Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Aliens exist and are visiting the planet
Yes I believe 10 37.04%
No I don't believe and the rest of you are crazy 1 3.70%
I believe they exist somewhere in galaxy but not here on Earth 9 33.33%
Yep, They walk among us 3 11.11%
I like pie 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 09:59 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Stock View Post
I take it your not a Patriot? Do you believe in the Constitution and the Bill of Rights? And no I'm not trying to derail the thread I am just wondering why you think Cooper is crazy given today's 1984 Orwellian dictatorship we live under? Cooper wasn't crazy, just ahead of his time by about...15 years.
I tried reading Cooper's book. Couldn't stomach it beyond 50 pages or so. It actually reminded me a lot of the sermons of Jim Jones. Guy was an egomaniacal nutcase, not a patriot.

When it comes to Cooper's supposed patriotism, I am reminded of something Chesterton wrote:

“I have formed a very clear conception of patriotism. I have generally found it thrust into the foreground by some fellow who has something to hide in the background. I have seen a great deal of patriotism; and I have generally found it the last refuge of the scoundrel.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 07:45 PM

63 posts, read 57,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I tried reading Cooper's book. Couldn't stomach it beyond 50 pages or so. It actually reminded me a lot of the sermons of Jim Jones. Guy was an egomaniacal nutcase, not a patriot.

When it comes to Cooper's supposed patriotism, I am reminded of something Chesterton wrote:

“I have formed a very clear conception of patriotism. I have generally found it thrust into the foreground by some fellow who has something to hide in the background. I have seen a great deal of patriotism; and I have generally found it the last refuge of the scoundrel.”
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I couldn't disagree with you more on your statement. Our freedom came at a very high price that many keyboard warriors know nothing of. You may feel the effects more directly as the internet is sold out.

Selling Out The USA? Obama Administration Turns the Internet Over to the Globalists | SOMICOM

Old 04-05-2014, 08:04 PM

781 posts, read 736,307 times
I'd like to think that if there are beings smart enough to zip around the galaxies, then they'd be smart enough to stay the f**k away from this planet.

Hopefully they'll clear the earth away for that intergalactic expressway and consign the insanity that is this world to a well deserved oblivion....

Old 04-06-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post
I'd like to think that if there are beings smart enough to zip around the galaxies, then they'd be smart enough to stay the f**k away from this planet.

Hopefully they'll clear the earth away for that intergalactic expressway and consign the insanity that is this world to a well deserved oblivion....

Old 04-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Stock View Post
Our freedom came at a very high price that many keyboard warriors know nothing of.
I couldn't agree more. That still doesn't make William Cooper any less of a first class kookoo bird.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:58 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,728,760 times
Makes for great sci-fi opera, but until someone captures one in public (ET or UFO) and has physical evidence then I would say it's hard to believe in sci-fi operas, as fun as they can be. I'm sure if ETs are real they would most likely have some sort of intergalactic treaty that says they cannot interfere with other civilizations until they reach a certain technological point, and I would assume any offenders would be dealt with.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:31 AM

63 posts, read 57,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailSymbolizes View Post

One must take into account the history of everything that has happened here, I certainly would be scarred to step foot here as an ET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Makes for great sci-fi opera, but until someone captures one in public (ET or UFO) and has physical evidence then I would say it's hard to believe in sci-fi operas, as fun as they can be. I'm sure if ETs are real they would most likely have some sort of intergalactic treaty that says they cannot interfere with other civilizations until they reach a certain technological point, and I would assume any offenders would be dealt with.
Great Star Trek approach, lots of ex-gov people are whistle blowing, the gov is quick to discredit them by character assassination ASAP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal