Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:35 AM

476 posts, read 1,296,903 times

Advertisements

Griffin,
I'm not an expert but I believe I am "sensitive" to these things and I've been down this road. Maybe I can offer some help.
I have experienced many things mostly as a child and spent much of my time growing up in my parents' house living in fear. When I got old enough I started checking out books from the library (no internet then!) to look into this and help myself get rid of it. No sage, salt etc (although these are powerful cleansing symbols that may help you get there) but the mind is a powerful thing and you can use your mind to evoke healing and cleaning energy in your home. I agree with the pp, hawaiian by heart, that negative energy like fear, insecurity or grief can attract certain energies and you may see outward manifestations of that. Positive energy is extremely powerful, and it is important to keep that flowing.
I see this as a defense. I close my eyes and meditate and start imagining the positive energy, the white light, flowing through me. It starts in my heart area and starts flowing around from my head and down through my body and outwards, like in a circular motion, and then it fills up the room. I feel it in my body like a tingly warm feeling, and I feel it fill each room in my home, and it extends outwards like a bubble protecting us. I ask for protection from God and the white light over my spirit, my home, and my family and pets. I feel it very strongly, and I soon feel better. Using this method I have ended the paranormal weirdness in my homes. I do it from time to time, whenever I get that feeling, as I feel it is necessary to protect my home from negative energies from whatever source. My daughter is particularly sensitive and I feel it is necessary to protect her. She tells me things from time to time, and I have taught her how to do this.
I am not a particularly religious person or into paranormal investigation. I am a spiritual person. I have not adopted any belief regarding the paranormal, and I am skeptical. I always try to find a rational explanation for things. Sometimes the rational explanation is not there, and I "get it" when I hear from others about their experiences. I'm just a typical suburban mom. This is the way I have learned to cope. It sounds like your wife is extremely sensitive, maybe in part due to her upbringing. I think she can find a way to turn it off. It will take conscious effort and meditation on her part.
There is a woman in my area who does spiritual cleansings of homes. She is a psychic and medium and she has this training. I am sure you could find someone in your area like that. Maybe do a google search for some psychics or mediums and you might find someone with a website that can help you? I know there are also meetup groups that focus on spirituality and positive energies. My area has many. Maybe that would be a place to start?
I hope that helps, and I am no expert. I know it sounds weird, and that is why I don't discus this with anyone in my personal life - LOL. I know everyone would think I am a nut. But it is a part of my life experience, and I will step up to share any help that I can offer. I know it's tough when you are experiencing something and everyone thinks you are crazy, LOL. Good luck and please post an update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 01:05 PM

777 posts, read 881,656 times
I guess telling the ghost to "Get a life"
would not be that effective.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:27 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Does anyone know of any Churches in the South Florida area that specializes in blessing houses that are haunted? I don't need the contacts of groups that investigate the haunting because I have already done that. Anyone with information on this would really be helping me out.

If you even know of a church in another state that specializes please give me their contact information. Because they may know who I can go to for help in S. Florida.

I've been through this before. If you have had an argument or are moving into a new house, sage can't hurt and it seems to help.

If you are having a full blown haunting and objects are moving, you are seeing things, hearing things, being physically touched or otherwise disturbed, tripped, pushed etc, sage won't do anything.

The Roman Catholic Church will bless the homes of members. Some priests do not believe in the paranormal and others do. If you are a Catholic you can try them for a blessing.
Pentecostal and Charismatic Churches will often do this, but they only believe in demonic hauntings, not ghosts.

Other Churches that do house blessings and actually have prayers for these are the Evangelical Lutheran Church and the Episcopal Church. I can find you an Evangelical Lutheran Church, if you want.

Having the house blessed is a good place to start.

However, not all pastos or priests believe in this. A house blessing may get rid of activity. Or it may calm it down for a while and make it worse.

Without knowing what is going on, it's hard to know where to begin.

http://561paranormal.com/ These folks may be able to give you some ideas.

Send me a direct message if you want.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:59 PM

69 posts, read 140,492 times
Default Paranormal activity

Hello Griffon, you have received a lot of advice here, some good, and some bad. Long story short: it was Wicca and Santeria that opened the door to the demonic and now demons have attached themselves to your wife and they will not go away lightly. As a practicing Catholic who has some experience in these matters, I would advise you to not contact any new-agers, Wiccans, Pagans, channelers, conjurors, spiritists, mediums or anything of this nature. You don't fight a fire with gasoline. Your best weapon is already at hand. You wife is a Catholic. Take advantage of it. The Catholic Church is par excellence when it comes to spiritual protection. They have had two thousand years of practice in the realm of spiritual warfare.

First thing: Your wife should go to confession and be absolved. Then get a priest to come to your home and bless it. Get holy water and sprinkle it everywhere. Start going to Mass. Get an active prayer life. The Rosary is a powerful weapon, so is the Divine Mercy chaplet. Pray the St. Michael prayer and the Lord's Prayer. Read the Bible daily, preferably together. You really have to fight these entities, they won't go willingly. It may get worse before it gets better, but you must take back the ground that was handed to Satan when your in-laws were dabbling in things they shouldn't be. Here is a site that may help you: Catholic Ohio Spiritual Warfare Education and Information Center
May God bless you.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Old 04-26-2014, 06:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Get your wife the mental health care she needs and deserves. You haven't disclosed many intimate details, but I'm assuming she is having "issues" and she and obviously you are relating those issues to the "supernatural"

As someone who has been around mentally ill people a lot of my life, I can tell you this is dangerous thinking and analysis on your part! She needs professional psycho therapy.
There are some people who are so afflicted or oppressed by the demonic world that they appear mentally ill but are not. They need deliverance or freedom from these dark spiritual entities that attack their minds and thought processes. The mental health community does acknowledge the unseen spiritual aspect of humanity so all problems that are spiritual in nature are labeled "mentally ill" and psycho-trophic medication is prescribed to the person. In the cases where the problems are spiritual, the medication doesn't help the person at all and often the person says it makes them feel worse.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 04-26-2014 at 06:47 PM..

Old 04-27-2014, 02:32 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
There are some people who are so afflicted or oppressed by the demonic world that they appear mentally ill but are not. They need deliverance or freedom from these dark spiritual entities that attack their minds and thought processes. The mental health community does acknowledge the unseen spiritual aspect of humanity so all problems that are spiritual in nature are labeled "mentally ill" and psycho-trophic medication is prescribed to the person. In the cases where the problems are spiritual, the medication doesn't help the person at all and often the person says it makes them feel worse.

I have wanted to input SOMETHING on this thread, but don't know exactly where to start. While, I am not a psychologist, I keep asking myself, WHY would someone think they were immortal? The human mind can only take so much defense before it shuts down. Relatively speaking, I don't think people are aware of this, or they think it's some type of self control of a massive muscle in their head. That's simply not the case. A person is responsible for what they decide to "let in". If spirits are more demanding at any point, than the said person is not taking control of their mental health and going to end up in a mental unit.

At this stage of the game of these posts, I would encourage the OP to take charge and protect his wife with some type of anti-depressant. I am not activator for prescription drugs but really, when the brain shuts down, it can be horrific. The brain signals other parts of the body to function. If that signal is lost, it can be critical. Why take the chance? Especially on some entity? They are really not that important. Usually, if something is really haunted.. that's another way of trying to get your attention and is usually because of trauma, or some injustice.

To the OP.. I personally think your wife has become so accustomed to this state of mind, that she expects it. She actually attracts it.. She needs to learn how to disassociate, especially if she is a sensitive. She is not the only one on the planet that is a sensitive, or is hypersensitive to attract different levels of energy. I would serious doubt to say that this condition was "Wicca" or a by-product from being Wiccan.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:36 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
OP -

"Hauntings" never seem to happen to non-Christians or athiests, and despite the stories there is zero proof, just like UFO abduction is never seriously contemplated when a child goes missing.

Someone who is religious is by nature more open to the possibility of spirits and more likely to assume a supernatural explanation for non supernatural events.

Actually, not true. I have been an atheist since childhood but I am psychic and my house is very "haunted". A paranormal team did a full house investigation: all equipment, 6 visits, 3 different psychics. They picked up enough material it was used on a radio and TV show locally. The events continue with decreasing then increasing frequency and intensity, as they have for 35+ years, in this house. They aren't necessarily evil - just there.

I think it is a matter of dimensions and spirits and objects slip back and forth and some locations, or maybe the "vibes" of some people provide a more conducive atmosphere to these things.

This takes me to the next contemplation when in one of the above posts, someone said that once they accepted the Christian's view of jesus, etc, the activity stopped. It would be impossible for an atheist to do this and I don't think faking out the spirits would work. Then again, maybe it would. I do have old Russian icons and other eastern European religious art in my home (inherited items) but you wonder if it does any good since I don't have the beliefs to empower these inanimate items. Opinions????

Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
Quote:

Or should we just throw away EVERYTHING she previously owned? (pictures, cloth, shoes, hairband, cell phone etc.)
Maybe store them in a storage for a month and see what happens.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:44 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,577,283 times
Quote:

For example, in my house see has experienced: Dark shadows rushing her, dark shadowy hands, Arabic looking man and women appearing in the house, dishes settling in a unusual manner, something mimicking our cats meow, something mimicking my voice and calling out to her when I'm not home.

In another house she has seen: Dark shadow in the form of a man, books falling off shelves, knocking on her bedroom door and everyone in the house told her it wasn't them but they heard the knocking too, white man standing outside in the patio, same man looking into the house through the window, malicious whispering in her ears.
What's your and your wife's ethnicity?

Old 04-27-2014, 05:13 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Arabic looking man and women appearing in the house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
What's your and your wife's ethnicity?
I noticed that too.. but after looking at my own experience.( which this experience was a dream) I was led to a building, I think. I assumed it was more Jewish.. but this guy was talking a language that I couldn't understand. I asked him his name several times, and couldn't understand it. Maybe the third or fourth time, I definitely heard the name "Ishmael". I don't know why I was led there in this dream but I can tell you that this guy is HUGELY POWERFUL. I remember Googeling it the next day.. because I usually don't come across something so incredibly powerful. After about 6 months, my SO passed away..his Jewish friend was there at the service and we placed rocks my SO collected from the holy land on his casket from Israel, Jerusalem, Sea of Galilee, during the funeral.

I've not had an encounter with "Ismael" since.. but that was some very strong, raw power. He also talked incredibly fast. I don't know much about him but he is VERY Strong in spirit.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-27-2014 at 05:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal