, say that it is possible to visit deceased rellies when you go OOB.

The Monroe Institute does research into this OOB phenomena, and there is a scientific project I read about or in a video which regularly gets messages from the same entities.

I think we are getting there as far as science is concerned, all it needs is repeatability which for ghosties being studied by science is generally rather difficult to achieve.

If you are researching this topic, I would assume you have been talking to hospice nurses and carers to get their take on it all?

Old 03-27-2016, 05:31 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
I went thru this when my Granny was dying. She saw so many people, who where not alive. One was a close friend who was hit by a car as he exited a taxi about a year prior to her passing. She yelled out his name "OMG HARRRRYYYYYY IT'S SOOOO GOOD TO SEE YOU"! One thing that bothered me was she saw a little boy in a white suit.. She said he was the cutest thing and she played with him. She kept telling me he was right there.. I never found a connection for the little boy in the white suit.

I did have a son 1 year after her passing.
And, you love to dress him in a white suit?

Old 03-27-2016, 07:34 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
My step dad was dying with a brain tumour and he shouted me over in a panic to his bedside... and was pointing to the bottom of the bed in a corner..."tell him to get to hell out of there".... I said OK but who isi it.... "Its Bobby Murray and hes making faces at me..."..... Bobby had been his brother in law and best friend who was killed the last two weeks of WW2.. I had to shout at a corner and tell this person to clear off , then looked round and my step dad said .... Thats better he was annoying me... so strange..

Old 03-29-2016, 05:22 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,037 times
I have only seen the deceased ..in my dreams. I do think they can come back and attempt communication with us, the living. But not everyone is open to it, or can receive it.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:45 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
I think it's a perk provided by our brain.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I do think they actually see someone I also believe there is a heaven and spirits,,,but I don't believe we are suppose to really find out,,,,,because we are to live our lives ...with the reality we have,..
I have a friend who doesn't believe in anything "woo-woo". Not only doesn't believe, but doesn't enjoy participating in discussions about the paranormal. She's always thought people who believed in any of that wasn't educated, or was a little "off", or whatever. Had a condescending attitude toward it. Firm non-believer.

Until her mom died. After her mom died. my friend started seeing her mom in spirit form, around the house now and then. This continued for a few months. Of course this freaked her out, because she didn't believe in anything like that. Finally, she got up the nerve to ask her siblings if they'd noticed anything unusual since their mom passed away. Her siblings lived in different states around the East Coast. ALL of them said they'd seen their mom "hanging around" at times. In less than a year, their mom apparently decided she was ready to move on, and she wasn't seen again. But for quite a few months, she couldn't tear herself away from her kids.

Pretty interesting.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:04 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,500 times
My family isn't at all close, and never has been, even when my cousins and I were toddlers. I happened to be chatting online for a day with one of my cousins (we are both fully grown, and although she is a decade younger than I am, her oldest child can be considered grown.). She told me that her Mom died of bone cancer, and was in a full body cast. She went on to say that near the very end, her Mom started trying to move erratically and actually kinda leaped and fell out of the hospital bed. This freaked my cousin out, and she started crying while witnessing this and almost screamed, "Mom! What are you doing??!!"

Her mother's last words were, "Momma's here (our grandmother)...we're dancing."

Grandma was born in 1911, and taught her two daughters and myself how to do the Charleston.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 03-29-2016 at 07:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal