Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM

19,036 posts, read 27,599,679 times

Advertisements

I really could not find better subforum for this, so I'll post here.

I have curse of my life. Ropes, hoses, longer wires.
Pretty much, anything that is about longer than a meter(yard) makes it a point to turn my life into misery.
I tried to be mad at them, I tried to be philosophical, I tried to be nice to them, talked to them, yelled at them.
Does not matter. It does not change, they tie themselves into knots, tangle, catch on things available to be caught on, the very moment I turn my sight away from them. Just had another taste of this, as I pressure washed for 2.5 days, dealing with hoses.

I have a theory, why this is happening to me.

But am curious - what is your curse of life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 10:13 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
I'm sorry aboutt your ropes, hoses, and wires curse. It's no fun to be all tangled up and frustrating to get it all unraveled.

My curse of life is food addiction. I wouldn't mind if I could just give into it, but I need to keep my weight down below 120 or else I feel and look like crap. Still food occupies my thoughts & cravings 24/7 even when I'm full. Daily, hourly struggle.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:30 AM

It is what it is.
I look at it this way - it is destiny's way of educating me not to rush. Patience is not my virtue.
Also, my theory on why this is this particular type of "inanimate object evil spirit' is that I might have been a hanger back in previous life. Have no proof to it, but it simply came upon me.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:52 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I might have been a hanger back in previous life.
At the word "hanger" I imagined a triangular wire with a hook at the top that hangs clothes in the closet.

But you mean a "hanger," as in someone who hung people by ropes. If your thinking is going there, then that explains why you'd classify this as paranormal, unexplained.

I suggest honing patience...every time you must deal with hoses, ropes, cords,

breathe in deeply to the count of 4...hold your breath at the top for a moment, then slowly exhale to the count of 4.

Repeat many times.

Proceed with task.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:32 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
I was going to mention some sort of past life residual as well.
I have that (tho not to 'curse' level) with things around my neck. I can't wear short necklaces, turtlenecks, or anything that comes close to my neck. Drives me crazy and I feel constrained.
Perhaps I was hung or something.

As far as something that could be a 'curse'....hmmm....I can't think of anything at the moment that just always 'gets in the way'... But if I have one, I sure I will remember when I encounter it.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
I'm a klutz, with a capital K L U T Z. Yesterday I was cleaning -- my house was a wreck. Hubs went off to some business, as we are down to one car this week. I moved my couch to clean behind it, unplugged a light, and while holding onto the vacuum cleaner, I bent down to replug the light in, which wouldn't go in without a couch adjustment, so I simultaneously stepped into a wire wastebasket behind me, rolled the vacuum cleaner away and followed it forward, and went sideways onto the sofa arm which is HARD.... I have a bruise the size of 2 bananas on the rear of my left calf, a bruise on my hip and I stretched my back out and it's sore,too.

And I worked today, and from yesterday's mopping (and vacuuming accident) my bursitis in my elbows is screaming, so mopping out and sanitizing/deodorizing 16 trash chutes was SO much fun.

I love my house mop --it's a version of a hurricane spin mop, except instead of a bucket with a foot pedal, and the spin head comes off and is washable so you have a clean mop every time, but the one I bought uses an locking/unlocking handle to create the spin, and the churning of the spin pops my elbows... but if I kept my house in some semblance of order I wouldn't have to do a major clean every time I cleaned. You'd think someone who owned a janitorial company would actually GET IT. It's just after spending a few hours cleaning up after other pigs.... I mean people ... the last thing I want to do is come home and CLEAN.

Oh, byu the way -- I have to do dishes. SO -- maybe cleaning is my curse?

Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I'm here to take care of broken people, or so it seems. They keep finding me. I no longer worry about tangled hoses, wires or extrusion cords. I have too many other things to do.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Mine would be being very fast. Although it's a gift, it's a curse. I get pretty frustrastrated when things won't mentally move ( people, things, stuff). If there are things on the counter.. they are simply gone within 10 minutes. I have sold the contents of my house about three times in my life.. I really dislike small spaces, small cars, small pantries, small computer screens, small closets.. I will make them bigger. I guess I am an extreme motivator. I think very fast and move very fast but when things don't move-- look out. I can move anything.. people, stuff, homes, cars.. but it can be a curse. When it's a curse is usually when I encounter someone that is mentally not that fast and it's not fair to them sometimes ( very hard to bring my brain down at times to understand that most people are not wired that way)

Old 05-28-2014, 04:38 PM

Just wanted to clarify something.
This is not about "addictions" in life. This is about "curse" that one has no control over. Something that is being imposed onto you "from the above" for purposes various. I believe, most likely - for "training and education".
Don't really want this to steer itself into "addictions" thread, it's quite different. Addiction is a choice, "curse" is destiny.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
At the word "hanger" I imagined a triangular wire with a hook at the top that hangs clothes in the closet.

But you mean a "hanger," as in someone who hung people by ropes. If your thinking is going there, then that explains why you'd classify this as paranormal, unexplained.

I suggest honing patience...every time you must deal with hoses, ropes, cords,

breathe in deeply to the count of 4...hold your breath at the top for a moment, then slowly exhale to the count of 4.

Repeat many times.

Proceed with task.

I did. My wife, bless her heart, well aware of this struggle, told me many times - you simply have to start loving them.
I tried. Likely, not long enough.
Yes, I do agree. That's the best way to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal