U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 03:23 PM

5,539 posts, read 3,981,690 times

Advertisements

When my husband & I were first dating, he was looking at me and I HEARD him say "Beautiful" loud & clear even though he didn't say anything. That was the only time I recall hearing it-but half the time I know what he is thinking anyway. Actually, I usually know what people are thinking but that is another story-but this was the only time I HEARD it.

He told me that he once heard his sister say something even though she didn't say anything but she said that she was thinking it.

Has anyone else heard the thoughts of others?

Cat
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 03:56 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,762,475 times
My husband picks up on my thoughts. Two different scenarios happen when he does.
He asks me (a lot), 'what?' when I have said nothing. When we were first dating and after a few whats- I asked him, 'what did you hear?' It was so long ago that I don't remember what it was exactly, but I do remember that he had heard something that was exactly what I had been thinking about.
The other situation is when I am having an issue with him, but I don't say anything because of his mental illness so I just try and work it out on my own.
Out of the blue he will say exactly, word for word, what I envisioned him saying when I play out the mental movie of how he could make me feel better.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:00 PM

4 posts, read 6,749 times
Some say when you really know your significant other things like this tend to happen. It is pretty wild.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:59 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,392,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
When my husband & I were first dating, he was looking at me and I HEARD him say "Beautiful" loud & clear even though he didn't say anything. That was the only time I recall hearing it-but half the time I know what he is thinking anyway. Actually, I usually know what people are thinking but that is another story-but this was the only time I HEARD it.

He told me that he once heard his sister say something even though she didn't say anything but she said that she was thinking it.

Cat
Yes. I've done that before but not just with a partner. I've done it with people and usually I will think it first, then they say it. Out loud! It doesn't happen all the time but it happens. I have to put effort into it as well and it just happens with some people, not all of them. It's just a really quick thing, like a flash. It happens so fast, that if you aren't paying attention, you'll miss it. Chances of that kind of connection are rare but it is still there. I have it anyway.

Edit: As far as my deceased partner.. we were like twins. Most of that communication is non-verbal anyway. That just comes from really knowing someone.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-09-2014 at 10:09 PM..

Old 04-09-2014, 10:17 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,079,416 times
Radar Oreilly on Mash could do it.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:32 AM

652 posts, read 748,125 times
Sometimes I feel the confessions of Catholics and recognize Jesus soul while they are giving confessions. I was once accused of being the feelings police in addition to the behavior police and human lie detector.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:36 AM

5,539 posts, read 3,981,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Yes. I've done that before but not just with a partner. I've done it with people and usually I will think it first, then they say it. Out loud! It doesn't happen all the time but it happens. I have to put effort into it as well and it just happens with some people, not all of them. It's just a really quick thing, like a flash. It happens so fast, that if you aren't paying attention, you'll miss it. Chances of that kind of connection are rare but it is still there. I have it anyway.

Edit: As far as my deceased partner.. we were like twins. Most of that communication is non-verbal anyway. That just comes from really knowing someone.

I can't tell you how many times I will say something and someone will reply, "I was JUST thinking of that." One time that happened and my step-daughter said, "I really hate it when she does that."

My husband & I know what each other are thinking because we do know each other so well. There have been many times when one of us will say, "What about..." and not finish the sentence and the other will say, "Yeah, I agree." People around us will look at us and wonder what we are talking about.

About a month ago or so, we were in the car talking about the renos of our new house. We were trying figure out where to put a broom closet. I was saying something and then an idea hit me and said, "Wait a minute." That was all I could get out because then my husband said EXACTLY what I was thinking. It was at the EXACT SAME MOMENT thinking the EXACT SAME THING! We laughed about it. I often wondered if that was me picking up on his thoughts, him picking up on mine or what?

But to actually HEAR it is very strange.

Cat

Old 04-10-2014, 07:46 PM

191 posts, read 196,633 times
My daughter and I have a very strong connection, a lot of times one of us would say what the other was thinking. Or I'd be thinking of a song (something obscure) and within minutes she would be singing it. Stuff like that

Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,601,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post

Cat
Interesting subject. I have a bunch of examples in my family, but the most surprising one came from my son, who was about 2.5 years old when I first saw it:

We were in the grocery store and I was looking for cinnamon. The display of spices was just huge, and to keep myself from forgetting what I was trying to find in the maze, I repeated the name of the spice in my head as I went along.

Out of the blue, my little guy, who was sitting in the grocery cart and watching me intently, shouted, "Cinnamon!" That was quite a shock, but he could read my mind for a long time after that. He finally said it didn't happen any more when he was a teenager, but I don't really believe it did end!

As for me, I don't hear the thoughts of others, but I do have a fuzzy form of precognition. Would like to develop it but don't know how.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:46 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,392,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
As for me, I don't hear the thoughts of others, but I do have a fuzzy form of precognition. Would like to develop it but don't know how.
I have a lot of it and I am certainly not boasting. It works for other people but nine times out of ten, has nothing to do with me. SO, sometimes I just want to be greedy and want it to work for me ( somewhat of self pity but not really) but it won't work. I haven't won the lottery or a free pair of shoes.

It really only works through me if I become EXTREMELY close to an an individual. Then again, that's not always the case either. Sometimes, I can just look at people for a split second and know something. I've even found a persons child they never knew they had ( Seriously) I looked at a lady one time and knew she was going to die and she did. ( I knew she was very sick but she had no idea) It took a year and half and she was gone. I knew my partner was going to die before HE knew he was going to die and I couldn't say anything. So, I had to keep that information TO MYSELF ( which nearly killed me) and he was diagnosed with cancer a year later.

Those are just a few examples and again it's just something I've always had.. but I also get lazy with it.,, because it's never about me and I really can't express it to anyone. Mainly because it's a future sense. You can't tell people they are going to pass before they know anything is wrong. And no, it doesn't happen all the time and sometimes like I said, I feel like it a wasted effort. There is not a whole lot you can do with it anyway.

But then again, it's always been a love-hate thing with me. If it doesn't happen for a little while, I miss it. Then, when it happens-- it shocks me! Then I get mad because I don't understand what I am suppose to do with it. Sometimes, I am just suppose to know ( I guess) that maybe the meaning is there is much, much more around than we think.

I can testify to that and I personally know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal