U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 PM

2,976 posts, read 4,481,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
What's this? A Terminator eye? I thought the transformers owned real estate up there next to Starbucks.
That's HAL, I guess you never saw the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 04:41 PM

11,551 posts, read 14,589,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
That's HAL, I guess you never saw the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey
That's a classic that I saw years ago. HAL the computer.

Think i will give 2001 a watch again, Thanks for the info.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 PM

48,508 posts, read 88,655,852 times
A lot of assumption in that article with no proof at all given.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:20 PM

5,435 posts, read 5,390,915 times
lack of proof doesn't mean something isnt true. I think there is a lot evidence (not proof) that we have been visited and it would make sense for aliens secretly observing us to set up camp on the moon. The very nature of the moon and its rotation is pretty unusual for our solar system. The far side of the moon is never visible from earth which is pretty odd. I have seen so called leaked images of the "real" far side of the moon and its scattered with structures all over the surface. Some of the structures are massive beyond belief. They would make the Great Pyramids look like childs play. And there are towers over 5 miles in height. There is evidence of photo tampering by NASA. You can see were objects have been blurred out of the photos and its interesting that the original Apollo moon film footage went missing for decades. How does an organization like NASA lose footage of one of the most important events in human history? They wanted the footage lost because they didn't want want the world to really know whats on the moon. The film footage is high definition quality in color, yet NASA only makes public grainy black and white footage. The first man who walked the moon seemed to have vanish after his historic walk.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 04-11-2014 at 08:31 PM..

Old 04-14-2014, 02:30 AM

12,445 posts, read 12,352,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
...The very nature of the moon and its rotation is pretty unusual for our solar system. The far side of the moon is never visible from earth which is pretty odd.

Can anyone say Tidal Locking? Just because you don't understand something, don't assume no one else does.

I have seen so called leaked images of the "real" far side of the moon...

Hmmm... that holds up to scrutiny - ever try to get a bank loan based on a "so-called" job.

How does an organization like NASA lose footage of one of the most important events in human history?

The same way they lost the blueprints of the rocket that got them there.

The film footage is high definition quality in color, yet NASA only makes public grainy black and white footage.

You're right - High-Definition was all the rage back in the 60's and 70's. BTW - what the heck kind of TV would you have watched that on?

The first man who walked the moon seemed to have vanish after his historic walk.

I don't think Neil Armstrong knew he had vanished.
Intriguing...

Old 04-14-2014, 11:26 PM

15,921 posts, read 18,348,253 times
The only structures I know of on the far side of the moon were well documented in the movie "Iron Sky"

/sarcasm

Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 AM

13,510 posts, read 15,650,297 times
Quote:
a top former NASA official says the Apollo astronauts took pictures of artificial structures on the moon. ...
They are cow barns.

Doubtless you have hear that "the cow jumped over the moon."

These barns are where she did her overnight before coming back down.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:58 PM

29 posts, read 54,515 times
Quote:
It is odd how our moon is the only moon in the solar system that has a side thats never visible from its planet.
This is incorrect.

Quote:
Most significant moons in the Solar System are tidally locked with their primaries, because they orbit very closely and tidal force increases rapidly (as a cubic) with decreasing distance.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:35 PM

7,054 posts, read 3,524,646 times
Quote:
That wouldn't bode well for people of faith if they found out we have alien DNA in our genetics ...
Gorillas would be in for a surprise too. They share 98.5% of our DNA. Chimps too but they share even more of our DNA. Unless the geneticists have been BS'ing us all along.

As for the moon been tidally locked to the earth - that's not surprising considering the origin of the moon. It is now believed to be formed from the debris ejected into earth orbit by the collision of earth and its sister planet. The debris would have clumped to form the moon with just little spin and tidal locking could have occurred right from near the beginning. Being older than twenty, I have seen the original photo's of the back of the moon which were pretty high definition and that wasn't on TV. Those were high quality prints in books. Can't say I could make out any signs of buildings or cities. By the way, the far side of the moon would be a dangerous place to build cities considering the meteorite bombardment going on there.

This is a high resolution map of the far side. The formation of one those craters was witnesses by some monks a few centuries ago.

Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 PM

20,950 posts, read 17,302,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
That's a classic that I saw years ago. HAL the computer.

Think i will give 2001 a watch again, Thanks for the info.
Read it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal