U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM

596 posts, read 529,129 times

Advertisements

In one of my pyshic sessions, a psychic told me I had a great spirit guide, that wanted to reach me and tell me an important message. The psychic offered to connect me to my spirit guide through channeling, but of course for a price. Well I've had enough dabbling in pyschic readings and personally don't think it is a wise investment in my part anymore, but I'm not so interested in channeling...seems to witch crafty for me, but I am interested in spirit guides.

What are spirit guides?
Are they just our inner voice--intuition?
How do we hear them more, or interact with them?
Do you believe in spirit guides, or is this just a bunch of talk?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 07:57 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,738,457 times
There are many thoughts on what a spirit guide is. Many feel that it is an actual intelligent spirit being that can be human or human-like. Human-like, meaning a spirit that never took human form or has totally transcended the physical human state of being long ago.
I have encountered 'spirit guides'. My first known psychic impression came in the form of a female voice that I did not recognize. She told me that my grandfather had died moments before the phone call came from my grandmother.
I have also heard that we have more than one and each has thier own 'job' in regards to our lives. Some are 'guards' some are 'guides' and some are mediators between us and the spirit realm.
It is possible that these guides are our own psychic connection that manifests itself in an 'external' form, this giving the impression of another 'person' when actually it is coming from within ourselves.
So I am not really sure if it is really external input, or our own intuition talking.
But either way, I fully believe in the aspect of a psychic spiritual guidance system.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:07 PM

19,345 posts, read 14,820,533 times
No a spirit guide is not just your intuition...but when they pop something into your head
it seems like it is coming from your own thoughts....when you need it....like
"You have a 1'o clock appt today"....."Take an umbrella"....Turn left even tho you wrote down right....

He is asigned to you...has known you for a long time....has his own personality...or she can be
tough, bored, a little exasperated, (why, bec she is used to you not listening to her).
Practice what they nudge you to do...then say thank you, acknowledge him or her...not that they
help u more, but you will open the flow up and receive so much help.

Stand...move your body forward telling your guide this is a "Yes".
Stand straight and sway backwards...tell your guide this is a. "No".
Ask then a yes or no question....feel him/ her push you fwd or backwards.
They are right there...always be CLEAR...if you say you need money...you may find a quarter.
Say, "I need $50 by Friday, so be it" Or amen or " I don't know how you do it, but please work it out, I
NEED $50 Friday, Thank you."

Let us know how you do.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:28 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,738,457 times
Use of the body like a pendulum....neato!
I will have to try that out.
I feel really disconnected from my spirit guide. When I was young and into my 20's, I would hear her quite often.
Now, not so much if at all. Hmmm, come to think of it. Maybe she/they do communicate with me, but by a different means.
It was about the time I started my study of tarot that they stopped whispering in my ear.
When I sit down and start to write a reading, words flow without even thinking about it and they come so fast I cannot write fast enough to keep up with the info coming to me. It is like I am dictating, so is akin to channeling.
I have also learned to trust my intuition much more as well, so maybe they are able to just relax and not 'butt in' as much.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:57 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,259,468 times
Long ago and far away I was "read" by a lady who performed Kirlian Photography on my hands. During her reading she was so awed by the fact that she could see that I had 2 spirits guides and what appeared to be a Master guide. She said that she has never met anyone with that much protection. I have always felt the presence of spirit guides during my journey on this planet. And I have truly been protected by them. I would love to met them in a Lucid Dream.

Last edited by TVC15; 03-19-2014 at 11:20 PM..

Old 03-19-2014, 10:18 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
What are spirit guides?
There are many different kinds of spirit guides but they are here to assist or protect us.

Quote:
I don't believe that spirit guides are the same thing as my intuition. Both are completely different experiences for me.

Quote:
Learning to work with spirit guides is a magnificent adventure that will be unique for each person. There are many books out there that can teach you how to recognize you spirit guides.

Quote:
Yes I believe in Spirit Guides as well as Nature Spirits and Guardian Angels.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:24 PM

35,104 posts, read 44,332,539 times
Quote:
In one of my pyshic sessions, a psychic told me I had a great spirit guide, that wanted to reach me and tell me an important message. The psychic offered to connect me to my spirit guide through channeling, but of course for a price. Well I've had enough dabbling in pyschic readings and personally don't think it is a wise investment in my part anymore, but I'm not so interested in channeling...seems to witch crafty for me, but I am interested in spirit guides.

What are spirit guides?
Please don't confuse the two, Psychic and Witchcraft are two completely different things however, a Witch can be Psychic.
That being said a lot of Witches get offended when one refers to their gift as "witch crafty", there is nothing "crafty" about it. "Crafty" is when one has a hobby that is considered part of the crafting industry such as Cross Stitch, Crochet, Knitting, etc.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:28 AM

256 posts, read 298,195 times
What is a good way for someone to tune in on their spirit guide? I would love to get a hold of mine...

Old 03-20-2014, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transdimensionalhottie View Post
What is a good way for someone to tune in on their spirit guide? I would love to get a hold of mine...
IMHonestO as a first step...learn the ability to sense the unseen.

There are many teachers that can teach you how to accomplish this.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:00 AM

19,345 posts, read 14,820,533 times
Once you do what I said in Post #3....using your body as a pendulum...you will feel
such a connection to your invisible guide.
I mean they are right there...as in right here...that is their job...and you aren't they're
only charge, ha, lol.
So, they aren't just hovering around you when you don't need them exactly ...but will be
alot and are there when for you when you pay atteention to them.

Next, step is then to fine tune it...drop only your head forward and say, "OK, this is
a yes...". Then tilt your head backwards (or left or right whatever), say this is a No."
Soon, you can say, "This feeling is a Yes, this feeling is a No."

Talk to then, always smile and say thank you when they tell you to take that coat
as you're walking out the door...acknowledge to them they were right when you didn't listen, just like to a friend.

Once, I was so into it my friend having a group over didn't know what to do after dinner, so I said,
"Do you have a deck of cards?" Her son did.
I said, Everyone pick a card, don't look at it and write down what u think it is...hold it to your forehead,
I don't care.
I closed my eyes kinda meditated inside and like a shout way in back of a crowd of people I heard within me someone say 5 of spades...I simply trusted that and it was.
That was 26 yrs ago and I still have that card.

It's just trusting and fine tuning your attention...not some big ole psychic thing, mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal