Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 02:07 AM

732 posts, read 968,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I think by the time my name was called out 3 times in this gravely ugly male voice, I was just like DONE. It said "goldy" quietly...I was lying in bed and my now ex-husband wasn't home. I heard it quietly but wasn't sure so I let it go. Then I heard "Goldy" again in a stronger distinct voice but I didn't answer...I just pretended I didn't hear it. Strangely I wasn't scared. Then I heard "GOLDY" in a loud crackling awful voice. I think I was so tired from lack of sleep being a new mom, exasperated with all of the ghost crap I had been dealing with, that I just said "WHAT?!" in a totally annoyed voice. No response. How rude!
I normally try to ignore ghosts & other entities (I have some forms of psychic abilities), and I've also had those experiences of ghosts not answering back after they initiated the communications. It just makes them more weird & creepy. I don't understand what they get out of doing those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 12:00 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,622 times
I've posted in this forum previously regarding my home. I live in a 1925 adobe home in New Mexico which is "haunted" by the family that built the home and farmed the land. They are obviously happy here and intend to stay. I never said much about the phenomena but I have multiple witnesses and 2 years ago, a local paranormal investigative team made 6 visits, an all night review, and brought 3 different psychics. It was verifiable and fascinating and we have things on video and audio.

And yes, to answer a question, during my life I have seen objects move by themselves and often in this house, objects disappear, reappear, or never come back. Same thing happens at my neighbor's house. (part of the original farm land).

In addition to the original ghost family, when my ex-husband died suddenly, much to my great horror, his ghost returned here as he thought he was still married to me. It took almost 10 years to get rid of him and it was dreadful. Lots of anger, cold spots, the "ghost computer" of the paranormal team picked up violent words and the psychics were actually frightened of him.

I could go on and on about this property and of other experiences in my life. Yes it's creepy, but so long as the spirits and events are not surrounded by evil or violence, you become accustomed to it and get a sense of humor about it. Often, you visitors do not - an in one case, I had a boyfriend run screaming in the night and never come back. Oh well - I guess he wasn't much of a man to start with.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:59 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Our house is 103 years old and we are the third owners. When we first moved in I was alone in the house taking a shower. It was an ugly old bathroom with pink fish wall paper, pink plastic tile, and an old tub with a shower door. I had placed a towel on the towel bar of the shower door and a couple of minutes into my shower I heard a loud noise on the shower door. It took me awhile to get up enough nerve to open the door and look out into the bathroom. I saw my towel in the middle of the bathroom. Something had ripped the towel off of the towel bar. I've heard it walk in the hall way upstairs and walk up and down the stairs. One time I thought it was my husband coming to wake me up from the couch. I called his name but he didn't answer. I jumped up and the dog and I stood at the end of the stairs listening to it walk up the last couple of stairs. I couldn't see anything but I could still hear it. It frightened the kids up in the attic when the door nob started rattling. I checked but no one was there. There has been tapping on the windows and it followed me into the bedroom and tapped on a window inches from my head. A bedroom door opened by itself as I walked up the stairs. That same bedroom has one of my grandmothers antiques that has a key in the door. The key disappeared for months. We finally found it in the basement on one of the shelves in the tool room. How it got there remains a mystery. The very last episode was around Easter. I was watching a few scenes from The Exorcist laughing at how it frightened me when I was a teenager. The window behind my head started rattling and something crashed in the kitchen sending the dogs into a frenzy. I turned off the movie and will never watch it again. Crazy things have happened to me at work as well in more then one work place, but by far the creepiest thing happened in Maine when we were house hunting. Go to my photo album and look at the pictures of the yellow house.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:19 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,100,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I think I might have had my first paranormal experience in the house the other day. I was in the house by myself while Hubby was outside. I was standing in the kitchen when the back door just opened by itself. At first I thought it could be the wind but the door opens out.
That's how it started in our house (a 1959 bungalow). The basement door would turn its own knob and open on its own accord. From there, it escalated to phantom music softly playing in the basement at night, strange footsteps, wall knockings, bedroom doors opening and closing on their own, unaccountable sounds (like water running in the middle of the dining room), shadow figures, phantom voices and breathing, the dog growling at invisible threats, TV and lamps turning on and off and drawers opening and closing on their own. The activity itself comes and goes... For months nothing will happen and then suddenly we get a variety of incidents within a couple of weeks. It especially gets active around Christmas and when we do any kind of renovations, but also happens at random times for no apparent reason. These incidents have been witnessed by everyone in the house, and occasionally are witnessed by multiple witnesses at one time. And yes, we have CO detectors in the home and have had the electrical wiring checked by a licensed electrician.

It was a bit freaky when we first moved in, but to be honest you just get used to it after awhile. I guess it helps that at no time has the presence in our home acted in a threatening or menacing manner. We find the dog is a lot more wary of it than we are.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:29 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
We have been in the house for 3 weeks now and haven't noticed any overt signs yet. I must say that I am a bit disappointed. But, maybe she is waiting for us to get settled in, finish unpacking, etc. etc.

Cat

Old 06-03-2014, 01:19 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
I had a European neighbor once tell us she use to put pins on the floor in some of her rooms because of spirits. Apparently it was their way of safeguarding their house from these spirits.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:38 PM

368 posts, read 831,109 times
For some reason, since the age of 14 I have lived in older homes. Older homes tend to need renovations at some point and it has been my experience that spirits get very active when renovating. The most recent being I was pushed while tearing up old carpet. I just stood there and said...........sorry this carpet has got to go !! Hopefully when they see the new carpet, it will be ok.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:59 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
That photo under "supernatural" with all the faces was just a little too creepy for me. I would delete all pics of that place in maine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Go to my photo album and look at the pictures of the yellow house.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:52 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
I have had strange experiences in several different places. Once when I was working in an old church that had been converted to a home. I was the only one there, but my tools kept disappearing. When I would go look in my tool box, that I had left in another room, the tool I had just laid down was back in the box.
Probably the spookiest was working in a home where three boys had lived and had drowned in a nearby pond a few months before. Even though I was the only one there, I could hear children's voices.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:46 AM

859 posts, read 705,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
I've posted in this forum previously regarding my home. I live in a 1925 adobe home in New Mexico which is "haunted" by the family that built the home and farmed the land. They are obviously happy here and intend to stay. I never said much about the phenomena but I have multiple witnesses and 2 years ago, a local paranormal investigative team made 6 visits, an all night review, and brought 3 different psychics. It was verifiable and fascinating and we have things on video and audio.

And yes, to answer a question, during my life I have seen objects move by themselves and often in this house, objects disappear, reappear, or never come back. Same thing happens at my neighbor's house. (part of the original farm land).

In addition to the original ghost family, when my ex-husband died suddenly, much to my great horror, his ghost returned here as he thought he was still married to me. It took almost 10 years to get rid of him and it was dreadful. Lots of anger, cold spots, the "ghost computer" of the paranormal team picked up violent words and the psychics were actually frightened of him.

I could go on and on about this property and of other experiences in my life. Yes it's creepy, but so long as the spirits and events are not surrounded by evil or violence, you become accustomed to it and get a sense of humor about it. Often, you visitors do not - an in one case, I had a boyfriend run screaming in the night and never come back. Oh well - I guess he wasn't much of a man to start with.
How did you know that that old house you lived was haunted by the family that built and farmed the land? how can you make sure of this ?
Do you believe that if the house is too old must be haunted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal