Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:23 PM

206 posts, read 158,418 times

Advertisements

My dad's house is. Or was. Still is. lol. I HATE staying there at night. Way to creepy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
I have lived in two houses with a resident ghost, and another that seemed to be on some sort of 'hot spot'. It never bothered me much after that first encounter. That was a big unsettling at first.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:52 AM

5,853 posts, read 5,280,356 times
We are about to move into one. Today we were over there today and introduced ourselves to "The Lady." We met with former occupants of the house who told us that she used to tuck their boys in every night so I don't think we need to fear that she is a mean entity.

I have never seen a ghost per say-but have felt presence. I am kind of looking forward to my first experience. I just hope I don't get TOO scared when it happens. Also, my husband doesn't believe in ghosts so I can't wait until she shows herself to him to prove to him that they do exist.

I think I might have had my first paranormal experience in the house the other day. I was in the house by myself while Hubby was outside. I was standing in the kitchen when the back door just opened by itself. At first I thought it could be the wind but the door opens out.

Cat

Old 05-07-2014, 05:08 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,288 times
Not my current one..thank goodness. It's very peaceful inside.

I have lived in a haunted apartment before. We moved in right after I had my daughter. I was up all night for months (she was colicky) so I got to experience a lot first hand. Footsteps up and down the hall all night, doors moving by themselves, my baby girl laughing in her crib like something was entertaining her, things always missing and then turning up in the oddest places (car keys disappeared and turned up in the fridge??!!), walking into the kitchen and seeing every cupboard and every drawer opened in the morning, the power constantly going out and PGE & the landlord having no idea why only my apartment only was having this issue.

I think by the time my name was called out 3 times in this gravely ugly male voice, I was just like DONE. It said "goldy" quietly...I was lying in bed and my now ex-husband wasn't home. I heard it quietly but wasn't sure so I let it go. Then I heard "Goldy" again in a stronger distinct voice but I didn't answer...I just pretended I didn't hear it. Strangely I wasn't scared. Then I heard "GOLDY" in a loud crackling awful voice. I think I was so tired from lack of sleep being a new mom, exasperated with all of the ghost crap I had been dealing with, that I just said "WHAT?!" in a totally annoyed voice. No response. How rude!

We moved out a couple of months later once our lease was up. The downstairs neighbors were so pi$$ed with us too because of all the running around footsteps all night. But it WASN'T us. Try telling that to them though.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:06 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
My dad's house is haunted. Activity has been quiet in recent years, but not entirely gone. It can be pretty creepy at times! I have posted various stories of it throughout this forum in the past.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:12 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I think by the time my name was called out 3 times in this gravely ugly male voice, I was just like DONE. It said "goldy" quietly...I was lying in bed and my now ex-husband wasn't home. I heard it quietly but wasn't sure so I let it go. Then I heard "Goldy" again in a stronger distinct voice but I didn't answer...I just pretended I didn't hear it. Strangely I wasn't scared. Then I heard "GOLDY" in a loud crackling awful voice. I think I was so tired from lack of sleep being a new mom, exasperated with all of the ghost crap I had been dealing with, that I just said "WHAT?!" in a totally annoyed voice. No response. How rude!
LOL sounds like he got the point at least!

Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Anyone else's house haunted?

Mmmmm, but the haunts are not yet deceased. Dead haunts are easier to deal with.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:16 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Just out of curiosity, how do you know if one house is haunted?

Old 05-08-2014, 07:16 AM

185 posts, read 241,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Floating furniture is a pretty good giveaway.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:28 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
Not my current one..thank goodness. It's very peaceful inside.

I have lived in a haunted apartment before. We moved in right after I had my daughter. I was up all night for months (she was colicky) so I got to experience a lot first hand. Footsteps up and down the hall all night, doors moving by themselves, my baby girl laughing in her crib like something was entertaining her, things always missing and then turning up in the oddest places (car keys disappeared and turned up in the fridge??!!), walking into the kitchen and seeing every cupboard and every drawer opened in the morning, the power constantly going out and PGE & the landlord having no idea why only my apartment only was having this issue.

We moved out a couple of months later once our lease was up. The downstairs neighbors were so pi$$ed with us too because of all the running around footsteps all night. But it WASN'T us. Try telling that to them though.
I lived in a house in Phoenix, AZ for ten years that was haunted. We had the same exact experience as you... things went missing and were found in the weirdest places. Yes, we found our keys in the fridge or freezer more than once.

My son heard me calling him all the time, when I never did. (He actually hardly ever heard me when I DID call out for him!) I heard, "Mama" ALL the time, and would turn around and he would be nowhere around.

Lots of weird sounds, from glasses clanking on the counter to the front door being opened and closed (while still locked). Too many things to explain in posts... I am working on a novel about this fascinating place.

One afternoon I was sitting out by our pool, writing in my journal. I was writing this really weird poem and writing it from a male perspective (which I was trying to fight, but could not for some strange reason). I paused at one point and looked up just in time to see a male and female apparition - dressed in clothing from the mid 1800s - walk right into my above ground pool and vanish. Only saw them for a couple seconds and never again so clearly.

We had many ghosts in that place... but the monkey had the most fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I guess you just have to experience it for yourself.... then you KNOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal