Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 09:01 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy
I think I would set up a camera in your daughters room.
Yes... Cameras can see things most of us cannot..... Might prove to be quite interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 10:35 AM

621 posts, read 1,614,589 times
While i don't believe i have rights or the ability to tell any entity where to go, i do have a right to tell he/she what areas they are not to be in. Looking back, it was late at night and it may have been nothing, and i would probably react different in hindsight. Just didn't want it around my daughter. I believe she was just wanting the mobile to stop playing, when she was pointing at it and shouting "NO!"..

Old 05-31-2014, 06:04 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird2000 View Post
While i don't believe i have rights or the ability to tell any entity where to go, i do have a right to tell he/she what areas they are not to be in. Looking back, it was late at night and it may have been nothing, and i would probably react different in hindsight. Just didn't want it around my daughter. I believe she was just wanting the mobile to stop playing, when she was pointing at it and shouting "NO!"..
Out-of-sight and out-of-mind, huh? I don't like that house and posted it's location for a reason. So, is this place where the main guy took his life? By the way, I don't think his spirit would be the one bothering you anyway. He wanted out and not an excuse to come back. So, I am taking it the family sold this land and houses were built. If anything, they don't recognize 'ownership' on the other side ( chuckle) If it was indeed a real spirit, they look at you as the 'intruder'.

Where I live.. grandma burned up in the house right behind me, due to a fire. House is not there anymore and the family decided to sell the land.. but she doesn't bother me and she is not around. So, I know that the fire was not an intended action in the first place.

Edit: I am not a psychic but hypersensitive and can pick up on energies. So, did you check the history register on this place or are you just wanting to talk or 'chat' to get things off your chest?

Old 05-31-2014, 06:25 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Growing up with a ghost in my house, a grey mist that did nothing more than stand watch over me and my brother in our bedroom, and he'd play a note or two on the piano every now and then. My suggestions is to keep an eye on your daughter but don't worry about it. There a many spirit energies that roam the world and I would not be surprised if your homes land was occupied by a spirit. What should alarm you is severe changes in behavior, or physical or mental attacks on you or your family. If this behavior swings to anything aggressive you need to let the spirit know it's not welcome, that it's your home and you will not put up with such behavior, then you would be wise to get a person of God to bless your home.

The spirit I lived with my entire childhood was at times scary, simply because I didn't understand why he was there or what his intentions were, but in hindsight, I had no reasons to fear him, I think of him now as a grandfather who had lost his way and he was "watching over" my brother and me for our well being...

Old 05-31-2014, 10:31 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
We've had similar experiences in our current house.

One day, I was heading upstairs and I heard the door leading to our finished basement close. I figured that my husband had come upstairs. A little while later, he came to me and asked me if I had opened the door. I said "no" and thought it was him. Whoever it was, I never sensed any bad intentions. Every now and then, we will hear a door close or a sound like someone dropped something on the floor. I just say to my husband, "Our visitor is back". I once had an intuitive friend. She told me that she thought it was my great-aunt who was the "visitor".

Another day, I got a feeling that there was a bad entity in the house. I looked up a prayer of protection to recite. After I recited the prayer, my husband, who was asleep, woke up and came out of the bedroom which startled me. He asked me if I had just said anything to him. I said "no" and asked him what he heard. He said an angry voiced yelled out "YOU!" After telling my story to him, he said it was all just a coincidence. Maybe, maybe not...

--------------------
OP --- I'm going to suggest to you what I suggested to another poster --- consider saging your place. You don't have to burn it as it comes in a spray form. You can find it at a new age-y store.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:47 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
OP---at least get the mobile out of there!

I would move your daughter into your room for awhile. Don't just leave the little girl alone with that thing!

Old 06-02-2014, 10:44 AM

621 posts, read 1,614,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Out-of-sight and out-of-mind, huh? I don't like that house and posted it's location for a reason. So, is this place where the main guy took his life? By the way, I don't think his spirit would be the one bothering you anyway. He wanted out and not an excuse to come back. So, I am taking it the family sold this land and houses were built. If anything, they don't recognize 'ownership' on the other side ( chuckle) If it was indeed a real spirit, they look at you as the 'intruder'.

Where I live.. grandma burned up in the house right behind me, due to a fire. House is not there anymore and the family decided to sell the land.. but she doesn't bother me and she is not around. So, I know that the fire was not an intended action in the first place.

Edit: I am not a psychic but hypersensitive and can pick up on energies. So, did you check the history register on this place or are you just wanting to talk or 'chat' to get things off your chest?
The link you posted was not my neighborhood. The guy who took his life lived in a house up the street, maybe 200 yards from my house.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times
Quote:
The link you posted was not my neighborhood. The guy who took his life lived in a house up the street, maybe 200 yards from my house.
The link posted is what came up on Google. Without an exact location, the other is bryan lane or http://goo.gl/maps/0E3QH. Regardless.. You said you weren't worried about it anymore anyway, so good luck in your home. I seriously doubt as I said that the guy that took his life is bothering you anyway. He didn't want to live so it is useless energy for him to come back-- so it's something else if anything.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:25 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,264,620 times
As someone who's daughter just turned 2-years-old the other day, I can kind of relate. I remember when she was 20-months-old. She sleeps well through the night, but she has had occasional episodes of waking up crying randomly, and some of those times it is right around the same time of night for 2 or 3 nights in a row. I don't believe it's anything paranormal, it's just the way she is. It could be a nightmare. It could be she woke up and is just overtired or scared because she's alone. Do you have nightlight or anything for your daughter? We leave the closet light on for our daughter ever since a couple months ago when she woke up crying 3 nights in a row. She also has a habit of liking something one day and not liking something the next. One night she refused to have her blanket over her. The next night she insisted it be over her. It could be, as another poster said, that she heard you yelling at the spirit so she started doing it too. It could be the mobile for whatever reason started up and scared her so that's why she was saying no to it. To me, it doesn't sound like anything paranormal is going on. It's just a toddler being a toddler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal