U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 03:39 AM

577 posts, read 479,992 times

Advertisements

While documenting some dumping that was occurring on my property, well what use to be my property, when I noticed the moon shining in the morning sky.

After just a few minutes I noticed a vapor arising from the ground so I took another picture.

When looking over the photos later, I noticed a speck which I initially thought was on the screen, after noticing it was on the picture, I begin zooming in.

Even closer look at it....

Here is plausible alternative. LINK

Last edited by deadwood; 03-14-2014 at 03:50 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 10:32 AM

12 posts, read 14,883 times
Wow, This is your own personal photograph?

Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 AM

365 posts, read 436,718 times
well....this is weird.
I would love to see a comment from someone who has dealt with stuff like this before. So I can understand what and the hell is going on.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:49 PM

5,460 posts, read 8,631,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
While documenting some dumping that was occurring on my property, well what use to be my property, when I noticed the moon shining in the morning sky.

After just a few minutes I noticed a vapor arising from the ground so I took another picture.

When looking over the photos later, I noticed a speck which I initially thought was on the screen, after noticing it was on the picture, I begin zooming in.

Even closer look at it....

Here is plausible alternative. LINK
I doubt it has anything to do with your "plausible alternative". My bet would be that it's probably a bird. Maybe an insect. What is LIGHTBENDER III?

Old 03-14-2014, 04:09 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,251,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with your "plausible alternative". My bet would be that it's probably a bird. Maybe an insect. What is LIGHTBENDER III?
Looks like a bird to me, too.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGirl528 View Post
Wow, This is your own personal photograph?
Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
What you think the Phasm just floats up there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Looks like a bird to me, too.
There's an original thought!

Old 03-15-2014, 05:14 PM

5,460 posts, read 8,631,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
What you think the Phasm just floats up there?
And that's your explanation for "UFO Identified: LIGHTBENDER III"?

Old 03-15-2014, 05:23 PM

4,258 posts, read 4,020,571 times
Looks like a soaring bird in the first photo that it appears in and something completely out of focus in the last one.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:24 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 9,362,644 times
Initially it looks like a bird; however, there is no head. Also there is obvious light differences around the outer edges, this suggests that it is metallic and has different light reflectance, which is why you named it lightbender III?

Where was this taken (city, state)? If there was nothing on the camera then it's likely a UFO, and a classic one at that. The shape a small bump on top, as suggested by the lighter areas around it, it is symmetric. The bottom is flat and the overall shape of the object is a circle, as suggested by the light around the bottom of the UFO.

Cool pic, thanks for posting.

The reason it's not a bird is this:

There is no light reflecting off the surface of a bird because a bird is typically made of carbon, not metal.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat
Looks like a soaring bird in the first photo that it appears in and something completely out of focus in the last one.
The last photo is zoomed in as much as I can zoom it in with the entire object inside the frame.

It also appears that the pinkish hue is in front of the object which means the object is further back than the cloud looking vapors. However, the weather data that day shows no clouds that morning. So if a bird, it would have been miles away, talk about Big Bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7
Also there is obvious light differences around the outer edges, this suggests that it is metallic and has different light reflectance, which is why you named it lightbender III?
Actually the thought of that name had came to mind before then, but it seemed to click when I looked at the picture the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7
Where was this taken (city, state)? If there was nothing on the camera then it's likely a UFO, and a classic one at that. The shape a small bump on top, as suggested by the lighter areas around it, it is symmetric. The bottom is flat and the overall shape of the object is a circle, as suggested by the light around the bottom of the UFO. Cool pic, thanks for posting.
DFW Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7
The reason it's not a bird is this:
There is no light reflecting off the surface of a bird because a bird is typically made of carbon, not metal.
That is certainty more of a scientific explanation than what I have heard, although I haven't ruled out that it wasn't tampered with after I had downloaded it on my computer, before going back days later to resize the photos I had taken that particular morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal