Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times

Advertisements

OP -

"Hauntings" never seem to happen to non-Christians or athiests, and despite the stories there is zero proof, just like UFO abduction is never seriously contemplated when a child goes missing.

Someone who is religious is by nature more open to the possibility of spirits and more likely to assume a supernatural explanation for non supernatural events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 03:28 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
OP -

"Hauntings" never seem to happen to non-Christians or athiests, and despite the stories there is zero proof, just like UFO abduction is never seriously contemplated when a child goes missing.

Someone who is religious is by nature more open to the possibility of spirits and more likely to assume a supernatural explanation for non supernatural events.
That made me chuckle. I was a card-carrying atheist with an Anthropology degree when I moved into a haunted house a few years ago. I got interesting "lessons" concerning a wider and far more complex reality than I was taught about in college or had otherwise experienced in my life.

It's true that many things "paranormal" can be easily misinterpreted, but once you've seen stuff that is unambiguous and should not rightly exist and/or happen in a purely physical world, you can never go back to that mindset.

Of course, I think religion errs in the other direction by giving names to and making assumptions about things that always have existed beyond the normal perception of the local hairless bipedal ape population. Perhaps one day science will catch up and these things will no longer be considered "supernatural".

Old 04-15-2014, 06:55 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
That made me chuckle. I was a card-carrying atheist with an Anthropology degree when I moved into a haunted house a few years ago. I got interesting "lessons" concerning a wider and far more complex reality than I was taught about in college or had otherwise experienced in my life.

It's true that many things "paranormal" can be easily misinterpreted, but once you've seen stuff that is unambiguous and should not rightly exist and/or happen in a purely physical world, you can never go back to that mindset.

Of course, I think religion errs in the other direction by giving names to and making assumptions about things that always have existed beyond the normal perception of the local hairless bipedal ape population. Perhaps one day science will catch up and these things will no longer be considered "supernatural".
Wrong.

The Theory of Relativity explains all sorts of "supernatural" occurences.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
@Op

Get some white sage(elders sage) and a smudging sea shell, mix in sweetgrass and ceder with the sage. Smudge from top of head all the way down under your feet and backside, breath in smoke, hold exhale.

Ok that will take care of your negative energy, but before we move on to the house. Please understand that illness etc is caused by imbalance in our lives. To much fear can cause spirits or negative energy to attach themselves to you. What we put out in the physical world has an effect on the unseen world.

Our outside life says alot about our spiritual welbeing inside and is important to be aware of it, Is your house messy all the time?, do you keep the drapes closed all the time? These are just some examples. Why is this important? Everything works in a circle or cycle, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. Mental, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual etc etc. How we think effects our emotions, our emotions effect our bodies and thus effects our spiritual energys.

I need to continue on my next post ran out of roo

Old 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM

@Op

Continued from my last post

That doesn't mean we have to live a life of unicorns and rainbows? No its natural to have good and bad. Its just too much of either that gets us in trouble. So when dealing with negative energies or spirits its important to not feed it with our own negative energies. So now you kinda have an basic ideal how things work.

So moving on to smudging and cleaning your house of bad energies etc. Start in the daytime, open all curtains, let the light in, clean the house. Then start with lighting the sage and asking greatspirit to guide you, smudge everywall, corner nook and cranny, saying " greatspirit cleanse this house with good energy, if there is any negative energies or spirits you are not welcome here" Go thru every room repeating the words.

Ok its also important to note to do this without fear, if you feel fear resmudge yourselfs and continue together. You may want to do this three times a day, for a few days, decrease when your home starts feeling lighter.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 PM

Continued from my last post

@Op

Its very important during this time to keep positive, keep your house lit up at night(not everylight in the house lol, but don't be stuck sitting in the dark, don't watch horror movies, be kind to your wife and vice versa, play positive light good music etc etc. Also you can smudge yourself as much as needed. This should work, good luck, may greatspirit be with you Aho.

PS: My first line about personal smudging you my want to go head to toe a few times.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 PM

85 posts, read 122,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Does anyone know of any Churches in the South Florida area that specializes in blessing houses that are haunted? I don't need the contacts of groups that investigate the haunting because I have already done that. Anyone with information on this would really be helping me out.

If you even know of a church in another state that specializes please give me their contact information. Because they may know who I can go to for help in S. Florida.
First of all, are you serious?

Does it has to be a "church"? Would you be comfortable to attend to a spiritist center, explain the problem and ask them to include your family in the spiritual treatment?

I can't know if you live near a spiritist center (I'm shocked on how unpopular spiritism is in America, based on what I've seen in a few weeks on City-Data...), but at least in Florida spiritist centers should be more numerous, since the big Brazilian population who lives there. My aunt lives in Orlando and she attends to a spiritist center there.

(Man, based on your last sentence it seems like you've actually interacted with the spirits, is that right? If so, you should REALLY look for a spiritist center, maybe those unfortunate that are taking your sleep away need more help than you. Even if you don't believe much in spiritism, please consider doing this kindness.)

Old 04-15-2014, 10:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Wrong.

The Theory of Relativity explains all sorts of "supernatural" occurences.

Oh please, educate me...

Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Quote:
...Someone who is religious is by nature more open to the possibility of spirits and more likely to assume a supernatural explanation for non supernatural events.
I'm so glad there are folks out there who know how I will react based on my religious beliefs. I'm a scientist by profession, but I'm sure someone with your credentials... wait... what are your credentials?

Old 04-17-2014, 11:01 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,951,681 times
Quote:
OP -

Um, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal